Comcastscam and fraud

In October I switched to Comcast business high speed internet, and also changed my telephone from QWest to Comcast, bundled with cable television service. I had paid three months ahead so as not to have to bother with details during my busy retail season. Nevertheless, I got two letters (to my residential address rather than my billing address - I still haven't received any physical bills re the new service!)claiming I owed Comcast money. On both occasions I telephoned Comcast to clear up the misunderstanding, and was told not to worry about it as I had a credit balance. They said they had issued me a new account number with the change in service, but had forgotten to switch over the money that I had on credit, which they would now do. I also verified on the Internet that there was a credit on my account. This morning I woke up with no Internet. It took three hours of my time and three hours of my technical adviser's time on the phone with several departments of Comcast to try to get the matter resolved. Basically, they have allocated my telephone and cable television services to their residential section, and the high speed internet to their business section, but have been continuing to bill me for residential internet on the old account number. None of their departments cooperates with the other departments. They refuse to consolidate my services on to one bill, which was one of the reasons for dealing with one provider for all three services. Even though Comcast had notified QWest of the change in phone numbers, Comcast still had my old QWest phone number listed in its records; its website refused to change it. If I phone Comcast to check what is owing, I now have to give the new telephone number for the old residential account and the old (defunct) residential telephone number for the new business account. I have to log into Comcast under two different user names to check my bills, and have to erase old cookies every time to make this work. Comcast claimed it would credit me for the two months of residential internet it should not have charged me for; according to their math a pre-existing $62 credit from my payment ahead plus a $60 or so credit for two months of residential internet that I had cancelled equals $2. Go figure. And I'm supposed to "trust" them??? The "customer service" people claim I didn't tell them to disconnect the residential internet service, even though they charged me for connecting the new service. I do not have the energy to tackle getting my online bill payment service to handle two different customer numbers from the same provider. That'll likely take another four hours. Overall, the two bills together will be higher than I was told the "bundle" of three services would be. I haven't even had the heart to tackle Comcast on the question of the phones not working when it rains, which is pretty often here in Eugene. I wonder if the confusion in billing in deliberate. They give a 30-day guarantee, but you can't even find out what you owe within the thirty days. Perhaps there's a special part of Hatlo's Inferno reserved for Comcast executives.

marilyn scates Sep 15, 2016

I was i a customer of bright house cable and now comcast ...I moved away from pinellas county over a year ago and canceled the internet service but on 07-11-2016 they went into my checking acct.And took # 70.18 with out my permission .Just because they have my acct.# on auto pay, no other respectful corporation ever done anything like this act of scam only comcast is able to do such despicable act, and now they are making so many excuses not to return my money

Dionage Jun 03, 2016

I received the promotional ad in the mail to upgrade to the xfinity triple play a couple of months ago, I called and accepted the offer the date was set, and I was given my new phone number, and was very anxious to get all of the new upgrades and a home phone. The day of the installation i waited and no one ever arrived when I called I could not get an answer as to where the technician was and what time he would arrive, I had to leave to go to work i continued to call and inquire with no resolution, they said they would issue my 20 dollar credit and that I would be contacted later that evening to reschedule my appointment for the next day at my convenience but I was never contacted.

The next day I began calling that morning, I repeatedly asked to speak to a supervisor, but was always told that they had to notify a supervisor and that one would call me, this happened at least 3 to 4 times that day, still no call and also no appointment was scheduled. The next day I started calling again I never recieved my credit and have yet to talk to anyone COMCAST CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!

• At
    Attrocios Jun 03, 2016

I have serious problem with the way their customer service is handled. I had always heard rumors about how crappy their customer service and just service in general is but I didn't believe it till now. How can they still be in business especially in this economy. I attempted to call customer service and the gentleman was no help at all nor would he transfer me to a manager when I asked. I received my first bill and well I'll just list the many issues I have with it:

1. I was quoted at $114.00 a month which included 3 boxes all with on demand and one with dvr. I only have two boxes, because they service tech forgot a box, 1 dvr 1 not and my bill came to $114.00, how is this possible. Can you have an infinite number of boxes for the same monthly price? The gentleman on the phone told me I had an HD box (which I never wanted or requested) and that it was more money. Then told me I WOULD need to drive it myself and exchange it out to get it fixed.

2. When I made my installation appointment I was told they would come Jan.2, I called Jan.2 after not receiving any sort of confirmation and to see if I could also request a router and modem. I was then told NO my appointment was Jan.6th but yes I could have a router and a modem. After dealing with a manager named Penny about the date screw up on their side for about 3 days, I was told I would get a $60.00 credit for the trouble. My bill only shows a $20.00 credit. Then the man showed up for the appointment with no router. So I have not had wireless internet at all!

3.I was also told when I called to set up my appointment that they would be able to install cable into a room even if it didn’t have a cable outlet. On the date of my appointment I was told no that is not possible I don't have a technician with me. When I called to make my second apt. so that a technician could come I was then told no, they don't do that anymore.

In the two weeks that I have had Comcast I have already had to call you guys twice for technical service issues regarding my HBO then for the On demand.

• Gr
    gregcouto Aug 17, 2015

On August 7, 2015 I called Comcast to obtain new service. I found an advertisement on their web site stating I could get the Double Play package with 150 Mbps Internet and 220 TV Channels for $89.99 per month. I signed up for this deal on-line then received an email telling me I had to call them to confirm my order. I called within 2 hours of placing my order. The first person I spoke to was clueless and they transferred me to another person. As I was speaking to the second person I received a 2nd email telling me my order has been cancelled. I informed the lady that I just received a cancellation email so she took all of my information then informed me that the $89.99 deal did not include the 150 Mbps Internet service but it included the 20 Mbps service. She asked me to upgrade to the faster package which I reluctantly did. She told me that someone would be in touch concerning my order and should call within the next 72 hours. On Monday, August 10, 2015 I had not received a call so I called them again about 6 pm. I explained the situation to the gentleman and he informed me that the 72 hours had not yet passed and I had to call back the following day. I called them again on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 and they connected me to the activation department. They were unable to activate my account because the service was disconnected on the service pole requiring a service technician. The person told me he would get the service scheduled and they would call me back to schedule a time. On Saturday, August 15, 2015 I still had not received a call so I called Comcast again at 10 am. The person was polite and told me they could have someone come to my home on Sunday morning between 7 am and 9 am. The technician showed up and connected my service and activated my Internet service on Sunday, August 16, 2015. He was very polite but I refused the TV service at that time. I called Comcast to change my order and drop the TV service and only take the Internet service but they were unable to help on Sunday and asked me to call on Monday. On Monday, August 17, 2015 I called Comcast at 9:30 am. I spoke to a lady and explained I no longer wanted the TV service. She informed me the Internet service I requested was now $20 more than the on-line price was advertising. I again reluctantly agreed to the increased price for the 150 Mbps Internet service. Each time I called Comcast the prices changed when the on-line prices did not. Their advertisements on their web site are misleading and / or completely untrue and this kind of information needs to be corrected or honored with their customers. Their customer service people are polite but incompetent. My new service should not have been this difficult. As a result I decided to opt for the 53 local channels that I am able to get over the air instead of having cable television.

Comments

• Carlton G. Long May 30, 2015

Your credit score is currenty 465, "donald walguarnery" and it isn't because of Comcast. Be a man and pay your bills.

• Do
    donald walguarnery May 30, 2015

The company and larry the salesmen said satisfaction guarented.I wasn't satisfised and told them not to bury cable.Company said zero balance.Then they gave to collection agency.I refused to pay.They put it on my credit report.

MandyShea May 17, 2015

I upgraded my Verizon phone via a Comcast offer in November. There were NO other terms EVER mentioned to me. I paid the $200 for my phone & was told I would receive my $200 Visa gift card within 4-8 weeks.

First excuses were the holidays were the hold up... REPEATEDLY! Mind you, I tried checking the status online, but it never came up.

Then I was told there was a card sent, & because I never received it, they had to verify it hadn't been used. Surprise, it hadn't. This rep did mention there was a hold up of 3 months due to eligibility requirements of having to pay your bill on time every month for 3 months; which I had. Then the rep credited my Comcast account for $79.99 for the trouble of having to wait another 21 days when I threatened to cancel my Comcast services.

Tonight, when I checked on the status, I was told I didn't meet some eligibility requirements. WHAT!?! REALLY?!? HOW?!? NOW?!?

I will be following up w/Comcast Rebate Department on my lunch & driving 30 miles to my nearest local Comcast office soon as I'm off.

• Ri
    rippedoffalways Nov 08, 2014

I agree with everything said here about Comcast. Guess what? There is NOTHING you can do about it. Why? Because big shots like Comcast and others lobby the Republicans in congress and the senate, not to mention appointed judges by the same, to pass laws and make rulings against the consumer and protect the big companies. Comcast has a monoply and the government lets them have it. What more do you need to know? Remember when one time the customer was always right? Now the customer is always WRONG and NEVER right. Comcast used false advertising of a visa gift card as a come-on to sign up for the triple play package with a 2 year commitment. I've kept my part of the deal. Comcast reneged on their part. What contract? It seems like only Comcast can break it and do whatever they want because nobody is going to do anything to them. They have too much money and just buy all the politicians off to get favorable laws passed to protect them. There is NOTHING you can do but STOP dealing with them. They don't even care if you do that. They have so many customers anyway, who are you? NOBODY. Thank you.

• Al
    alex boyle Oct 08, 2014

I am convinced that the Comcast cable and internet customer service dept has been hacked by their compeditors and is being purposely run into the groud. I cant even begin to explain. So sad that humans can treat each other the way i have been these last two days of my life.

• Ju
    Judi U May 23, 2014

I wish I could say one nice thing about Comcast but if I did it would be a lie! They are the worst we previously had Verizon and loved them...now we don't have the option all we can get is comcast. A few months ago we and our neighbors were having problems with all three of our "bundles" when I called for service I was told "if enough people call we MIGHT come by and check" ...8 months a car hit there box after a minimum of 10 calls no one has come to check the box. When we started with them our bill was $130 today's bill (2yrs later) it is $188...and the service is horrible. I could go on and on but seems like everyone knows.

• Me
    Melinda Atsavinh Apr 15, 2014

I had Comcast years ago and paid them off in full now 4 years later I get a notice from a creditor saying I owe $125.00 I told him that I paid off the account when I moved he said I paid $128.90 I told him why would I pay $128.90 and not pay the difference he said I don't know but I need to pay this. I told him I am not paying what a SCAM no bills to me and he can not even send me an itemized bill there should be some law against this. I went into the office when I moved and paid my balance so how after 4 years can I owe more?
    What a joke. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY YOU WILL REGRET IT. I am sure I paid what they told me I owed I am so pissed right now I would love to sue them. Possibly will if I don't get an itemized bill.

• Ed
    edbucci Jan 13, 2014

Comcast is a scam, the older customers like my father, comcast keeps upping their bill but won't give him any good rates like new customers get, but what they don't say is you are suppose to call them and see what kind of deal you can get or cancel your account and call back up to set up a new account. The older generation doesn't even think to do this or even know. So new customers is comcasts focus. Well I now have the luxury of dealing with them for my own needs and since I live in PHILLY they are the monopoly here when it comes to cable internet and tv. The fees are rediculous but one fee I noticed was $9.95 for something called "HD technology fee" it is listed with my HD box that they are also charging me another $9.95 for. This is complete bull, because my father has 3 HD boxes and he is not charged this HD technology fee technology bull. I contacted comcast to get the run around which they think their customers are idiots apparently. Comcast is evil and greedy corporation that doesn't care one bit about their customers, especially the fixed income/poorer ones, who just want the basics. When I had my service installed back in Sept. they did a half ### installation and were suppose to come back out the next day. Well nothing then they said in 2 days someone will be out, took off from work that day, and nothing so I was furious I missed a day of work for these ### to stick me with their broom stick. They did give me a whopping $20 credit cause the tech didn't come in his window time frame (but that still doesn't make up the pay lost for the day off), that was all they did for me. They even kept telling me as I called every hour to see if the tech was coming out and up until 9pm was told every time yes they will be there, well 9pm comes no one and then they tell me I have to set up another appointment. that was another 2 days away. This type of crap shows that this company is poorly run and doesn't care as long as they get there money and are in the business to rip people off. I also paid an install fee which was wrong for all this bull they put me through for a simple set up I could have done personally but they wouldn't let me cause I live in an apartment building said the evil sheep on the other end of the line, when I could of went down the road to the comcast point and picked up the equipment myself. Well after almost a week and they finally fixed everything and gave us the additional box we were already being charged for since day 1, that the original tech didn't have in his truck. Plus during this time, I missed 5 days of online classes because of their incompetence (no internet access). Like I said if you can avoid this evil company do so. BE WARNED this company is a joke and will scam the crap outta you before you have enough time to figure out how and how much they took you for. And I have the phone calls all recorded, emails and paper work to show how this company operates and treated me as a new customer. I'm glad I didn't sign any papers like their contracts they are now trying to get people into so I can actually leave whenever. But can't because I live in PHILLY, PA and their is no alternate fast internet verizon is still DSL, as only the rich areas have access to FIOS.

Robert Branner Jan 07, 2014

Called for internet service. Wanted me to switch phone from Verizon. Someone logged in wrong info for internet so TV cable would not work. They said telephone service change over no problem. Well we have been without phone service for two weeks. What a screwed up company

• Te
    terry browning Nov 25, 2013

I wont go into details. 25 yras of rotten service.
    people, I have a name jf was given to me by an unhappu (very) employee
    steve white pres of Comcast California
    [email protected], net
    I have emailed him twice and naturally received no response which did not surprise me
    maybe if thousands of us email our complaints perhaps we could get someones attn.
    imagine people, a response from comcast

• Ga
    gazelder Oct 04, 2013

I made a mistake. I switched to Comcast. It has been two weeks since the ACTUAL install started and it is STILL not complete. Multiple tech and bad equipment. Promises that they would get it installed and then nothing. Call their support line because I enjoy being insulted by multiple people in multiple locations at various times. According the the person TODAY I've now talked to 30 people according to their records and she wanted to "apologize for my inconvenience." They all say that. They all can't get the problem resolved. One gave me the local office number- I told her that transfers the call to her number! What a system! Try to get touch with Tom Karinshak the SVP in charge of the Comcast Experience... that is harder than building your own rocket to go to the moon- it might actually me impossible. I don't think he exists. Comcast uses their support centers to abuse customers. Yeah, I made a big mistake. Don't use Comcast

• Ky
    kykykyky Aug 05, 2013

COMCAST AMAZON GIFT CARD SCAM.
    SCAM
    do NOT believe them, we have been waiting over 6 months nothing came in the mail. called over 6 times spoke to the senior manager, the sales reps, and whoever else they sent me to redirecting me. It has been a complete nightmare with them they have the worst customer service. I have read hundreds of other reviews stating they have been scammed as well on the gift card. It is only a trap to lure you in you will never get it.

• St
    staceyray Jun 12, 2013

Our instsller said all if our cable are bad...I do not think so. He said that after he cut my cables and didn't fix them and before he even checked the living room. He couldn't even do the ladder by himself so my husband helped him. After he left I called for a different person to come and install, they apologized and said someone would be there within the hour. They never called or showed so I called 3 more tomes and still no one called or showed. I have never in my life tried this hard to get service from someone, worst experience ever!!!

• Pa
    pathfinder677 May 28, 2013

Also going through the exact same thing. Contacted the Vice President of Operations of Comcast- that didnt mean squat. they just say someone else will contact you...run around!!! Contacted the FCC today, probably won't do any good tho.

• Re
    regina cabrera Nov 25, 2012

told me that i would receive visa card to change plan

• Tl
    tlgarner Oct 10, 2012

I have been through 4 dvr boxes, and have lost everything that I wanted to keep, such as my sister on the news. Customer service per[ople are rude and never want to fix the problem, takes them a week or more to get here, I am just sick to death of always swapping out boxes. They should have a chip that you can take out so you never lose things

• Vi
    Virginia Procter Jul 16, 2012

No service, I paid regardless. gave box back for 2 months no service, trying to charge me $300 for nothing, sent to you for collection, reference # - [protected], resent, don't owe them this paid them twice for nothing!!! Terrible company here in Florida, they should be sued or reported to BBB.

Chrs_68 Jun 27, 2012

From what I was told cable companies have contracts with each town, city, county and/or state which as a noncompete clause, so it is not that there is a lack of choice. Our elected officals are giving you no chance for more choices. Vios is grandfathered in as a telecommunication company as one way around this and AT&T is using wireless another way around.

Anyone working for a corporation might be affected by what is called micromanaging. Working in this setting creates a defensive position for which one is protecting themself over helping another.

Comcast is not a person or a object it is a system. A system which has flaws which noone on the phones can solve but only make adjustments for. Some the system works for and others it doesn't.

Everyone can answer to their own situation in their own way. Our feelings are something we deal with on our own and our choices change what we experience.

• Ka
    kasnj May 25, 2012

I am going through the same thing as well! I am one step away from contacting the BBB and contacting all of the Exeutives/Board of Directors of Comcast as well as NBC Universal and Citibank. Its outrageous!

• Wy
    wyliesdiesels May 18, 2012

Yes! Theyre horrible! They continued to charge me when my services were interupted and wouldnt credit me back! They told me i was paying for the signal coming into my house when in actuality i was paying for internet and cable that was interupted! The FCC should investigate! Im switching to ATT!

Robbare May 15, 2012

After getting the runaround now for 8 months I was basically told today that because I didn’t complete some phantom “form” or other process which I was never advised about and never received that I was ineligible for the $100.00 Visa gift card after signing up for triple play service online with Comcast in June 2011. I was never contacted, emailed or written to advise me of any problems either. I asked for a $100 credit on my bill but was denied that as well with supervisor Tyesha today. I see many, many complaints online now about this same scam and realize I’ve been duped. I will certainly never use Comcast again in the future!

I have been a customer for a couple of years now and I have paid my bills early or on time. I tried to explain to a couple of representives that my wallet had been stolen. I asked if they could make a payment arrangements and turn my service back on. They told me no and I am not satisfied with that answer because I’ve done what’s been asked of me as a customer but when I ask Comcast to be the provider I believed I was signing a contract with be it’s no.. I am beyond satisfied with your customer service. I am debating whether or not to stay with Comcast. I actually have two accounts with you a commercial and personal account. I hope there is someone who can resolve this problem.

Saplitude May 06, 2012

Comcast says they have to switch to digital due to fed regs, after two TV cable boxes, numerous calls and visits to their office I still only get half of the channels I’m supposed to. Strangely enough as soon as I hooked up one of their boxes to my TV my PC’s browser was hijacked to their website eventhough I don’t have them as a provider. They sent out a tech and he said my wireless was receiving an erroneous signal from someone nearby. To fix the TV signal they’d have to put in a new underground cable. Seems everyone in our area is having the same problems and I’m beginning to think Comcast is outright lying to it’s customers.

I’m about ready to hook my truck to the 200 ft of cable they have on my property and send it back to them. I just moved and I rented a coorporate apartment and it has been 24 days and after multiple phone calls from the apartment office and myself and still I have not heard back from Comcast and still without cable or internet. Moreover this past week I have been trying to talk to someone at your 800 number and noone picks up and the automated machine keeps repeating the same message over and over after a series of beeps. This is getting very frustrating to say the least. I can’t imagine any business becoming successful with this kind of custumor service!!!

• Ri
    Rilantio Apr 24, 2012

I am going to switch to SureWest, don’t know if it’s the best choice, but it is $100/mo cheaper than Comcast for the same stuff. The change will happen in a week. I never contacted Comcast about the change, but Surewest put in a request to take over the phone number. I talked with a Comcast Cust Svc Rep, and he told me I had to have a new access code, which he created and emailed to me. Then, without warning or explanation they shut me out of my email. I am still a paying customer.

I went through a chat session, since the gauntlet of “Press 1 for this” only gets you to someone who doesn’t speak english… but the chat person couldn’t help me without the code they emailed me and then shut off my account, so I couldn’t get it. After an hour, I was able to reset my password and get back into my email, only to find that the email confirmations from Surewest had been deleted from my email files, not in a folder or deleted files, just gone. I think that must be against the law. So, Comcast sucks.

Dillier Apr 18, 2012

I too was promised a gift card for signing up with comcast and never received it I was told to go to a web site and put my account number in and that does nothing, also told that I wasn’t signed up, , , I called three times and was told to wait three months and you would get it and never did. Emailed never got it. They give you the run around every time they offer you something and when you ask about certain channels we don’t offer that, .. I only paid ten more to be with verizon– going back.

Romalide Apr 16, 2012

Comcast service rep sold me the plan to buy triple service (phone, internet and cable) and promised for a gift card of $250 if I continue the service for 3 months. I haven't received it as promised and now even on following up with them no one listens. When i called them they said it is not showing any such thing in the records, i asked them to refer to the recording of the call they had with me. No success, continuously following up with, posting on their consumer forum but they don’t do anything. Just cheating.. cheating will never use comcast now.

I have been paying for HD Preferred Bundle for over two years. I have never had HD. My husband and I called several times, I finally got through to someone who listened three weeks ago. My old bills say HD Preferred Bundle at $174.74. My February bill says PRF XF TP $114.12. Is this to make up for all the years of paying for something I never received or should I go to Small Claims Court? I have always paid my bill on time and have been a customer of cable since the old Rollins days. I am a senior and don’t appreciate this overstated charge.

• Je
    JerryHH Apr 16, 2012

A year ago I was advised by Comcast phone rep that bundled service (internet, phone & CATV) would not change from $119.99 for two years provided I agreed to have automatice payment from cred card for such term. I just received bill raising rate to $134.99. Phone contact today said contract(?) was only for a year at which time it would increase and that there is a $90 charge to break such contract. I was not told any of this last year.

dirtymoneyman Apr 08, 2012

I cancelled Comcast. Their prices just get higher every year. It is not a good investment for my family's welfare funds.

• Ra
    rafaelmontilla Apr 08, 2012

Never trust any operators from comcast, each one tells you something different each time you call.
    They do any thin to take people money.
    After I paid my bill, comcast suspended my service twice, when I called, they wanted to charge me for reconnect my service, Charge me each time they reconnect the service, After I got mad the operator said, she will not charge me for reconnect the service, I hope so, I do not trust Comcast.

• Jl
    Jluv4 Apr 03, 2012

My mother's, whom I take care of and has health issues, cable box was having technical difficulties and problems early this morning. She was upset and wanted me to call Comcast to find out why it was messing up. This problem had now been going on for the past week, thinking that it would let up or get better I felt it was best that I go ahead and give them a call. When I first called I was connected to one representative by the name of "Allen", whom troubleshooted and reset the cable box twice and said if the steps he took doesn't help the situation within 10 to 20 minutes to call back to have a technician come out to our residence.

After waiting and the problem wasn't resolved, I then called Comcast's customer service department a second time. This time being connected to a representative by the name of "Amy." She asked to verify information that wasn't necessary and kept rambling on about "how sorry" she was about everything which at this point is pissing me off. After voicing my frustration, she schedules for a technician to come out between 10am and noon that same day which was great since I had to leave for work around 1pm. After waiting around til about 12:17pm and no sign of the technician, I called back to find out what happened. I am then told through the automated system and from another representative by the name of "Marquessa" (not sure how it's spelt) that the technician wasn't coming until later that afternoon between 1pm and 3pm. At this point I am livid. Although knowing that I still have to be to work at 2pm, I went ahead and had kept that appt. scheduled since someone would be present at home when they arrive.

While already at work, I get a call from home saying that the technician came and left... But the problem still exists with the cable box. I then turn around and call back Comcast. I am then connected to yet another representative by the name of "Tom." He at first is apologetic and seems to work wtih me, but then he asks for my best contact number which has already been documented way more than needed in a day. This is when I just ask him, as politely as possible, if this "best contact number" is already listed? I gave him the area code and prefix for him to find it because I knew it was listed already after speaking with the first three reps. He instead continues to repeatedly ask me over and over again for the FULL number. I am now overtly aggravated cause this is now the FOURTH time I have called Comcast, the representative is now arguing with me and talking over me instead of resolving this whole matter. All the while I AM AT WORK! I even asked nicely to speak with his supervisor, whom I found out way later is in a meeting, he acts as if he is transferring me and then returns back on the line to not tell me that he/ or she is in a meeting, but that it's noticeably taking a while for the supervisor to pick-up the line. He then informs me that a technician will be returning to my home. but never gives me a time for the technician's return, nor did he confirm the rescheduled appointment. I therefore had to call AGAIN and spoke to a much nicer rep who confirmed the time for the technician's return and deeply apologized for all the trouble I had to endure throughout the day.

Overall, I am so NOT SATISFIED with "Amy's" or "Tom's" performance. I recommend that they are retrained, disciplined for their actions or just seek a much different route of profession. I would like to commend the outstanding customer service to "Allen", "Marquessa" (not sure if I spelt her name right) and "Lee" (female). They went out of their way to make sure that I received 100% Customer Satisfaction and I appreciate that whole-heartedly. Thank you!

• Ga
    gatortracks Mar 17, 2012

Comcast guarantees a rate increase far above the inflation rate.

• Td
    Tdnoonie Mar 17, 2012

Called 2 weeks in advanced to set up an Install date. Was told that Comcast guarantees. Set up for Sat between 1 and 5 and called in morning to verify.. Told that Comcast guarantees and will be complete. Called at 4:45 that no one was available. Where is that Comcast guarantee. Told install moved to Sun between 8 and 5 and that Comcast guarantees. Comcast guarantee is not worth the paper on the toilet roll.

• Gi
    Gidaled Mar 09, 2012

My mother cancelled her internet&phone and has been harrassed by comcast of overdue bill ever since. After 5 calls ( 3 of which I was hung up on) supposedly someone from comcast was to come this morning to finally pick up the Modem that seems to be the issue(they were supposed to pick it up several times before). No Comcast tech has been here yet!

We are supposed to get a call in the next 15 minutes or so to tell me when the tech will be here. If they don't call or show up, my next call is to the Florida Attorney General.

Good luck to anyone stuck with Comcast, I thought some of the ones I had to deal with were bad, but Comcast has to be the worst company I have had the misfortune to deal with.

• Og
    Ogaiko Feb 14, 2012

We were told we would receive Cable TV, Internet Wireless, and Phone. For $79.99. After all was installed we got a bill for $340 plus. I called and was told that was for installation and my phone was extra $20.00 a month and that there was a charge for the router even after the package said modem and router were free. I was very upset. A contractor had installed everything and we had to have Comcast back as it was installed wrong and given the wrong remote. I was told by three different people that the phone was included in the package. We had the phone removed as $20 extra a month really upset us.

• Bl
    Bliore Feb 11, 2012

We have had our cable service with Comcast, in two homes, for years and in one of our homes have all 3 services by Comcast. The second is a seasonal home and we only have cable. We constantly have issues with Comcast's customer service with regards to getting a different answer to a question each time you call. For our seasonal home last year we spent hours trying to get an issue resolved with our cable. We were then promised a 12 month promotion of 29.99 for digital starter. In November 2010 we called to see about putting this on hold for the winter and we were specifically told that we could pay a winter rate and then in April the $29.99 would start up again. We got our bill for April and we were charged $64! I called and then were advised that because we became a seasonal subscriber we aren't offered promotions and they basically advised me I must be lying about the 29.99 continuing bec. they say it wasn't documented in the system. There is no loyalty by comcast to its customers. They don't take into account all the money we give them for our main residence so I am seriously thinking about switching to Verizon for that residence. Unfortunately we can't get Verizon at the moment for our summer home..

• Fr
    frustrated in westford Jan 21, 2012

I cancelled my comcast service and went with a new provider. I sent an e mail to contacts with new e mail. Of course not everyone pays attention. My complaint is that comcast is still accepting e mails from contacts without allowing me access. I called and complained and they said it takes 30 days(come on in this day and age). I just want them to stop taking e mails that I cannot access .Imagine what problems can arise !!!What a scam I can pay to retrieve a service I cancelled. UNETHICAL

• Tr
    Traimude Jan 13, 2012

I had to call Comcast several times in the past due to bad service or service interruption. Yesterday I called because my house phone, internet, nor cable was working. The customer service representative was nice and helpful. She told me it was their fault that my modem wasn't working. Something happened to it internally. She told me someone would come the next day to fix it, nobody came. She told me they only allow 24hrs without the house phone working for their customers. I called to complaint, the customer service representative told me she was going to transfer me to her supervisor name Carine and Carine picked up the phone and hung up. When I called back I was put on hold for more than 20 minutes so I hung up. Comcast 1st gives me bad service and then doesn't let me complain. I've been a loyal customer for years now and for Comcast to act so irresponsible disappointed me. They will lose me as a customer soon.