1and1.com / refused to cancel/delete my account then sent me to collections.
I recently used 1and1.com to purchase around 60 domains. After 10 months I realized that 1and1.com is a scam and essentially tries to suck secretly charge customers these renewal fees. I took the appropriate steps to try and cancel. First I tried canceling online but received (and still receive) a server error. Next I called numerous time... no luck. Then I began emailing them so that it would be in writing and they still refused to delete my account from their system. After 2 months of bothering them to delete me, I finally was forced to get a new debit card to ensure they could not charge me.
Fast forward to 10 months later. I just received almost 60 letters in the mail from the collections agency stating that I owe 1and1 all of these renewal fees... a letter for each domain.
I am now disputing this, but this whole ordeal and the hassle involved with keeping track of 60 disputes is sickening, meanwhile I'm deeply worried that my credit score will be destroyed.
1and1.com needs to be investigated and shutdown for their business practices. They take advantage of their customers and bully them around with collections agencies if you don't comply.
More 1and1.com Complaints & Reviews
- 1&1 Internet, Inc. - billing and collection scam 
- 1and1.com - abuse department is actually the billing department 
- Aeg Publishing - fraud marketing 
- 1and1.com - cancellation and refund policies 
- 1 & 1 Internet Inc. - cancellation problems 
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - domains/billing
- www.1and1.co.uk - customer support
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - repeated bogus invoicing and charges collected
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - terrible experience! 
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - domain name hatsunique.com