Clicks RetailersFalse advertising and poor customer service

K Jul 28, 2021

I have never ever been treated this bad by any other Clicks store in Cape Town! I have recently moved to Durban and visited the Clicks store at the Pavilion Mall today, 28 July 2021. I went to Click to purchase some toiletry items and medication. As I was about to leave the store, I noticed that I was overcharged for 3 x men roll on's which was priced at R50 for 3 (I was charged for each separately), the optic white toothpaste which was promoted at 50 something rand (I was charged R90) and my 3 for 2 mask special, I was charged individually. I was then told to speak to customer services at the exit of the shop. The gentleman by the name of Clement who is also a 'manager', took me to the place where the toothpastes were stacked at 50 odd rand with tags on both the left and right side of the rack and showed me the actual price of the optic white which I took which was 'different' to the rest of the optic white toothpastes (which was all packed on one shelf) and the price he showed me was hidden under a big promotion tag! He refused to give it to me at the price displayed which was also displayed as Optic White. I then asked to speak to his manager and she refused to give it to me at the price it was displayed for and they made me wait over an hour to complete the refund, then the refund was completed and I was refunded too little money to which I then asked for all my goods to be refunded as by this time I already spent almost two hours waiting for medication and then another hour for them to sort out the issue of overcharging me. The lady manager then eventually said after an hour of seeing me stand there that she will honour the price it was displayed at and I ended up leaving without the things I needed as I was so upset and hurt for the treatment I received and in the process all the promotions I could've gotten and the medicine for my shoulders, etc. I have been a loyal and valuable customer of Clicks for many years and to get treated like this was just pure horrible. Dischem would never do this.