24 Hour Fitness / unprofessional behaviour!

I did not use my first week free personal trainer offer that came with my joining 24 hours. I asked if I could use this any other time since I was leaving for a long vacation during and will not be in to use the gym the first week. They said yes, no problem. I came later and talked to the assistant manager and he flat out said I can not use it once I missed it. The worst thing about it is he actually made me feel I made the whole thing up. I would have cancelled my membership right there and then and have gone somewhere else if it was not the investment I have made for the five four years at this place.

This happened to me at Bedford location in Texas. I will look up the managers name and will post it here.

• Steven Scharf's Response, Oct 21, 2018

I belong to the 24 Hour Fitness on Iris Ave. in Boulder CO. Your music sucks.

Comments

6th of Sep, 2007

The "club" on Pico Boulevard in West Los Angeles is the shabbiest run club I've ever experienced. There are managers, assistant managers, assistant-assistant managers and yet...

1. No one can change the constant rap music after 6PM because "the manager went home".
    2. Equipment goes for months without being repaired.
    3. There is no soap in the showers or sinks.
    4. One of two urinals is usually out of order.
    5. The air conditioning in the gym is OFF and it's over 80 degrees because, get this... the associates upstairs trying to lure in new members are freezing from the air conditioning on that floor. When you suggest they close some of the air conditioning vents upstairs so the gym downstairs can be bearable, they looked at you as if you're from outer space.
    6. Oh, some of the assistants and assistant managers tell you the music can't be changed because it is programmed by the day manager and it's on a computer.
    7. The rap music is so loud that it overpowers your ipod.
    8. The gym itself is filthy.

• Mi
      4th of Nov, 2007

This note is addressed to the membership department.

My account number is AB79777, I became an employee, and my employment ended in July 2007. When I became a member I was told that my membership would be put on hold, my card was frozen, that was completed several weeks after my employment. I received my new membership card (GY88254) . Since I'm no longer a employee I request that my membership be reactivated. Please let me know of any monies that are due. I hope that I'm reaching a department that will put this in the membership department.

Michael Brooks!

• Wo
      30th of Aug, 2008

Unprofessional Fitness Business Advertisement

I am a member at Bally Fitness for 5 years, looking for alternative excellent fitness for enjoying and expanding my workout experience.

I saw the special offers of 24 Hrs Fitness on Fri morning (08/29/08) on website in the special offer section. It said "1-year pre-paid all club for only $249", the Offer expires 08/31/08. I printed it out, took it with me to my work place; I thought I will apply online when I got back home.

At the same day, I onlined on Fri evening (08/29/08) 5:40pm, they already took the Ads out from the website. I called to the 24 Hrs Fitness in my local area (Pico Los Angeles), they said that this offer expired on THU 08/28/08 (yesterday). OMG!!! they're all lirer, unreliable people to talk with. I said I had a paper on my hand; however, they still insisted the Offer already expired since THU 08/28/08.

So, I have only one chance to find out by calling to a number# 1-888-243-5002. I called to this phone# (it's a number for joining the fitness over the phone) in the morning of Sat 08/30/08 10:00am; a representative (a lady) said that this Offer already expired, , , dam it ! stupid ! unprofessional !
    I said that I have a paper on my hand, and it said the Offer expires on 08/31/08. Then I heard she talked with someone near her, she came back to me and said that it already expired; she said "she can't help, sorry!"

This is very disappointed with the professional fitness business who has many branches over the country and in aboard. The Ads is expired before time it'd be, unprofessional staffs to provide the significant information to support the customers, unwilling to help customers.

PS:- Very disappointed !!!

11th of Sep, 2008

thanx guys, Im looking for a gym this helped my decision. I live in pembroke Pines FL and there are other gyms more affordable, they are too expensive. I rather join a better gym like ballys or LA fitness with heavier weights and better machines. But i think Ima go to a cheaper one like planetfit or Club fit. thanx

• Ki
      14th of Aug, 2018
    24 Hour Fitness USA - Business Closed and I have life time membership
    Dearborn
    Michigan

I purchase a life time membership for Fitness USA in 1993 from Dearborn, Michigan.
    Unfortunately, Fitness USA has not performed well and they closed all their location.
    To resolve the problem, I would appreciate if I can get my refund I paid $1000+. Otherwise I would like to know if any other place will honor my membership somewhere else.

29th of Aug, 2018
    24 Hour Fitness USA - Fitness usa life time membership

I brought a lifetime membership when I was like 18 yrs old. Thinking I would have it for a lifetime. But now there is none near me! I think I deserve a refund!?

• Qu
      21st of Oct, 2018
    24 Hour Fitness - missing $100 cash payment
    Richmond
    California
    24hourfitness.com

Rude & Lazy Employees. One Named Sonya Embezzled a $100 Cash Payment I made one Month Ago. Now, I'm Overdrawn at My Bank thanks to Her Not Logging in My Payment. I was Forced to Called Customer service and Filed a complaint.
    Bathrooms are Always Dirty.
    I Don't Recommend this Gym.

• Wa
      21st of Oct, 2018
    24 Hour Fitness - dirty bathroom
    Pembroke pines
    Florida
    24hrfitness.com

The batroom are very Dirty the toilet full of crap no toliet paper is like this everymorning that the only thing i have to complaint

• Ro
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    24 Hour Fitness - roger
    San Diego, Californiasan diego

this is a fake website. there is no connection with this site and 24hr. read the reviews on this site before using it. be aware!

• St
      27th of Oct, 2018
    24 Hour Fitness USA - your music

I belong to the 24 hour fitness in Boulder CO. Your music is the worst. I am ready to join another gym.