Citifinancial AutoLaw suit/class action

Questionable Fees and late Fees? My individual case is similar to most of the postings listed here. My original contract was purchased 14 months ago by CitiFinancial Auto and it's been a nightmare ever since. I recently re-financed my vehicle with my lending institution just to get away from CitiFinancial Auto. At my loan closing CitiFinancial Auto did not want to release my payoff amount and really gave my Lending Officer a hard time as well as upset me greatly. I ended up paying $663.00 over and above what my balance was just to get rid of them. Now it's my turn. I have made every payment, with one late payment...and have all my records.

If you are serious about going the distance to bring this company to court, email me and tell me to count you in.

If I obtain enough names and committments, I will then ask the attorney for a class action lawsuit. Other-wise I will be taking this company on alone.

Only email me if you can back-up your records, you are committed and have the patients to deal with this suit.

My advice...find another loan institution to re-finance with and get out from under CitiFinancial. It WILL NOT get any better.

charryse1 Sep 01, 2011

Please add me. Too many things to say about them paid off a car loan (with a few late payments, but never over 30 days) and was told that there was 2515.38 remaining on my loan of interest and principle???? SO... now i have $15.38 remaining to pay off this amount, and they STILL want an additional $191 because according to them this amount has still been accruing interest... REALLY? The past due amount on my invoice shows $0.00, so what is the interst for again??? Their invoices are designed to make the consumer not see the actual amount owed and they do not put the information in plain english for anyone (including themselves) to understand. I want ALL of my money back from them and i would love to see if they send me my title anytime soon!!! [email protected]

• La
    Larry C120 Jul 29, 2011

Citi-Fiancial demanded 4 payments from me in ?December, 2008, or they would take actions against me and damage my credit. As it turns out, they failed to apply as 4 monthly payments, and filed that I was late. This has damaged my credit and aided in my not being able to buy a new home.
    Larry R. Camp

• La
    Larry C120 Jul 29, 2011

I would like to join any action. Citi-Fiannacial received over 4 monthly payments from me in December, 2008; as they were threatening my credit. As it turns out, they did not apply on a monthly basis as I required, and they reported larte payments on my credit report, and refuse to remove.
    Larry R. Camp

• Pa
    papasamone May 09, 2011

For months now I have been trying to get in touch with citifinancialauto. I call and there is no answer. I call again and the operator says that that number is no longer in service. I send emails and get no answer. I write to them at their office and get no reply. I have been sending my payment every month to the address at Coppell, Texas and have not received a statement in over 2 years. I will not send my May payment and see if they are going to reposess my car. I hope they bring the cops and a lot of people with them. I already have my people ready just in case. All I need is a 10 day payoff and no one has the courtesy of replying my messages.

• Da
    Daya Tennille Washington Apr 23, 2011

I AM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, FINALLY. THANK YOU JESUS!!! FREE FROM CITIFINANCIAL and my credit IS IN TACT. No more worries. HOwever, again, I would like to be involved in this class suit. So please keep me posted if there is anything going around. :) I wish I had time to start it myself but I have two settlements pending at the moment. KEEP ME IN THE LOOP!

• Ru
    rubin caulder Feb 25, 2011

i am trying to pay off loan and i cannot get in touch with a person

chefang Feb 02, 2011

Please let me know how to get in on this lawsuit. They sold my loan to Santandar without ever letting me know, which is the ABSOLUTE WORST company to work with. They are also saying I still owe almost what I paid for the car initially 3 YEARS AGO!! they will not send me payment history.

Please let me know how to get involved with this lawsuit.
    Angela
    [protected]

• Ar
    ARTEMIO ACOSTA Jan 07, 2011

count me in, i finish to pay my truck and they turn my account to SANTANDER FOR COLLECTION, they saying i dont pay three monts.and now i still owe them $2500.00 and they repo. my truck.-------- ARTEMIO ACOSTA. [email protected]

mikeAmillion Dec 10, 2010

If there's people out there on the same situation as me please help is there some sort of class action suit against these companies this [censor] is absurd to even here it really sounds like a scem that's hurting and added dept to a trouble economy many of us out there are struggling and just CANT AFFORD DUE TO salary and cuts nation wide

• Va
    Vanesa Evans Oct 18, 2010

I really know what the people is speaking citifinancial auto stole my account but never sent my payment to the new company this is a really back company to do business with ... I would never tell any one to use the company at all . Never again

• Ms
    ms neen Sep 28, 2010

Agree totally just got a letter in the mail my close account sold to a collection agency. Paid car off last year never late one deferrement through the whole loan. They called me with a settlement payoff then reported me over 30 days late and place a bad mark on my credit. Wow.

Joseph Stopa Sep 22, 2010

Count me in. I have missed some payments in 2009 and Citifinancial agreed to reinstate me with exception of having the charge off on my credit. I agreed to pay $3700 in Dec 09 to become current and agreed to pay every month via Moneygram. I have been on time with my payments to find out on Saturday September 18 my vehicle was gone. I called the police to find out my vehicle was repossessed. I called Citifinancial to find out Santander Consumer USA has taken over the loan. I have never received any notification of this change. I called Santander and they said I am behind approx 450 days on payments and owe approx $7, 700. I explained that I had an agreement with Citifinancial and have all the payment receipts.Santander said there have been alot of others with the same problem as I and placed the blame on Citifinacial because they never advised them of the agreements. I faxed all my receipts over and am still waiting to hear back from Santander. There was a complete lack of communication between the 2 companies which has caused undue stress and inconvenience to my family and I. Santander also has terrible costumer service, not returning phone calls when promised and leaving me out in the dark. When you call back you have to go through the same long process and explain your story to them rather than dealing with the manager direct.

• Si
    sickofcitifanancial Aug 23, 2010

Count me in on a class action lawsuit against CitiFanancial Auto! I have experienced some of the same stuff that been posted here. I have most all of the paperwork to back up my story too!

angrynbama Aug 18, 2010

we would also like to be included in the suit. This company have put us through a nightmare not once but twice now, the first time we had a car financed through Citifinancial we paid on the car faithfully when we reached our maturity date and made the last payment we were so relieved and thought we would recieve our title shrtly after that but do you know 2months passed and we hadn't received a title then when we called to enquire about it they gave us a line about we had some late charge fees need to be paid before they could send us our title so we went ahead and paid the fees because we knew they wouldnt release our title if we didn't and we wanted to be done with them. then they turned around and reported charge off on our credit report which has caused us problems when we try to buy another vehicle. So now we understand the hold situation as to why they financed a second car for us because now we are experiencing the same problem with them on this loan we have reached our maturity date and they have come up with this lie saying we missed some payments and agreed to have it added to the end of the loan. we ask them to let us hear the recording of us saying that since they say the call is being recorded but they just talk over us and continue asking for the payment they hav put us through hell

• Bi
    Billy Helms Aug 13, 2010

Count me in too. I have a signature loan with Citifinancial that I have been paying on for years and the loan balance has barely gone down. I owe Citifinacial $4000 and accordig to an account summary, if I pay the minimum Payment of $141 a month it will take 15 years to pay this loan off. This is obviously unethical and possibly criminal. This company who took a tax payer bailout from the US government has absolutely no pity for any of it's customer. This company is completely corrupt and should be criminally investigated. I beg anyone that is reading this not to do any kind of business with Citifinancial or any other Citigroup company. They are the lowest form of life. Even below pond [censor].

Thank you for reading this. God help us all.

Billy Helms-Dothan, AL.

• Po
    polypal Jul 27, 2010

I have a representetive from Citifinancial auto telling me(on recording) that they have the right to harrass their customers. I've been hit with so many late fees because I have been late almost every payment because for 2 years they have told me that they couldn't change my due date. I needed to change my due date because my due date was the 25th and i never get money till between the 1st and the 3rd of the month.) Then last month (2 months before my loan matures) they tell me"Oh, you can change your due date, you have to get permission from your gap insurance provider."

Additionally, I've taken several deferments on my loan and what I found out yesterday is that on those deferments, not only do they add them to the last payment, as long as they're not paid they charge you COMPOUNDED INTEREST DAILY! This means every payment that I've deferred they have been adding interest to. This is EXTREMELY SHADY business practice to add to the whole host of complaints to add to the complaints of Customer Service reps telling me that they will keep calling as much as they want till I make an arrangement to pay, whether they have alredy spoken to me or not. If you start a class action, count me in.

contact me at [email protected]

Miskondukt Jun 24, 2010

I'm in agreement to support it, if it's still moving-though highly unlikely.

I have a reoccurring payment setup for my auto of $373.43 every later half of the month. Just yesterday a $400.00 electronic check was submitted to my account. I had no clue who this was nor what it was for, so I justly put a "Stop Payment" on the check issued 6/22/10 for check #10 in the amount of $400.00. The very next morning, an additional, duplicated charge is processed through my account and has a check # of 9999 . . . ! ! ! ! Ok, WHAT!
    A few moments later my wonderful bank's assistant branch manager calls and says that the stop payment check has been reissued, and cleared on the 21st (And today is the 23rd of which the phone call just took place) under a different check number and in order for me to stop the payment attempts they needed to know who the "Payee" was. I told her that was the issue. The checks have no images for them to pull the payee from, no listing of "CitiFinancial Auto Pymt" as my regular payment titled, and they had to trace the routing number to distinguish who it was. Guess what, it was Citi Financial Auto.
    So, I call Citi and got your basic India representative and immediately informed her that two payments were deducted from my banking account and both have empirically (of which I had to define for her) been credited to Citi Auto. She looked on the account and informed me that a reoccurring payment from June of 2009 was recently reactivated for a monthly payment of $400. I told her that was entirely false, and that the transaction had been perpetrated with two distinctly different check numbers to satisfy a payment after the stop payment had been placed and that someone was literally stealing money from me and my bank was advising me to change accounts and "Let them" begin filing procedures for fraud. The representative said that no one was stealing from me, but the payment can't be returned. I also asked when the call took place to "reactivate" this payment, she couldn't provide an answer nor any corroborating notes.
    I asked for a manager.
    20 minutes later a Nidh (Pronounced Nideeh) clicked on and I had forced myself to calm down to reconcile the situation. 40 minutes later, a conference call with the Branch Manager, after my bank became aggressive and I had to resort to politeness (of which I maintained from the onset), apologetic, and literally begging "for her help as a manager" she said I might get the payment back within 2-3 business days with the NSF fees that were caused. I told her the charge put my account in the red and I needed it as immediately as they had received, stolen, it from me. Paraphrasing of course, but I inevitably had to ask for yet another escalation of whom has to "call me back" at a designated number-I anticipate none.
    To go back to the how.
    This manager told me that the $400.00 payment had been going through my account and then reversed (by them) every month and I just hadn't noticed it till now. Well, there's ONE contradiction: I was previously told it had been reactivated. Second, the two distinctly different check numbers, and the most absurdly frustrating contradiction-She thought I'd be stupid enough TO NOT NOTICE $400 GOING IN AND OUT OF MY ACCOUNT EVERY MONTH, ROUTINELY and NOT to mention, of which my banks' branch manager simultaneously informed both her and I on the conference call, that if a "Transaction had been processed and reversed every month, for the same dollar amount, not only would it have triggered a 'red flag' as conspicuous activity but in the least meriting a call to the client to (1) inquire about the activity and (2) negate continual transactions."

There are obviously very unsettling events going on here, and I am in no way comfortable with where it left by Nidh canceling the reoccurring payment. I am in search of a contact number for their Irving Texas corporate office, if anyone has one please email me at [email protected]
    Something else entirely frustrating. On their Contact us page, they have a picture of a White American Women as the call representative and it is clear that there isn't a single American Employed at the call center establishment. Their CEO is from India, of whom made approximately $39M in 2008 after receiving over $45B in Federal Aid (And they're still beating up on the poor man). In 2009 he sheepishly resorted to a mere $125K. (Equilar.com)

• Ks
    kshankoff Jun 18, 2010

I would love to be involved as well, they have the worst customer service ever!!! I have been paying actually a week earlier than usual every month for 8 months, and even though I paid over 2, 000 dollars since I purchased it and less than $800 has been reduced from my principal, and they do not know how to explain this at all...

I am about to refinance my car with a credit union and they need the payoff statement, and of course, citi financial isn't reliable.

Would LOVE to support this lawsuit!

• Cp
    cpcooney May 26, 2010

Count us in on the lawsuit. Citi Auto is a bunch of thieves. I will say do enjoy trading smart [censor] comments with them on a daily basis. Same story as everyone else. We have tried for five years to keep this account on track, and get rid of Citi. It's NOT possible. As soon as you make a payment to stop calls, two days later the calls start again. There's NO grace period with these accounts, so if you don't make a payment on the due date, it's reported late. Let's unite and stop Citi Auto.

• Bo
    bobalbrts May 24, 2010

i would like to grt in the law suit every month it is a hassle to get the payment made last mopnth i called and told them that i had stopped my direcert depossit and that i had mailed my payment in and thay would not listen and said that thay would still try to get the money from my bank even after thay were told i stoppd my dirrect dposst and now thay are charging mee a lat fea and in febuary that said i was 2 months behind we arguerd for 3 days to geet that straightnd up i save all my car statements for my car loan and thay still aregeued with me abought th paymnt in feb and now abouhgt this months oay ment saying iam late

northernlights Apr 29, 2010

Please count me in. I have been trying to get an itemized statement of my payment history and APR% so I can actually see what is happening. There is no logic in amount applied to interest and principle, because there is no transparency. I have asked again and again online and over the phone, they say "we will mail you a copy" and after a year of this request, no copy. This bank is full of crooks.

• Ga
    GARY L RIBBLE Apr 27, 2010

YES COUNT ME IN. I AM 62 YEARS OLD AND DISABLED AND THEY HAVE IGNORED ME FOR 18 MONTHS IN REGARDS TO MY WIFE AND I BEING BEHIND BY 2 PAYMENTS. THEY TELL ME TO CALL BUT I AM HARD OF HEARING AND I DO NOT MAKE CALLS NOR RECEIVE THEM. MY WIFE IS NOT SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND ALL THEIR BS TALK, FOR SHE NOT MUCH OF AN EDUCATION, SO WILL NOT TAKE A CHANCE. THEY TOLD US IF WE CALLED THEY WOULD HELP US OUT BY DEFERRING OUR 2 PAYMENTS WE ARE BEHIND, TO THE END OF OUR CONTRACT. THEY TALKED ABOUT REFINANCE, FOR A LOWER PAYMENT. I TOOK A CHANCE AND LET ME WIFE CALL CITI FINANCIAL AUTO ON 03/05/2010 AND THEY NEVER OFFERED US NOTHING. ALL THEY WANTED WAS THE MONEY. THEY ASKED FOR 2 REFERENCES, A FAX MACHINE NUMBER AND TOLD MY WIFE WE WERE GOOD FOR 6 MONTHS. SOON AS SHE HUNG UP, THE PHONE CALLS STARTED AND HAVE NOT STOPPED SINCE.
    I MAILED OUT A LETTER TO CITI YESTERDAY AND SENT IT EXPRESS MAIL. IT WAS MY LAST TRY AT GETTING THEM TO LISTEN TO ME AND WORK WITH ME TO BRING OUR ACCOUNT FROM DEFAULT. RIGHT NOW AS I WRITE THIS COMPLAINT, THE LETTER I SENT IS IN THE COPPEL, TEXAS POST OFFICE, AND NOBODY HAS PICKED IT UP. THE POSTAL SERVICE TRIED TO DELIVER IT BUT NOBDY CLAIMED IT. SO I AM GOING TO SEND CITI ANOTHER SECURE EMAIL AND TELL THEM OFF AND FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB AND SEE IF I CAN FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST THEM FOR DISCRIMINATION, AGAINST A DISABLED PERSON. SO PLEASE PUT ME DOWN. I AM SO VERY POOR BUT SURE WANT TO HELP OUT ALL I CAN. YES, I TOLD CITI HOW WE FELL BEHIND BUT THEY DID NOT CARE. WE FELL BEHIND 2 PAYMENTS BECAUSE I FOUND OUT I HAD LEUKEMIA AND I WAS SCARED TO DEATH AND DID NOT CARE ANYMORE ABOUT NOTHING. SO ANYWAY, YOU HAVE READ AN ABBREVIATED VERSION OF WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 18 MONTHS. CITI FINANCIAL AUTO, IS NOTHING BUT A FRONT FOR A BUNCH OF CRIMINALS WHO DO NOT GIVE A ### FOR NOTHING AND NOBODY BUT THEM SELVES. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST IN THE BUSINESS, THEY SUCK BIG TIME. THANK YOU. [email protected]

• Ga
    GARY L RIBBLE Apr 27, 2010

MY NAME IS GARY RIBBLE AND I AM A 62 YEAR OLD DISABLED MAN WHO HAS BEEN TRYING TO GET CITI FINANCIAL AUTO TO LISTEN TO ME FOR 18 MONTHS IN REGARDS TO MY ACCOUNT BEING (2) MONTHS BEHIND BECAUSE IN OCTOBER OF 2008, I LEARNED THAT I HAD CHRONIC LYMPHOCTIC LEUKEMIA AND WE FELL BEHIND ON OUR ACCOUNT. I AM A DISABLED MAN AND HAVE BEEN DISABLED SINCE 2007 AND THEY KNOWED THIS. ONE OF MY HANDICAPS IS I AM HARD OF HEARING, SO I DO NOT RECEIVE CALLS NOR MAKE THEM. I AM MARRIED TO A MEXICAN WOMAN WHO DOES NOT UNDERSTAND A LOT BECAUSE OF HER EDUCATION SO I DO ALL THE BUSINESS IN OUR FAMILY. CITI FINANCIAL AUTO WILL NOT CONTACT ME BY CERTIFIED OR REGISTERED MAIL AND DISCUSS A WAY TO HELP US AS THEY OFFERED. SO I FEEL THEY ARE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME BECAUSE I AM DISABLED AND ONE OF MY HANDCAPS IS MY HEARING.
    WE ARE ABOUT TO HAVE OUR 2002 FORD EXPLORER REPOED BECAUSE WE HAVE NO MONEY TO CATCH UP OUR ACCOUNT. WE NEED $590.00 TO SAVE OUR VEHICLE OR ELSE. SO THEY WILL REPO IT PROBABLY SOMETIME SOON. SO IF THERE IS A GROUP OF PEOPLE OUT THERE READY TO FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST CITI FINANCIAL AUTO PLEASE COUNT ME IN. I AM SURE BY THE TIME ANY ACTION IS TAKEN MY WIFE AND I WILL HAVE LOST OUR VEHICLE. I PRAY GOD WILL HELP US OUT SOON WITH A MIRACLE THAT IS LONG OVER DUE. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS;[email protected] IF ANYONE WANTS TO CONTACT ME, A VERY POOR MAN WHO IS FED UP WITH CITI FINANCIAL AUTO. THANK YOU. GARY L. RIBBLE

• Ke
    Kee Black Apr 02, 2010

I dont know how many post we can put on this civil lawsuit, but as long as they harrass me, Im going to complain. Especially when they are not sending me my information to see why I owe so much on a car that was paid for in February '10. I had to copy and paste what MJSMITH put in his CLS on a post on page one.
    ” One guy will call, "hey we'll work with you, just pay this amount and you're current, we'll get you a deferrment".. you do that and a week later end up getting another call. Hey you owe such and such amount, but if you pay this, you can qualify for deferrment.”

This is what I’m actually dealing with as we speak!!! I had 3 deferments caught the 2 up within my loan and they said I “QUALIFIED” for one in May of 09. So, not knowing any better and never received a letter to sign for the deferments to go through. I was told instead of my loan ending in Jan 2010, I would have a final payment in Feb 2010. Thinking my car was paid off in Feb after paying the 443.77. I called these clowns/crooks and requested for my title. Was hung up on and then received a call 2 days later asking was I ready to make a payment??!!??!!! Payment, payment for what Leon(reps name). “Well you owe in deferment fees!” thinking ok, this is bs whats the amount 20-100 bucks maybe. No, Leon tells me I owe 3353.00!!! I said ok, MAIL me my original contract with my sig and my ex girlfriends signature and if I see where it says that there is an astronomical amount such as this that has to be paid behind deferment fees, then I will pay. Still to this day, waiting for my original contract as of 3/2/10 (when it all started)and they want to FAX me this new contract to “get the ball rolling” so I can pay this loan off!!! Still being harassed to this day and my ex is as well for a total different issue that they never even mention to me!!! I asked why a "fax" we all know faxes can be altered and they are not official and most importantly all they have to say is that confirmation was received on their end and I could have never had gotten the info I said just put that contract in the mail with my original contract and deferment info to state the amount behind the fees. They call everyday sometimes twice a day. I tell them, Im still waiting for my original contract. I speak to a rude Mr.Williams who calls me all the time, he then gives me a different amount of what I owe for the deferment fees. His amt is 3408.00!!! When I tell him that Im still waiting for my original contract and whatever info they can send me on these fees b/c I was given a different amt from the rep. Leon . He then tells me "just pay it, just pay it, just pay it and then we will send you your paper work" Are you serious????? My ex then text me of course concerned thinking Im not paying on it, but come to find out they are telling her I still owe on the loan and that amt, is 3291.00!!!All they have sent her is the payment history. I could careless about that, I want to see the ORIGINAL CONTRACT from Arcadia that their company bought out b/c now Im being told I have 3 different amounts and you really think Im going to pay just off your word now?!?!?!?! Pls, check into the contracts b/c getting ammendmnts is pretty much them starting their own contract trying to get you to sign on what they just came up with. True story, research them they lost close too [protected] contracts in the crossover from Arcadia to Citi Fi!!! Something has to be done, if I was told in 09 "Mr.Black, your all caught up and balance is 0" then where are all these mysterious fees being accrued and not one phone call about this large amount, but when I was a month or two late you all would call me every hour. Now my car is paid off now I owe all these different amounts. "TRUTH OF LENDING ACT " sounds like to me.. God help us, a lot of honest hard working ppl are being ripped off and its not fair that a large company like this hasnt been taken down. God BLESS you all!!!

• Ro
    RonniM Apr 02, 2010

Please include me on this class action suit. I have been dealing with a problem with for a month and the problem still has not been resolved they give you the run around. Representatives won't let you speak with a supervisor/manager they always supossedly have to check if there is one available. One exvuse after another one!!! They ask for the same information over and over again, no one seems to been on the same accord. Their customer service is awful!! I need an amendment to my loan because of a REDUCTION in my income and they REFUSE to assist me. I have been humilated more than once and longe enough by CITIFINANCIAL. Please keep me informed. my email address is [email protected]

Thanks!

• Ke
    Keon T. Black Mar 05, 2010

Please include me in this class action lawsuit. I recently paid off my car loan with CitiFiniancial. I received a letter of verification that stated my final payment, as well. When I called in reference to my title being sent to my address, I was informed that I owed a sum of almost $4, 000 for interest fees. The rep claimed these fees were due to one or two deferments that I also paid off. Now, they want me to sign a new contract in order to pay this new balance. I want all of my paperwork from them. They are refusing to send it. Yet, these people are harassing me as they try to get me to sign this contract. Again, please include me! I am tired of this company and their rude representatives!

Keon Black

• St
    STRIDER123 Feb 27, 2010

This company helps the cause of Alquaeda to cripple the American public right under the government's nose.

• Le
    Lee Irvine Feb 04, 2010

I've had the same problem kmika described. I mailed them a payment in December. They claimed that they lost it, so I had to send them another check, and I'm sure they probably charged a late fee. Then In January, one month later, I mailed them the check for that month. This time instead of claiming to have lost it, they actually returned it to my bank. I assumed that since we usually don't have to make payments in January that I didn't owe anything for that month. This wasn't the case since though. A representative called me at the beginning of February, over three weeks later, claiming I was late on my January payment. He then went on to try and tell me that I had cancelled the check.

Please count me in if this is still moving forward

loofy2 at gmail dot com

• Mr
    mrowe Jan 19, 2010

I have lots of issues with this company!! Count me in!!!

• Ck
    ckasey08 Jan 06, 2010

If there is a lawsuit against this company, please tell me how to get involved. They have ripped me off several times during my loan. How do we join this lawsuit? Please post the information.

• Si
    Sims Family Jan 05, 2010

I had an auto loan with them and my car was washed away in hurricane Ike in 2008. I had full coverage insurance and Gap insurance. I never had a late payment and had paid over the min due all the time...

WELL total loss told me (when I called them to let them know what had happened to the car) that no more payments would be due past the date of total loss ... and that when and if I owed anything that I would be sent a final payoff letter if there was anything due that the insurance wouldn't cover ...

Well ... they would not send me a final payoff letter just bills each month saying my monthly payment was in rears ... I called and got phone hell each time to be told that I did not owe anything that the insurance was still doing their thing and that billing was just not communicating with total loss blah blah that I didn't owe anything ...

WELL ... after MONTHS of this game when I called I could ONLY talk to collections NO OTHER DEPARTMENT and they reported on my credit 150 day late payment!!! I have no late payments on anything ... this was an insurance thing that it took so long ... and then they slam me with a late payment??? So I wrote them a letter via certified mail since their phone system is a really bad joke ... and their reps are even worse ... I spelled out everything included my notes on who I called and when from Citi telling me that I didn't owe anything etc etc ... and offered them the payoff amount that my insurance papers noted was left and due ... included the check in the letter that was my offer of final payoff ... and stated that they needed to fix my credit report to reflect my perfect payment history ...

WELL they billed me for a couple hundred more dollars in fees and interest and did NOT fix my credit report. SO I hired my attorney to write to their registered agent via certified mail ... he went over everything that my car was totaled and there is no late payment etc etc and requested that they justify the amounts and repair my credit ... they didn't reply!!! So I paid the extra amount under protest to close the account ... My perfect credit is now ruined ... I am now low 600's and can't get a home loan!!!

No lawyers in my area will take it because they are such a big bank and it will cost so much to sue them... at least that is what they all say... I had one firm look it all over, the contract, payments insurance etc ... they confirm that there is no late payment and that I overpaid but they want 10k down to sue them and the rest on contingency ... insane this is keeping me from getting a biz loan to expand my business or a home loan!

I just sent in a complanint to the Missouri Attorney General, and if I don't get a response I am contacting Send all complaint to:

Federal Trade Commission
    Board of Governors of Federal Reserve System
    Division of Consumer and Community Affairs
    20th & Constitution Ave, NW
    Washington D.C. 20551

and then the Federal Banking regulators ...
    I am not giving up on this!

So please if you really have an attorney count me in!
    My email is [email protected]

I live in Missouri
    Thanks!

I loathe Citi Auto!

• Vj
    vj81 Dec 11, 2009

Please count me in on the lawsuit. Citi harasses me, my mom and I have paid on time religously up until a few months ago when my son feel ill and was hospitalized. they harassed me while my 7 yr old was in the hospital for a week!!! And as much as i send in my balance is not shrinking!!! They are ripping people off and i'm sick of their rude ###.

Valencia Johnson

michemor Dec 04, 2009

Yes, count me in. Citifinancial is corrupt and what they are doing must be illegal. I made 38 payments on my loan and the balance of my loan is about the same as the amount I financed 3 years ago. How can that be? Now, they've repossessed my vehicle and want $1800 from me to get it back. I don't want it back considering the fact that I've already paid what it's worth and they're saying I still owe $18, 000 which is the amount I financed it for 3 years ago. This is a sleazy, unethical company. Shame on them for taking bail out money and screwing the people that financed through them.

An angry car owner Oct 29, 2009

I have been with Citifinancial for two years. I bought an explore 2007 and financed 22, 300 dollars with these guys. I have paid them a total of 23 payments at $540.oo a month. That comes to about 11, 500.00 total in two years and my balance is great than the original loan. The payoff is now 23, 000. I feel helpless like there no way to get out of this crazy company. They are so rude on the phone. You know this company took stimulus money and now they are getting away with robbing the public blind. If anyone is serious about fighting these people I am all for it. They are going to destroy any chances of fixing your credit.

• St
    Steve3927 Oct 12, 2009

I'm not sure why you are having problems with CitiFinancial Auto. I refinanced my previous loan with them and got an interest rate 3.5 points lower even with some rough credit. When my company cut my hours a few months ago, CitiFinancial deferred TWO monthy payments for me with no penalty. They are also very good to set up a payment a few days after the 10 day grace period if you only get paid bi-weekly with NO penalty. I'm not doubting what you say but I haven't seen those kinds of problems with them. When I trade vehicles I will apply with them again.

• Sm
    smithmj47601 Oct 05, 2009

Would very much like to be added to law suite. These people have redone my loan back in april for 411.02, I don't know how many times they ended up taking out 568 out of the account after that, which put my account in a negative balance. Look I know I don't have much but when they continually do this and it ends up taking your gas money. I mean come on! They have done this to the point of my bank actually calling them and speaking with a rep. My bank rep said she had never in her life seen anything like this. One guy will call, "hey we'll work with you, just pay this amount and you're current, we'll get you a deferrment".. you do that and a week later end up getting another call. Hey you owe such and such amount, but if you pay this, you can qualify for deferrment. I'm thinking what the heck are these using for data-base backup??? Don't they have systems to record these transactions and if they do, can they not communicate with each others servers?? I am at my wits end..

• Ab
    abramarie Oct 01, 2009

I would like to be added to any law suite against Citi Financial Auto.
    They are rude, they have created opportunities to add bogus fees to my payments.
    I have attempted over and over to contact someone with the authority to make a difference but have been told that I have to go through collection dept. They are only interested in
    bullying and dragging information out of you to use against you.
    This all started with a payment that I sent in a form of cashier check.
    They started calling and harnessing me saying I had not made that months payment.
    they required my bank to send proof on three occasions showing that they had gotten my payment and had cashed the check. It took three months for them to at last admit that they had gotten the payment however my credit was dinged with a 90 day late pay and they were charging me additional fees. MZ BROWN was a nightmare. Calling me over and over both my cell and home, At work. Ive been hung up on berated, and Ive been lied to. I can not deal with this company it is ruining my health.

• Ry
    RyanMJustin Oct 01, 2009

yeah, i would like to get in on this too! They mail the statements so late, that by the time they get my payemnt all of it goes to interest. So then i started to do 2 phone payments a month and that help, except you can only do 2 payments in one month, so if its a long month your screwed. My last statement had 3 $250 dollar payments and only 12 bucks went to the balance! Im refinancing through a different company, but i want the ### to pay! I would love to join in on law suits i can.

Ryan M Justin

• Mh
    mharriel22 Sep 20, 2009

Please count me in too. I am so frustrated with Citifinancial Auto. I have made all my payments on time for the last 2 yrs. I have proof that I made my payments on time via my online banking. Citi placed a 30 day late in May as well, which reported this month 9/09. I have spoken with 3 supervisors, one of which told me they would remove the 30 day late reporting. I called back the following day as he requested and he just avoided my calls. I am definitely in.

Melissa

email- [email protected]

• De
    debbie57 Sep 09, 2009

please count me in. I have had a loan through Citi for almost 2 years. It has been a night mare from jump street. I woke up this morning to find my car gone. I have paid my payments All of them and have proof of the payments. They say they can't find 3 of my payments. So when I made Aug payment I made it a week late. Well apparently when I made the payment late. It went in to a liquidation dept and the came and got it. I have delt with this for to long and now I have no car. They told me last Oct it was taken care of and fixed. Then again in April when they for some reason still can't find the payments. I have talked to several people and everyone tells me the same story. Its my responsablity to find my payments... How is that when they clear my bank.. The want copies of my cancelled checks.. Well even though I sent them a physical check it clears my bank as a ACH Debit.. where is my check ? I don't get them, even the lady from the bank told the lady on the phone for Citi. there is not way to get a copy of the check when its a ACH DEBIT... I am sick of this and now I have no car .. where do I go from here ? Debbie
    email [email protected]