Clicks Retailersservice complaint

C Dec 02, 2019

Good Day

I trust this email finds you well. On the 28th of November 2019 at 4pm.I stopped by at Clicks Parow Centre after work because it was close to work and i needed to get a few things before black Friday and the weekend shopping madness. I needed a foundation as well as a setting powder. The way Click is structured you stock your different brands next to each other and have a make up consultant close by to advise.

As i browsed at the different brands i had trouble with finding the prefect colour to suit my complexion. I spent +- 10 min reading the brands trying to test the colours on my inner arm to find the suitable colour.

The make up consultant standing there never once asked me if i needed assistance, yet she applied make up to her own face, staring in the mirror chatting to every other random staff member passing by. Eventually after really not having a clue i asked her for assistance she looked at me and said we don't have that (Yardley)setting powder as a tester.I then asked her do you have the foundation and we could see, they didn't stock that either. My irritation was not that the item was not in stock it was the way she spoke in a unhelpful manner.

I then reached out to her and asked her to advised which setting powder i can use in a another brand. I thought that it would just be logic advising a customer with an alternate.

She went to the mirror again and this time started removing her make up because she said " ek is nou duk al van die make-up". Eventually she advised me to use Essence warm toast after waiting. Not having a tester again she swiped some across her finger across the powder and put it on my inner arm and said you see? See what the colour was lighter than my arm? Feeling so helpless i said ok il swipe my finger and she said put it on your nose not looking at me looking in the mirror removing her make up. She looked at me saying you can take the colour if you want but that is up to you. I was like what the hell seriously???

I was so dissapointed in her manner of speaking, advising and also the interest in herself more than the customer. I left the products just there and decided to go to Edgars to seek professional help.I don't remember her name, however she is short, wears a wig and is fairly dark. That was truly bad service, there are many people out there looking for a job and this the way that woman decided to represent Click, Parow Centre.

Deeply disappointing