Menu

complaints

Comenity Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
216 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Comenity at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Comenity has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Comenity. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Comenity complaints 217

Sort by:

Newest Comenity complaints

B
2:10 pm EST

Comenity They owe me a credit

Closed my account May 23. Had a credit of &98.64. Check was returned. Had a legal copy and deposited that. Returned again. They insist it was cashed. Even with my bank account records showing the check was taken out of my account they still have ny money. Phone calls useles. Written disputes unsuccessful and dispute dept does not use phones

They are greedy and do not communicate

Claimed loss: $98.65

Desired outcome: $98.65 to me

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Comenity representatives only. If you are affiliated with Comenity, please claim your business to access these details.

D
5:55 pm EST

Comenity Records

Greetings, my name is Kevin Haley and my wife & I purchased this house [2010 Delia Drive Clarksville Tn 37042] from Lisa Wilson-Dickey. We will have lived here March will be 4years. When we 1st got here she asked if any mail came here 2hold it 4her. fast-2ward 6 months we started sending it back to the post office. She has/had a friend working at the post office who would separate her mail and deliver it 2her. I have been to the post-office 2x complaining about this, I even emailed the postmaster general about this but nothing has changed. I don 't know what she's doing but this house is OURS we have nothing to do with Lisa. [I think she lives in Kentucky now]. Any questions please let me know why she still has mail coming here but I don't like this at all. It feels like she is doing something but I don't know what.. Our home phone number is [protected]. Please update your records. Thank-you

Mr. Kevin Haley

Desired outcome: Our name on our house not Lisa Wilson-Dickey

L
1:46 am EST

Comenity I tried four time changed my password/username with Women Within Comenity

I hate "Comenity" with any along with Women Within or Full Beauty, even with a new Dell Technology too (it is new)! I have an issue changing my password/username four times and still, it doesn't work. The Company of Comenity is a mess! My billing has been increased because of not make a payment due to the issued password and username. So I found an address for the Payment Center, P.O. Box 659728, San Antonio, TX [protected]. I (mailed) sent it a third time with a check, and it keeps returning back to my address with an unknown address. It is frustration. Plus I did send an email to Women Within about my problem, and I asked them to please send me a billing statement, and I never ever got a response from them. What more can I do? I am deaf, and I am on disability, and plus the Women Within keeps increasing payment because of the past three or four months of missed payments. I cannot contact Women Within online, and I cannot write to this company. What choice do I have? I am stuck!

Claimed loss: I have significant bills because of missed payments due to complex online with "Comenity Bank".

Desired outcome: It should never used by Comenity Bank because I feel it is scammed. I log in (I have kept my log-in book for many years), and still, it doesn't take it. These companies need to fix the website. I will never touch it. I do not trust it.

Is Comenity legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Comenity as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Comenity stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Comenity should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Comenity earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Comenity achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Comenity. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of Comenity's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Comenity.net has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Comenity website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Comenity.net has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Comenity as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

We looked up Comenity and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Comenity has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 217 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Comenity protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Comenity. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
K
10:07 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi I made my credit card off, then I had an interest payment for 2.00 and they sent me to collections without calling me, emailing me which is I know is illegial. I am disputing all credit marks and late fees on my account. Comenity Capital Bank never called me.. Comenity Capital Bank did not follow FDCPA rules by contacting me about the delinquency as I...

C
8:18 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received an email from Dell Credit regarding Comenity Bank is taking over and I also received an email the steps to follow. Oct. 10th I contacted Comenity Bank because my payment is due on the 17th of every month. I was told they could not locate my account. In my email I clicked the link to register and put in the information that was requested and again...

G
2:06 pm EST

Comenity Bill paying

We pay our bills thru and online bank account. We always pay at least 2 wks in advance. Our aaa credit card thru Comenity Bank has always been a problem twice in the past year they failed to credit our account and charged us late fees both times we sent them copies of our cancelled checks and it was then credited back to our account . I complained to AAA and they said they there had many other AAA members that paid thru online bank paying have been having the same issue. And Comenity bank has ruined our credit rating.

Claimed loss: I just want my reputation back.

Desired outcome: Comenity Bank contact Experian Credit and withdraw their false information`. C

K
1:17 pm EST

Comenity credit card loaded with $5000. deceptive practice

we got had by people that work on your behalf in Las Vegas. all underdress. we were told its not a time share, it is most definitely is a time share. We tried to cancel but they never answerd their phone calls . numerous emails, left messages, were all ignored. and phone number they gave us is disconnected. i feel maybe you should look into this. it's nothing you did rest assured of that. I find they were not professional at all. they talked about all the prisons he was in and seemed to be proud of being a gang member and the guns he owns. The whole ordeal just gave us an uneasy feeling. I sure hope you can help us we can't afford to have my credit harmed for this Thank you in advance

respectfully submitted, Kevin Donahue & Kathleen Rock

928.486.2526 928.486.4188

11:56 pm EST

Comenity Billing practices

I paid this account in full in March of 2023 I returned a bit late from a trip when I did my last payment. The automated system for their pay by phone did not indicate that I was late. I received a bill in May with 2 late fees I called them and I told them to close the account. They continued to add a late fee after late fee and interest on top of the late fee. I have had the worst experience with this bank. The thing is I did not have a balance and their unfair practices have ruined my credit.

Claimed loss: Negative adverse credit rating dropped from 700's to 630

Desired outcome: For this charge off to be removed from my credit report

N
4:39 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have seen many complaints regarding this. Recently Dell switched their financial accounts to Comenity bank it was an utter and complete mess! I got one notice in the mail with less than 30 days notice of the switch with no information on how that was going to roll out. I finally got a paper bill in the mail stating I was a month late and they applied a...

M
3:33 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Comenity Capital bank recently took over Dell Preferred Credit accounts. The account transfer process is a fiasco. Comenity sent new account numbers via USPS but, for many of us, the mail never showed up before payments were due and the not yet receive account number is needed to sign up for online access. To infuriate customers even further Comenity sent...

Read full review of Comenity and 3 comments
R
7:52 am EDT

Comenity Access to make payments online

With both my Lane Bryant account and Academy account, I can never get access to make my payment online. I start fighting your website 2-3 days before my payment is due and end up paying on the day it is due.

My bank takes it out the next day and you charge me a late fee.

This is the poorest excuse of customer service I have experienced. This has been going on for several months and I have not seen any improvement.

It is hard to pay off my comenity accounts and cut my credit cards so I don't have to deal with this frustration, when you keep adding fraudulent charges to my accounts.

Desired outcome: I would like a response and an explaination as to how and when this problem will be corrected. I would also like to discuss the extra charges on my accounts and have them removed.

M
2:37 am EDT

Comenity NFL points credit card

Per the agreement of signing up with the card they offer a $100 statement credit if you spend $500 within the first 90 days on items outside of the NFL and then they are suppose to issue you the $100 after 90 days and its been 7 months and I still have nothing! I call every week and its the same story we are working on it and we are sorry. You owe me the statement credit as I did my part per the agreement. AWFUL CARD

Desired outcome: I want the $100 and I also want some sort of compensation for every month you have not given me the statement credit

Read full review of Comenity and 1 comment
1 comment
Jaylo O
, US
Sep 19, 2023 12:54 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I'm having a problem with getting my Rewards Points. I used my card to pay for my season tickets this past May, but they have never given me the Rewards Points that I earned with that purchase. I was given the run-around for the delay initially--they said I had to go through two billing cycles before that could give me the points--but that never happened. I send messages to them constantly, but I keep getting the same response. I filed the "grievance" but that gives them 120 days to come to a decision. It's been 60 days already. By the time they come to a decision the balance on my account will be paid off, and I won't have anything left to put those rewards points towards. I'll have to use the card. I don't really want to ever do that again. I used it initially to let me spread out the payments for my tickets, but I wanted a little off of my balance with the rewards points--it would have saved me about $150. No a lot, but something. I will never use this card again to pay for my season tickets. It's not worth all of the aggravation it has caused me. I would like to report them to someone, but I don't know who to report them to. Don't sign up for this card. Barclay did a far SUPERIOR job when they ran the show!

D
2:49 pm EDT

Comenity AAA Visa Card

When Comenity/ Bread Financial took over my credit card I did not receive a bill for months. I started receiving late notices and no bill. I would call them and they would tell me my payment was past due.

I finally received one bill a week after the late notice came. Since February I have not received any bills or late notices.

Now I see they have hit my credit claiming I am 90+ days late.

Desired outcome: I want them to remove any lates from my credit and I will pay them off and close the account. Worst customer service ever!

T
11:37 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Late summer of 2022, I received a letter from bank of America informing me that my AAA visa is switching from bank of America to comenity capital bank. Nothing would change and I would not lose my current rewards. I called bank of America to check on my rewards and they told me I had $681.56 that was near expiration and they sent that check. That check wa...

B
2:23 pm EDT

Comenity Boscovs credit card

Account reactivated to purchase shoes on sale. Reactivator did not verify address - we had moved. Paid the balance in FULL when bill was finally received after being forwarded by P.O. - 2 months later. Have had 3 late fees added while the check was being processed - not sure why. Have since made 11 calls to Comenity. 2 today and on transfer to a supervisor, who is the only one able to address late fees, I was cut off; requiring dialing back, entering all of the info again, listening to prompt options that do not apply. I AM QUITE DONE WITH THIS. I HAVE DONE MY DUE DILIGENCE and then some. PLEASE ERASE THE BALANCE, CLOSE THE ACCOUNT. I WILL NEVER SET FOOT INTO A BOSCOVS AGAIN! Account last 4 digits: 1410. Last 4 of SS 1695. Name: Bernice Harding, 29 Woodbrook Drive, Coatesville, PA 19320

Paid in full on receipt of bill on 6/2/2023 $151.05. Cleared my bank on 6/12. Balance was then $3.09. Now it is up to $45.09 AGAIN with the late fee. Supervisor on 7/24 told me it would be cleared out in 24 hours. Still getting BILLS. On the phone now with Kayla at Headquarters.

Desired outcome: Zero out the balance as promised on 7/24/23 by supervisor of $45.09. Account is already closed. DO NOT EVER SEND ME ANOTHER BILL.....EVER!!!!!

E
3:33 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Comenity Victoria secret card being closed for no valid reason

I dont use this card a whole lot. Probably only 2 or three times a year and always pay balance off early. I recieved a letter saying they were closing my account due to inactivity or my due to my credit score report. I messaged online to appeal the discion because I have 100 % payment ontime history for the past few years and have used my card responsibly . My account was still closed and I'm worried it's going to hurt my credit score that I've worked so hard to raise these past 8 years. This is just a terrible way to treat good customers.

Desired outcome: Credit reinstated so it doesn't hurt my score and if any negative remarks made the be removed

G
10:50 am EDT

Comenity Credit card was closed due to inactivity

To Whom It May Concern,

I am emailing this to you as I have been in contact with two representatives on July 29, 2023 & July 30, 2023) regarding the above matter. I have been informed that my card cannot be reactivated. I'm very upset as I was told by one of your representatives, Zach, that two letters prior to the third and final letter closing my account would have been sent by mail. I did not receive either of those two letters. I only received the third and final letter. Hence, Zach sent an email to Christina, who is one of your supervisors, and the response I was given today, July 30, 2023, as I called in again since I did not hear back from Christina was that she is unable to reactivate my card ending in 0153 due to inactivity. My card expires on May, 2026. This now is going to cause a negative remark on my credit bureau which I am not happy about. I have been a customer of Zales for many years! If I would have received the other two letters, I would have called immediately, just like I did yesterday (Saturday, July 29, 2023) receiving a letter to close my account, or I would have made a purchase with my card. I want to stay with Zales, but should not have to reapply for another card which, hence, will also pull on my credit rating. Please reopen my account so I am not inconvenienced any further or sustain a negative rating on my credit bureau as those numbers are imperative to a person which defines the responsibility of an individual, and when things like this show a negative impact, it impacts a lot to the future of an individual (i.e. employment, home, car, insurance, etc.). I should not be punished for this as a result of not receiving two other letters.

Thank you for your time and consideration with regard to this matter.

Sincerely,

Susan L. Katana

[protected]

Desired outcome: Please reopen my account for the issues mentioned and personal credibility.

T
6:26 pm EDT

Comenity False charging

I pay by y debit card each month, from my primary checking account. Today I received a letter from Comenity Full Beauty stating that my last 2 payments were "returned" by the bank, and that my account is now frozen. I also was charged with returned payment fees.

I have been poring through my bank statements, and I am unable to find any place where my payments were returned. The money was available in my bank, and appears to have been paid out on the date I made the payments.

When I called to speak with someone at Comenity, I was barely able to understand what they were saying, and she seemed to not understand what I was telling her either. I was so frustrated by the end of the call that I just made the amount due payment and decided to speak with my bank tomorrow about the issue.

I can say that I will be closing ALL accounts that deal with Comenity ASAP!

I feel like this is some sort of scheme being used to bilk money out of people, even GOOD customers!

Desired outcome: Refund the "returned payment" fees that have been charged to my account, and undo the damage to my credit score that this will undoubtedly cause!!Oh, and apologize......

L
11:14 am EDT

Comenity Zero percent promotion

I purchased some furniture from Big Lots 2 years ago for $2,500. They offered zero percent financing for 2 years. I set up automatic payments on Comenity's website of $100 per month. All of my payments were made on time.

Apparently I made a mistake about when my last payment was due. I had a balance remaining of $100 to pay it in full at the time of this complaint.

When I saw that my statement balance had increased by $1,272 I immediately went to the website to see what wrong. I thought perhaps my card had been compromised. When I looked at the most recent statement (I signed up for paperless statements) I realized that the sudden balance increase was deferred interest.

I immediately called Comenity to pay the remaining $100 and have the huge interest charge reversed. They refused. They told me my June statement contained a notice that the promotion period would end next month (July).

I have no reason to look at my paperless statements because I always make my payments on time.

Although I received a typical monthly email notice stating when my next payment was due, I never received any notification that the promotion period was coming to an end.

I admit I miscalculated the pay off period . I rectified it as soon as I realized the mistake.

As an aside, I was also hospitalized with serious heart issues around the time the June statement was issued. I was unable to keep up with my usual focus financial duties even though all of my monthly bills are paid automatically.

The deferred interest charge is almost 50% which is outrageous. It's as though they lied in wait like a predator waiting to pounce. They should have sent an email warning that the promotion period was ending in addition to the notice on the paperless statement.

Desired outcome: Reverse the interest charge of $1,272.30.

S
9:31 am EDT

Comenity Comenity Bank Payment not Applied

Maurices/Comenity misapplied my payment and refuses to credit my account. Payment mailed April 11, 2023 (paper check) Payment cleared my bank 4/21/23 (credit card company processed without returning the check to the bank) When the May 2023 statement appeared with the unpaid amount I contacted Maurices via phone (call reference 2582). 5/10/23 received letter from Maurices/Comenity that they received my claim and were researching. 5/29/23 received letter from Maurices/Comenity they need more information 6/7/23 I provided Maurices/Comenity a) screen shot from my bank statement showing payment to them cleared 4/21/23 b) US Bank Trace ID for the transaction c) US Bank Transaction code (sent via their on line) secured message system 6/8/23 received acknowledgement from Maurices/Comenity of the submitted documents via their secured message system.

Desired outcome: Credit my account in full, remove any late fees, correct any negative reports to credit reporting agencies and a written apology.

Overview of Comenity customer experience

Comenity, a well-established provider of branded credit cards, has faced certain criticisms, according to the complaints posted on our platform. A frequently mentioned issue among complainants pertains to Comenity's billing practices. Some customers have expressed dissatisfaction, alleging unexpected charges and unclear billing statements. In particular, concerns have been raised over late fees applied to payments that customers assert were made on time.

Another area that receives a share of criticism is Comenity's customer service. Certain users have expressed frustration with their experiences interacting with customer service representatives. These complaints often revolve around perceived lack of clarity or misunderstandings in communication, and in some instances, complainants have cited difficulties in reaching a resolution to their issues.

Some complaints have also touched on credit reporting practices. A few customers have reported adverse effects on their credit scores due to misinformation or errors allegedly made by Comenity. These instances typically involve the reporting of late payments or the status of account balances.

However, it's crucial to note that Comenity demonstrates a commitment to resolving customer complaints. The company has a dispute resolution process in place and has been known to take proactive steps to investigate reported issues and rectify any verified mistakes.

Additionally, Comenity is known to actively work on improving their processes based on customer feedback. Efforts to streamline communication and enhance the clarity of their billing processes are examples of the company's dedication to continuous improvement.

In conclusion, while Comenity has faced criticism over billing, customer service, and credit reporting practices, the company makes considerable efforts to address and resolve consumer complaints. The firm's commitment to their customers and dedication to refining their processes indicate an ongoing effort to enhance customer satisfaction.