The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Citifinacial — $5,000 Loan jacked up to $10,000 due to interest
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
My father took the loan for me originally in order to buy a car for me. It was a $5, 000 cash loan. I don't know the interest and I don't know the details, I just remember telling him I didn't want it and he got it anyway. The car cost us $3, 500 and Ive paid about $3, 500 in repairs, replacing parts and getting it back on the road 3 times.
Well with Interest over 5 years I owe CitiFinacial $10, 000 total.
I make payments of $222.00 a month which is the minimum as its all I can afford.
A few months after the original loan he took another $1, 200 I think which added more interest of course but again I don't know the details
After about 2 and a half years of payments I'm down to $6, 409.96
Now my complaint is, was it right and legal for them to give us a loan of $5, 000 and then add $5, 000 in interest? That seems to be 100% interest and I thought that was illegal. Am I right in thinking this or should I just suck up the biggest mistake of my life and keep giving these crooks my money?
More Citifinacial Complaints & Reviews
- Citifinancial Auto - Citifinancial auto breaks the law with reposessions
- Citifinancial - They do not have an area to check your account balance.
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Citifinancial jeopardizing my reputation
- Citifinancial Auto Loan - Treated like deadbeats!
- Citifinancial Auto - Title misplacement
- Citifinancial - Online & pay by phone method
- Citifinancial - Branch manager being very rude and not nice at all.
- Citifinancial - Removes money from my account even after Loan is paided off
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Unauthorized charges
- Santander / Was Citifinancial Auto - Reposessed my vehichle