[Resolved] CIC - Triple AdvantageUnauthorized withdrawal

I thought i was signing up for a free credit report and now for 3 months they have been charging my bank account almost $20.00. I do not use it and feel I should get my money back. I cannot even find a phone number or even a contact me or an e-mail. I do not have the money for it and I do not even use it. Like i said i thought i was getting my one time free credit report.

Beware!

• Resolution Statement

Lisa Goines Dec 19, 2006

CIC is billing me monthly for a service I do not use, do not need and can't seem to stop. I will call them, write them, report them to the BBB and to the attorney general. Shame on CIC!

Sarah Smith Dec 28, 2006

I've been having the same problem. Call the FTC and file a complaint. They can't do much on an individual complaint; however if they keep hearing from people with the same issue they can take action.

Chelsea Lugert Dec 29, 2006

The same bs happened to me...I got charge $12.95 for a service I have NEVER used....BOGUS!

• Yo
    yolanda amezcua Jan 02, 2007

I never authorized a charge of 12.95 to my credit card.

• Vc
    V. Champion Jan 05, 2007

Same here, I can't even call them since we are overseas, never received the pin code by mail from them to get the free credit report now I get charged for something I can't use at all RIP OFF!!!

• Da
    Dawn D Jan 09, 2007

I also have noticed 2 unauthorized charges on my credit card from this company. How do they get this billing information? I will fight to the death, they WILL refund my money!

• El
    Ellen And David DeNormand Jan 11, 2007

They have been deducting 12.95 from my acct for months, wont listen wont stop, I have called the attorney General since we never authorized this deduction.

• Me
    Melissa Jan 11, 2007

This is all because of freecreditreport.com The "free" credit report is good for 30-days, and after that point, you're charged $12.95 per month for it. This for me has been going on for 3 months now. I'm in the process of disputing it with my Visa card company as well as with CIC. They are actually located not too far from where I'm living. I'm tempted to show up at their doors with all the complaints! I'm trying to get out of this too. Nice to know I'm not alone!

• Re
    reshan chaminda wijesingha Jan 16, 2007

Last month I went to freecreditreport.com and I received my credit report. Now there is a charge of $12.95 from cic triple advantage in my credit card. I would like to know why I have been charged for free credit report. Somebody, please send me an e-mail and let me know the reason or put my money back into my credit card. Thank you.

• Ra
    ralph simmons Jan 18, 2007

Notified this company 3 times to cancel my subscription to this company and they continue to bill my amer ex card monthly 12.00!

Lindsay Jan 25, 2007

If you don't have the number to call and cancel the service its 877-481-6825.

• Da
    Danny Paul Mabery Sr. Jan 25, 2007

I am so sick of this company continuing to take money from my checking account for something I did not order and had not received anything from. This is extremely frustrating and costly and has been going on for months now. What can I do to finally get this stopped? Please Advise!!!

Joan M Craig Jan 27, 2007

I just looked at my credit card charges and was charged 12.95 for a service I did not request or want. I want this charge stopped and refunded. How do I do it? Please help!

Joan Craig

Mark D. Van Horn Jan 27, 2007

Same here. I got to stop this.

• Na
    Nancy Muniz Jan 30, 2007

I just called this number 1-877-481-6825 to cancel something I didn't even request. I will check the beginning of the month to make sure that I don't get charges again. I encourage you all to call the number and cancel regardless if you requested the information.

• De
    Deb Harstad Jan 30, 2007

I just discovered this morning that I have been charged 12.95 for the last three months for a service I never requested or wanted. I just called to cancel but since they don't give confirmation numbers that this actually happened, I am very skeptical. I guess I have to wait a month and see if it shows up again. My credit card said they can't do anything to stop it. Argh!

• Ti
    Tim Hong Jan 31, 2007

Someone need to stop them, CIC is worse than robbers! People work hard for their money and awful people like CIC just taking all of them alway monthly, sad.

Lindsay Roberts Feb 01, 2007

The previous 14 people said it all! I have been fighting this for 2 months now and have not gotten anywhere.....card company says they can't do anything. Will try the phone number furnished in one of the post but am not optimistic about the results.

Linda Marshall Feb 05, 2007

I agree with all the email. I am being charged by this company and I did not ask for this service or sign and agreement to this. What can I do to stop this transaction.

Linda Marshall Feb 05, 2007

I have the same problem with CIC Triple Advanta charging me every month for something I did nit ask for. Bottom Line what can I do to stop this?

• Ho
    Holly Gafford Feb 05, 2007

I just cancelled, hopefully it will not show up again. here's the number i called: 877-481-6825

They have a lot to say when you try to cancel and it was very difficult to understand them. Make sure you get a c0nfirmation number so if the charge comes up again you can refer back to it.

Good luck!

• Jj
    JJones Feb 06, 2007

Yes, i have also been scammed by this wonderful company..... The bad thing is i dont even remember signing up for it. We should all do something about this. I'm sure we could make this hold up in court or something... someone get back to me if you can help me out here...lol

• De
    Deb Harstad Feb 07, 2007

There is hope guys!!! I just checked my credit card and after discovering these charge last week, immediately canceling the "subscription" that I was not aware of signing up for (1-877-481-6825) and emailing the company......I have been refunded the $38.85 that was charged to my card.

• Er
    eric Feb 08, 2007

I had never applied to this company and they scammed or hacked my debit card.

• Ju
    Justin Feb 09, 2007

These people are ridiculous! i just checked my account and had 2 charges from them! I called them up and they tried to tell me it was my fault for not canceling a "30 day" trial.

I demanded they close my account, and was transferred around. Finally I got a female employee who was nice and it sounded like she must take several of these calls per day. She canceled my account and said she could only refund 2 months of "service" to my account. Luckily I was only charged for 2 months. What a scam! Call 877-481-6825 to get rid of them!

• Te
    Teresa Raymond Feb 13, 2007

Charged my credit card 2 times for credit services i did not need or want. I called and they told me I signed up for service. I never used or needed this service. Charged twice @ $12.95 each.

• Th
    The1Mia Feb 13, 2007

This happened to me too. I still don't know how to stop it.

• Po
    Porscha Lucio Feb 13, 2007

Yep, same problem here. Anyone get them to go away yet?

• Ka
    Kam Gorman Feb 14, 2007

Just be careful even after you cancel-I am on my 3rd attempt. The charges stop temporarily and then they just start appearing again-it really is the strangest thing. I filed a complaint with the BBB-hopefully they can stop it.

• Je
    Jen Feb 15, 2007

I searched them on the Better Business Bureau. They have had 2415 complaints, not to mention several law suits against them in the last 36 months. Somehow they managed to still score a 'B' though.

Unfortunately, for most of you, they have managed to cover themselves by putting a huge clause in their terms and conditions, as well as making it front page news that when you sign up for your free credit report, you are enrolling in a trial of Triple Advantage.

The good news, their terms and conditions also incude the following:

'Should you choose to discontinue your membership for any reason before expiration of the then applicable membership term for which you have paid, you may cancel your membership and terminate further billing by calling the toll-free number listed on this Web Site.' The number listed is: 1.888.888.8553

So, if you have called to cancel and they bill you again, they are breaking federal and state law. If you are planning to call in the future, get the full name, extension, title, whatever information you can from the person you get in contact with. Also tell them they need to send you an email immediately with the cancellation notice. If they refuse, sue the ever-living crap out of them, because they are not allowed to deny giving you proof of termination of a contract in writing under any circumstance. Once you have your proof, if your credit card is charged again, hire yourself an attorney and take them down.

Phone numbers:
    (877) 481-6826
    (949) 567-3800
    (866) 408-4016

Names:

Robert Fosmire, Vice President Customer Care (PRIMARY CONTACT)
    Email: [email protected]
    Ty Taylor, President/ECD
    Ed Ojdana, Group President

• Na
    nancyinvt Feb 17, 2007

Totally lame! Found a charge on the credit card and had NO idea what it was for-- still don't know. Know that the charge is associated with "free credit report.com" website, but that's about all. Just want it gone. The number 877-481-6825 connects to an office that is open M-F 6:00-6:00pm, so don't call on the weekend.

• Ni
    nick Feb 20, 2007

I just checked my online statement to find 3 charges. On 1/24, there was a charge of $12.95 by "cic triple advantage" -- on 2/14 there were TWO charges, another 12.95 by cic triple advantage and one for $9.95 from "cic credit monitoring" -- are these all the same company? And is there a way to cancel and make sure i don't get charged $80 like others have reported?

John Feb 20, 2007

I checked a credit card that I don't really use anymore and saw the dreaded charge for $12.95 on my account for CIC*Triple Advantage. I have never seen it before, but evidently, they've been charging me since November when I signed up for the free report. The day I signed up for the report, I called in to cancel it because I didn't want to get charged, but they must still be charging me. ARGH! I also have an unknown charge for $9.65 from EPI 8666378815 CA (ADVERTISING SERVICES)...don't know if that's related or not. How frustrating!!!

Mad Man Feb 21, 2007

I so sick of this triple Bull S&*# charging my account twice every damn month.

John Feb 21, 2007

Update: I called the 877-481-6825 number and got a hold of a customer representative. I told them that I called to cancel my membership right after I got my free credit report, but they continued billing me, even though I didn't authorize that. She said according to her records that I signed up for a monthly service, and I told her I absolutely did not do that. I told her I wanted my account closed, and I wanted a refund immediately. She said they could only give up to a $25 credit from there, and I asked how I could get the rest of those funds back. She said I would have to contact their Consumer group to request that. Here's the address:

Consumer Info / CRG
    Po box 19729
    Irvine, CA 92623-9729

The lady was actually helpful and didn't argue or anything (which customer service people shouldn't anyway). So, if you have these charges, and you didn't authorize them, call the number, demand that they cancel your account immediately and refund the unauthorized charges. Then, mail the Consumer Info group your request for the rest of the unauthorized charges (not sure what you need to include in this). Good luck, everyone.

• Le
    Leslie Yancey Feb 21, 2007

I request my credit reports and credit score from this company last April. I started paying off the credit card I used to receive this report and had not used the credit card since.

I decided to look over my credit card statement last month and realized that I have been billed charges since last May. I have not received any monthly reports from this company. I have this service from my bank and they give monthly activity reports. Can I dispute these charges with my credit card company or can the company just discontinue charging my credit card.

Jamie Taylor Feb 22, 2007

Well, it looks like they went up on their charge. I have noticed a $14.95 charge on my debit card for three months. I called to cancel and they wanted my card no. and SSN. I did not feel comfortable giving it to them, because I could not get any information as to what this charge was in regard to. I never signed up for a service with them. My bank told me to cancel my debit card and they would give me a new number. A little inconvenient, but no more charges.

• Wi
    William S. Curry Feb 22, 2007

On or about February 22 of 2007 there was a 12.95 fee taken out of my bank account that I did not authorize & would appreciate it if it would be credited back ASAP. Thank You!

• Ro
    Rob Lamb Feb 22, 2007

After 45 min on the phone calling 1-877-481-6825. I hung up and called 1-888-888-8553 got someone right away. I got the run around transfered several times and was told that I would have to check out my report before canceling. After finally being told its taken care of and that I would have until the 1st to view my report it would be closed. BOOM one final question I asked is it closed I was told no I would have to call back to do that I understood how they SCREW you now. I said NO close it cancel it done with it what ever term you understand I want it done now I have been dealing with this for over 45 min and your pissing me off so deal with it now.... Finally I was put on hold for a moment and then told that my account is closed.... we will see what happens on the 1st

Sara Feb 24, 2007

For those of you who would like a phone number for these people, I just called them. It is 1-877-481-6825. I only got refunded two months of my recurring credit card charge of 12.00, however they gave me an address to write and try to get the rest back.

It is Consumerinfo/crg
    P.O. Box 19729
    Irvine, CA 92623-9729

I hope this helps

I know it is frustrating
    God bless you all

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices