Chrysler Dodge Jeep sales — fraud
When I purchased a 2006 Dodge Caravan from Maple Ridge Chrysler for $17, 600. on April 2, 2008, they proved to be devious, dishonest and untrustworthy. Prior to the sale, they were over friendly, driving me to and from their lot, offering me hotdogs, coffee and even paying for my lunch. But BEWARE: To facilitate a tough sale, they pledged, "SATISFACTION OR YOU CAN RETURN THE CAR, UP TO ONE MONTH." Freeway speeds produced abnormal road noise, and the upholstery reeked with cigarette smoke, so I returned the car. The dealership was not concerned about the problem, but they were very happy to find me another car. But here is the rub: They steeply depreciated my Dodge Caravan to $13, 000, a 27% loss. They stood to make a huge profit on the initial sale, on the devalued return car, and on the exchange car. This is a very profitable scam. I backed away from this deception. They called me at home several times during the next week pleading with me to complete the sale, and even offered to cancel the exorbitant documentation fee. Another unethical procedure, was to pad the invoice with unwanted or unknown fees such as extended warrantee, nitrogen fee for the tires, exorbitant documentation fee and a $299."go green" fee which I believe is illegal. Moreover, they tried to skip out on BCAA protesting the vehicle before sale. They reneged on advertised gifts (trip to Mexico and a barbeque grill), as well as a car wash, engine shampoo and spot painting scratches. The general manager had a bazaar way of responding to my complaints. He changed the subject, offered me hot dogs and coffee, then ran off to a meeting. Moreover, he and the CEO would not reply to my letters. This dealership has been in business only 3 years, but has had 16 complaints lodged with the BBB of BC. So, BEWARE!
More Chrysler Dodge Jeep sales Complaints & Reviews
- 2005 Chrysler town and country - spare tire storage area.
- 2005 Chrysler Town & Country - defective brakes
- Chrysler Pacifica - sub frame rust
- Maple Ridge Chrysler Dealer - fraud truck service
- Chrysler - extended warranty
- Chrysler - 2013 chrysler 200 limited no passenger side heat
- Wilde Dodge/Chrysler - service department
- Chrysler - transmission has a hard bump
- Stockton Chrysler Jeep - bad deal made with stockton chrysler jeep
- Chrysler - 2015 jeep cherokee limited wheels staining