1and1.comstay away

I advise people to check out web hosts and domain registers very carefully before committing. I have come to the conclusion that I made the dreadful error of choosing a company because it had a 5 page ad in a popular computer magazine. I believe I have put my trust in a straw man. In my opinion 1and1, with CEO Oliver Mauss, is a horrible company and many customers have voiced a host of complaints on various blogs. It should be a warning that when their phone is answered by a recording that tells you if you have gotten a notice from NCO, a collection agency, to press a certain number. If they are a reputable business, why do they have to send so many accounts to a collection agency? Patrick Frey (Patterico) of the Los Angeles District Attorneys Office alleges his domain was high jacked and put up for auction on SEDO. SEDO is an associate company of 1and1. Patterico: "I believe I'm facing massive incompetence, thievery, or very possibly a deliberate combination of the two. It feels like evil intent — but not for political reasons. It feels like cyber extortion — people going after the almighty dollar. Commenter's have pointed out corporate ties between 1&1, which can't seem to process my timely renewal, and Sedo/Domcollect, which stood to profit from 1&1's failure. Usually, corporate incompetence does not earn the corporation money — but 1&1 and its related companies have found a way to make money off of their own slipshod procedures." Patterico was able to regain his domain. Also Investigative journalist, Kelli Jack, has written 30 articles about this company and has a suit pending against them. Kelli alleges that 1and1 stole her domain name and sold it. Kelli states: "1and1 should be shut down." As of today Kelli is working with the Pennsylvania Attorney General. I have filed complaints with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Federal Trade Commission, Eastern Pennsylvania Better Business Bureau, ICANN, and others. I recommend everyone else having a problem consider doing the same.

The Washington DC, Pennsylvania Better Business Bureau has given 1and1 their lowest rating: "F." Read comments on the BBB why. Read some customer comments on Red Flag. Don't bother trying to access my 2 URL: warthpublishinginc.com, Migraine-Abort.com They are gone with my money and hundreds of domains I had at 1and1.

Wa

Comments

• Ew
      Feb 08, 2011
    1and1 Internet - service and monies taken from account
    self
    edinburgh
    Scotland, Central
    United Kingdom

I cancelled the services with this company and got emailed confirmation from them to advise contract was cancelled.
    Little did I know they would still take monies from my account depsite assurances from their CSR that they would not.
    I emailed them and they came back and advised that I had not cancelled the account, depsite the fact that I received email verification.

On looking at the Internet there are thousands of complaints about this company. My advice, STAY WELL CLEAR OF THEM

• Ik
      Jun 17, 2011
    1and1 Internet - I signed up for the basic 2.95 domain, when I printed their bill it said 17.95
    1and1 Internet

I signed up for the basic 2.95 domain. When I printed their bill it said 17.95. I had also signed up for Norton, which I didn't want. So I immediately cancelled. I tried calling but they only work M-F 9to5, so I emailed and told them to cancel, they did and sent me a cancellation verification email. Luckily I saved it. anyway... 1month later I went to my bank and they had waited 30 days to put thru a charge, so I took my cancellation to the bank and they reversed the charge and closed my account. Now 1 yr later May 2009 I get this dirty letter from NCO Financial saying I owe 24.95 to 1&1 Internet Service. They refused to remove the collection until they investigate. I can't believe what a scam this company has going on. I'm turning it over to the Iowa Attorney General's office and the FED Trade Commission Isn't anyone monitoring these online scavengers and the collection low lifes?? Where's our Gov when we need them???