2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited / designed without a front dome light

My complaint is that this vehicle, the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited, purchased from King Hyundai in Deerfield Beach, FL was designed without a front dome light. Specifically, when you approach your car in a dark parking lot and initiate the keyless remote or if you unlock the car with the key, there is no light in the front part of the car that goes on even when the door opens. As Hyundai puts it, they designed the vehicle without this front dome light.

Since vehicles have had dome lights that go on when the door is opened for many years, it is surprising that Hyundai would choose blatantly to eliminate such a useful safety feature.

You might say, why didn't I notice that when I purchased the car, I could only respond with who would think that one would have to verify such a basic feature of a new vehicle prior to purchase. Do we need to verify that our new car purchases have batteries, parking lights and air filters in the future? I guess "let the buyer beware" reigns supreme at Hyundai!

Respectfully submitted,
David J Nace

Comments

• Gu
      27th of Apr, 2007

I have the same complaint about the dome light, I just got my 2007 Santa Fe serviced (April 27), when I was waiting for my car in the show room I took a look at the new 2007 Santa Fe, When I got in the car I noticed that the front dome light when on when I opened the door. I went to the service department to ask about this and he had no clue why mine did not work. He asked the service tech. and he said that mine did not light up when you open the door, mind you I bought this 2007 Santa Fe in October and now it is April and they fixed this issue with newer cars (6 months?) He said they can't upgrade mine. So I think I am going the write to the Corporate headquarters to see what they say, and also the Nat'l Highway Safety dept. to see about a recall on this issue.