1-800-Flowers.com / misrepresentation & lies!

Failed to Deliver Flowers as instructed; in fact they didn't even check that the local store that was to deliver was open, we found that out from a second representative after the first representative said the flowers would be delivered by 7 pm (which was a complete lie)... by that time we could not go out and get the flower ourselves.. this is the second time this has happened... this time was worse given the misrepresentation (lie)!

A  16th of Feb, 2007 by
On February 12th I called 1-800-FLOWERS to purchase a half dozen roses, a bear and a box of chocolates for my girlfriend in Alaska.

I placed the order, paid $100.64 for it and everything seemed to be going fine. Valentine's Day came and the gifts were not delivered. 1-800-FLOWERS called my girlfriend the evening of the 14th to inform her, instead of calling me, that the florist had gotten her phone number wrong and that was why her flowers had not been delivered. The representative stated that the delivery would arrive shortly. February 15th came. Still no delivery. I called 1-800-FLOWERS, once again, to find out why the hell her flowers had not been delivered. They told me that it was the fault of the florist and that they would check into it and call me back. I never received a phone call. Her flowers were delivered at almost noon on the 15th. Now, every time I call them no one will even speak to me and their automated service is designed to hang up on you if all of their customer service representatives are busy. I am very dissatisfied with the service that was provided to me. 1-800-FLOWERS is not the type of company that I would ever recommend. It wouldn't have been so bad if they would only have talked to me about the mistake. It was, however, their mistake.
N  16th of Feb, 2007 by
My Husband ordered me flowers for Valentines Day. After taxes and delivery costs it ran him about 140 dollars. They carelessly made many mistakes from the beginning and still have not fixed the issue. Firstly, 2 days before Valentines day I received a call at our home and when I answered the party asked for my husband, I said "He's in the shower, may I take a message" they said sure please tell him the 800 Flowers has called. So, there went my surprise, well this is no biggie compared to the arrival of the flowers. When the flowers arrived they looked horrible, they were DEAD! I felt so sad but angry that my husband spend this amount of money on dead flowers. So I called them and surprisingly the representative was very apologetic and promised to send another arrangement at no cost and a 25% refund and promised they would be at my doorstep no later the next day or day after. Well 2 days later and still no flowers. Now when I call there isn't one representative that will even apologize, every representative that I've spoken to says "all we can do is put in another request for redelivery". Not even an apology??!! What kind of company does this, I have never been treated so rudely in all my life. We will make sure to never use their services again, and I will make certain that everyone I know is well informed of their horrible customer service and poor quality of flowers.
A  9th of Sep, 2007 by
For my birthday my boyfriend spent $85 dollars at 1800Flowers.com and they looked like a blind 2 year old put the arrangement together in a butt ugly dollar store vase. There was no creative effort. They died within 2 days. Therefore I tend to believe they were not fresh. For $85 dollars go to your nearest grocery store pick out a beautiful vase, fresh flowers and you'll have a beautiful gift and money left over to go out to dinner. I complained to them they claimed that they had never received a complaint before and offered only 20% off my NEXT purchase. Do they think we are fools and purchase from them again? Instead I plan to spread the word how much of a rip off they are because I feel that they no effort to make this right. Since then I heard of other complaints. BEWARE DO NOT USE 1800FLOWERS.COM!!!
N  24th of Jul, 2008 by
Ordered get well flowers for my granddaughter. I ordered 6 peach or white roses w/a bear and two baloons. Rcvd a call that they could not do balloons but would substitute a few more roses instead.
My granddaughter rcvd. 6 yellow roses, no balloons and no bear. Small version of picture and charged $87.00. Again, charged my card immediately and has made no adjustments to the price to my credit card.

Very inconsiderate and poor business.
A  10th of Dec, 2009 by
My wife just ordered TWO arrangements from this company. At first, I questioned why they charged so much for delivery, as that was typically built into the price of local florists. THEN, we get notices that they sent them by UPS! So, rather than receiving an arrangement that is all fluffed out, and handled at appropriate temperatures as expected from a florist, the recipients got packages that could have been sent from a factory in China. What a rip off!

1-800-Flowers.com Logo 1-800-Flowers.com