2004 Nissan Maxima / nissan is a lemon!
Please review the message below I sent to everyone one in my address book. I would like to get this posted on complaints.com and the pictures of my 2004 Nissan Maxima.
Thank you in advance.
Friends, colleagues, and acquaintances:
I am reaching out to all of you because of a little research I did on lemons and Nissan automobiles.
For those of you who know me, I have a 2004 Nissan Maxima and take really good care of it. Well as it turns out, I’ve come to realize I purchased a Nissan Lemon.
Before I purchased my 2004 Nissan Maxima, I thought there was only one kind of LEMON and only one place to purchase them. I believed the only lemons were those you purchased from grocery stores to eat, use in beverages, etc. Well, I stand corrected.
There are two kinds of lemons. Yes, the kind you buy in grocery stores as I described above and those you purchase from Nissan Corporation.
I purchased a 2004 Nissan Maxima in December 2003 and thought it was a very classy car. Well little did I know, what I purchased was a 2004 Nissan LEMON. Since I’ve had the car, it has been in the shop at least 20-22 times for numerous items:
* The driver’s door tends to come open unexpectedly (my car has been in the shop at least 2-3 times for this). This happens mainly in the winter so what I’ve determined is that you are not suppose to wash a Nissan Maxima in the winter. This is not stated in the owners manual.
* Left and right front struts broken and had to be replaced
* Electrical anti-lock breaks went out
* Shifter assembly to the transmission went out
* Stereo speakers had to be replaced
* Lumbar in the front seats broke
* Rotors were excessively warped
* Tires were cupped and found this out 6 months after having the car (Tires cupped are broken belts in the tires)
* Seat Harness recalled (thank heaven this was fixed before my door flew open while driving)
* Front Grill was replaced due to peeling
* Driver’s door molding has to be replaced
* Driver’s power window motor had to be replaced
* Sunroof and windshield gets condensation on the inside of the vehicle in the winter when the car sits outside overnight. I don’t park it outside much in the winter for fear the doors won’t shut.
* Console lid latch replaced
* Frame unibody recalled due to rusting in winter from salt
The message I am spreading here is to let all of you know that if you are considering buying a Nissan Lemon, Nissan Corporation won’t back you. I opened two claims with the Nissan’s Consumers Affairs group and contacted the District Regional Sales Manager only to get a call on Friday, March 16th from the Sales Manager of Nissan Corporation indicating that since they made every attempt to fix my car and give me rental cars while my car was in the shop, that they have decided they’ve done all they can.
Nissan won’t even consider any buy back options because the car is 3 years old and has 45,000 miles. I was told that they would be happy to help me pick out another Nissan Lemon and finance the new one.
What person in their right mind is going to go through what I’ve been through with my 2004 Nissan Lemon and walk right into another dealership and purchase another one; not me. It would be different if my current vehicle wasn’t almost paid off but to go finance another $20-30K for another 4-5 years, they have to be nuts. If I am going to do that, I will purchase another model.
Therefore, I am reaching out to all of you asking you to spread the word to anyone you know that is considering buying a Nissan and explain to them the difference between the lemons you purchase at the grocery and the lemons you buy from Nissan Corporation. Now don’t get me wrong, they both leave a sour taste in your mouth.
PS: If you need to see the difference in a Nissan Lemon and a Lemon purchased at the grocery, open the attached documents.
Please spread the word!
More 2004 Nissan Maxima Complaints & Reviews
- Nissan Murano Transfer Case - problems with transfer case 
- Nissan Motor Acceptance Corportation - car loan customer service 
- Nissan Altima - rear brake problems 
- Nissan Canada - poor customer service 
- Nissan USA - shoddiest customer service I have ever experienced! 
- Nissan Motor Company - delay and over promise service
- Nissan Motor Company - lia nissan glens falls ny
- Nissan Motor Company - I am not satisfied with nissan of chico's service on my vehicle.
- Nissan Teana - dashboard
- Nissan - nissan versa 2014 defective automatic transmission