1800Flowers / rip off

United States Review updated:
I sent flowers to a sick employee on may 23, 2008 and they charged me 11.99 for a membership to livewell since june 2008. I did not realize this recurring charge because I failed to review my statement carefully. Thankfully american express removed the charges from aug, sept, and oct.

After reading all the comments, it seems like I will have to fight with live well/1-800-flowers to get my money back. I did not know I would be charged 11.99 a month just for ordering flowers online from this company. I only signed up for the free rewards program and receipt of promotions. Beware!!! It's better to support your local florist without going through the drama!
Va

Comments

Va
  30th of Sep, 2008
Just flowers and 1800 flowers do not know what they are doing. They take your money and call another florist for you. Next time I need flowers I will go straight to my florist. These people are just a call center! What a rip off! When I sent flowers to my sister for her birthday I called 1 800 flowers and after I seen the arrangement I was mortified. I spend $100 and it looked like $10. After researching I found out 1800 took a lot of fees out of the money intended for flowers and it was not made clear, also the lady i spoke with was clueless. I had trouble understanding every word. After that I said I wouldn't use them again and tried a place out of the phone book called just flowers, well they are a call center too so I decided to just call my local florist... it was much easier.
Ch
  22nd of Nov, 2008
what people dont is that 1800flowers is manage by costa ricans in costa rica and there organization is terrible and some of the agent dont know how to speak englis???
Re
  15th of Feb, 2009
I wish I would have read these comments before ordering my valentines day gifts from 1800flowers. They are now telling me that my valentines day gift will be delivered on the 17th of February. I should have stuck to my local florist and FTD.
El
  1st of Jan, 2011
Anyone in this situation should call Freed & Weiss to join a building class action against the company behind this scam. (It's pretty easy, just call them and tell them your story).

Trilegiant is the company behind this abuse. They use bogus marketing tactics to get people to unknowingly sign up for memberships and then people are charged every month, again and again.

Call Freed & Weiss! Toll free: 866.799.9610. They need to hear from you so that they can move the class action forward and put a stop to this terrible customer abuse.

Email: info@freedweiss.com

(Tactics include pop-up windows during checkout at another site, text messages with fake gift certificates, bogus checks in the mail, and automated recordings when you pay a bill via phone).

Email: info@freedweiss.com
Re
  25th of Feb, 2011
I ordered a Sympathy Dish Garden" on Monday Feb 7th, 2011 from 1800flowers.com for my nephews girlfriend's fathers funeral to be delivered on Sunday Feb 13, 2011 to the Funeral Parlor in Pompano Beach Florida. All info regarding the service ( Parlor address, family name, phone number, etc) had been given. My nephew called me from the service on Feb 13, 2011 and said the dish garden had never arrived. I called 180flowers.com and spoke to a representative who told me 2 different versions. The first was that the florist could not deliver them - with no reason given WHY. The rep said there was no information as to why.The second version from the same rep saidwas that the dish garden was delivered after the service was over. I was very upset and dissatisfied as this was so important as the deceased's daughter is just 20 years old and dealing with a sudden loss of her father and a funeral the day before Valentines day. I explained this to the representative. Then the rep was quickly wanting to give me a full reimbursment, but I wanted the order to be delivered the next day ( Valentines Day - the day after the service ) to their home. The rep said that it was going to be a busy day as it was Valentines Day and was preceeding to tell me that she could not assure delivery. I immediately said, " I do not care how many Valentine deliveries they had...that they should without a doubt make this delivery a priority." She said that she would have to contact "someone" and for me to call back when I got the home address for the deceased's family in order to send it. I got the address, phone etc from my nephew and called back and got a new representative who again looked up the information via my order number. This representative told me that the florist that they placed the order with did not deliver to funeral parlors. Now, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out upon 1800flowers.com placing a order with one of their contracted florists as they said " sympathy dish garden" . I placed my order 6 days in advance! What a load of crap! Can you belive that this came out of the representatives mouth? What a rip off. The second rep said that she would call me back after contacting "a florist" regarding delivering the sympathy dish garden on Valentines Day. She finally called me back and said the florist would deliver the order between 9 am and 7 pm Feb 14th 2011. I asked the rep to contact the florist again and to ensure that if by chance someone could not get to the door for any reason ( ie, in bathroom, in shower ) that the rep leave it on their front door step or with a neighbor...that I postively did not want a note left to say they had stopped but no one answered and to call for re-delivery) I said to the rep that if they did not delivery or left a note, the next step would be for me to get an attorney on this issue. I called my nephew back after my last conversation with 1800flowers.com and explained the conversation I had with them. I asked him to let me know if the sympathy dish garden gets delivered today.

This is the first time I have used 1800flowers.com and it will certainly be my LAST!

I had to explain all of this to my nephew and with a deep apology from our family to his girlfriend and her family. What a horribly unacceptable business this 1800flowers.com is. Is there no justice to be had with these rip off artists?

I would STRONGLY advise that NO ONE USE THIS HORRIBLE FLORAL SERVICE!

1-800-Flowers.com Logo 1-800-Flowers.com