1800MATTRESS / deceptive sales practices and fake promises

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Buyers ! Be aware! DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. They are a scam and want to just rip your money even in this economy. I just recently purchased two mattresses from 1800mattress.com (one was sealy and the other one was simmon). I was told on that I could refuse the delivery on the spot with not problem. When it arrived, after a week it didn't look right. It was NOTHING like how they described it would be on the website. While I was examining it, I told him it looks fake and he said that I need to call customer service and there is nothing he could do. Which means that YOU CANNOT REFUSE IT ON THE SPOT. THEY JUST SAY IT TO PERSUADE YOU TO BUY THEIR MATTRESS. I examined it more after he left and i found out that they used cheap raw materials and sowing was very poorly. The back side is even more horrendous. The mattresses didnt look like name brands i purchased at all. I decided to Call the customer service next day as it was delivered late. When i called the following day, no one could help me and then they transferred me to the online management office. I had to leave a voice mail since no one picked up the call. I left a brief message about what happened, 24 hrs passed by no calls. i made several attempts to call them the day after but no use. Finally, on the fourth day I got a chance to talk to them. And the person was speaking to was not very nice. I told her my situation and all she could say was may be i got a defective piece. And I asked how can i get TWO defective piece? She said she didn't know. And i also told her that the mattresses dont match the description and she told me that when you purchase it, it says that "the product may not be similar which is being shown above". I said where does it say that? I didnt see it anywhere when i was purchasing it. She failed to show me where it is. This business lie to their customers to get their money. they do not care about their customer as long as they get the business. I even chatted with the agent online and they said YES to product being the same and mattresses meeting the description. I am in process of getting my refund. I will try and try until I get my money back. I will even file th small claim. I will not let these people take out money just like that. But I am here to warn the future buyer to be very aware when you buy from this company. DO NOT i repeat DO NOT but anything from them, they will take your money on one hand and deliver some cheap mattresses which sags when its is brand new. If i could stop even one person buying from them that would be really meaningful. At least, that person will be saved from this fraud company and will be saved from more headaches, extensive waiting period, more talking to different agents, and ohhh repeating the situation 1000 times. Peace!

Jo

Comments

• Ca
      23rd of May, 2011

Thank you for sharing your concern(s). We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me at csable@sleepys.com and include your invoice number and/or customer code and a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you.