Coles Supermarkets Australiastaff member complaint - frasier

D Jul 24, 2019

STAFF COMPLAINT - 25/07/2019. I am writing this complaint about one of your staff members.. Frasier (from Coles, Forster NSW 2428). I have had the flu for several weeks and haven't been able to finish this complaint until now. Several weeks ago Frasier was working in the fruit and vegetable section of Coles when I walked up and simply asked him if there were any red capsicums. At first I thought he didn't hear me, then he looked at me for few seconds giving me this long frustrated look, he then pointed (without saying anything) to the area that I just came from. I told Frasier that I already looked and that there were no red capsicums. Frasier, looking very annoyed with me for disturbing him, threw the oranges he was packing on the shelf back on a big metal trolly, proceeded to marched past me with a very cranky and frustrated look on his face, only to find that upon arriving to the area, I was right... there were no red caps left. The box was empty. He looked at me and said "we obviously have none then". He walked past me, back to where he was working. Confused and a little annoyed by his behaviour, I walked back up to Frasier and asked if there were any red capsicums out the back that could be brought out. Frasier threw the fruit he had in his hands back down, while letting out a frustrated sigh. I asked him ‘what his problem was' and he stared at me again for a few seconds and said that he didn't have a problem. I said "I'm sorry if I'm inconveniencing you mate, but this is your job isn't it?". Frasier stormed out without saying anything, toward the plastic doors near the meat fridge and milk fridge. I waited about 8 or 9 minutes and Frasier didn't return. I eventually walked away frustrated and continued shopping. About 10 minutes later, before I headed to the checkout, I checked to see if Frasier had returned and if there were any capsicums, neither Frasier or the red capsicums were present, so I paid for my groceries and left.

I found Frasier to be extremely rude with very poor communication and customer service skills. He just seemed to have extremely poor people skills and a rotten attitude to match.
I also found (and I am a little embarrassed to say this) that Frasier's personal hygiene left a lot to be desired. This may be a little too personal, but I really think its worth mentioning.. Frasier really did noticeably stink. He walked past me twice in my dealings with him on this day and he smelled like he hadn't washed in days. That not only concerns me because it is unprofessional and I don't want to be forced to smell a person who stinks, but it really disturbs me because it is so unhygienic! Frasier's handles fruits and vegetables that are being sold to the public, all while his personal hygiene is so poor that he is giving off noticeable foul odors. If his personal hygiene is so poor that that is happening, one could almost guarantee that his had washing practices must be very poor as well.

I have decided to buy my fruit and vegetables elsewhere because of this and I have told my family and friends about this encounter. My sister-in-law even knew of who I was talking about when I told her.

I don't know Frasier, this is my first (and hopefully last) encounter with him. I think he needs to be re-trained in how to treat customers with dignity and respect. And I think he needs to be spoken to about his poor personal hygiene. My whole experience on this day was very disappointing.

Anyway, that is all I have say about this incident.

Regards, Dean Scott.
I can be contacted via email at: [protected]@protonmail.com