[Resolved] Clear Rate Communications — slamming phone service of the elderly
A 92-year-old Senior, Juanita Vincent a resident in our Independent Living Retirement Center had her telephone slammed by Clear Rate. She told them she did not want to change phone service providers yet they took over her service anyway. She paid the first bill from Clear Rate after we called Century Link and got her service back (at a higher rate because the plan she used is no longer offered) and we called Clear Rate to discontinue service the same day. Century Link said Clear Rate would not release her old number and therefore now she has a new phone number as well. She received a second bill from Clear Rate, we again called and they said we never disconnected the service. They are not being truthful. Now a final close-out bill has arrived and there is an additional $11.95 charged to the account for a "Service Change Charge"! Why??? We tried to call the customer service number but it doesn't ring through. A recording says, the number you are calling is unavailable, please try your call later. Later in the day, it's the same thing. according to slamming rules, Juanita should not have even paid the first bill. So she really should be getting back a refund from either Clear Rate directly of $28.20 or if they pay it to Century Link a fee would be taken out. Please assist us in getting the remainder of this bill taken off her account. My name is Lisa Shipp and I am helping her with this because she is so upset, she cannot think straight when she speaks with them. The overtalk when she is trying to speak and are quite rude. Very unethical conduct.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
More Clear Rate Communications Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Clear Rate Communications - fraudulent company 
- [Resolved] Clear Rate Communications - phone scam 
- Clear Rate Communications - seizing a phone number then no service for 12 days 
- Clear Rate Communications - fraud/no service provided 
- Clear Rate Communications - no service, but wants $282.98 for services. provided 
- Clear Rate Communications - I am complaining about getting tricked into a plan I didn't want!
- [Resolved] Clear Rate Communications - internet and landline 
- Clear Rate Communications - internet/phone
- Clear Rate Communications - no service
- Clear Rate Communications - unethical behaviour