Coles Supermarketsdecision to give away thicker plastic shopping bags to customers

S Aug 01, 2018

I must protest about your inexcusable decision to give away the even thicker plastic bags to customers.

You are simply shifting the deck chairs on the titanic and making the environmental problems even worse as the bags will take longer to break down.

I read on the abc news site:
"some customers told us they needed more time to make the transition to reusable bags," a coles spokesperson said.

"... Needed more time..." that. Is. A. Pathetic. Reason.

No. They don't.

It's not too late to reverse your decision — for the sake of the children and those who must inherit the unholy mess we are making of this beautiful yet fragile planet.

There is no plan b... It's the only home we have in the universe.

Come on. Do the right thing. Cancel the free-bag policy before the end of august this year.

• Updated by swzl · Aug 01, 2018

I MUST PROTEST ABOUT YOUR INEXCUSABLE DECISION TO GIVE AWAY THE EVEN THICKER PLASTIC BAGS TO CUSTOMERS.

You are simply shifting the deck chairs on the Titanic and making the environmental problems even worse as the bags will take longer to break down.

I read on the ABC news site:
    "Some customers told us they needed more time to make the transition to reusable bags, " a Coles spokesperson said.

"...needed more time..." That. Is. A. Pathetic. Reason.

No. They don't.

It's not too late to reverse your decision -- for the sake of the children and those who must inherit the unholy mess we are making of this beautiful yet fragile planet.

There is no Plan B...it's the only home we have in the universe.

Come on. Do the right thing. Cancel the free-bag policy before the end of August this year.