Commonwealth Bank — Sudden bank fees
Did you remember to read the fine print when you signed up for a bank account because I didn't really take much notice. I signed up for a bank account thinking that they were great because they had no fees... But apparantly the bank was only being nice to me because I had a home loan with them.
When I moved my homeloan to another bank they started charging monthly fees on all of our accounts in my name and my husbands...
The funny thing is that we have had two of the accounts with the commonwealth bank longer than we had the home loan... Probably around 20 years ago...
So when I rang up to complain they just said "bad luck" and that I should have read the fine print!!! I only went to check on the account because I didn't want to get overdrawn because there was a paypal fee coming out..
I would have at least appreciated a warning letter, that after 20 years on two accounts and 1 year on the other, that now I was going to be charged fees??
I am disgusted for the second time with the Commonwealth bank (first time was trying to move my homeloan).
03/09/2008 O'DRAWING APPR'L FEE $30.00 $52.15 DR
02/09/2008 PAYPAL AUSTRALIA $6.99 $22.15 DR
01/09/2008 PREV MONTH ACCT FEE $6.00 $15.16 DR
01/09/2008 DEBIT INT TO 28 AUG $0.11 $9.16 DR
01/08/2008 PREV MONTH ACCT FEE $6.00 $9.05 DR
01/08/2008 PAYPAL AUSTRALIA $6.99 $3.05 DR
01/07/2008 PREV MONTH ACCT FEE $6.00 $3.94 CR
01/07/2008 Interest earned on this account $0.05
02/06/2008 PREV MONTH ACCT FEE $6.00 $9.94 CR
More Commonwealth Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Commonwealth Bank - Closed bank account without notice
- Commonwealth Bank - Commonwealth are the worst bank I have ever been with
- Commonwealth Bank - House Valuation
- Commonwealth Bank - insurance
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia - Beware: scam!
- Bankwest - international money transfer
- Bankwest / Commonwealth Bank Of Australia - extremely poor customer service manners
- Bankwest - Bad experience
- Bankwest - Ref: loan acc: 302-985 / 0400121