Menu

Chrysler Capital  -  Refund of interest

D
Author of the complaint
4:02 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I paid off my loan on 6/18/2021. The amount I sent was quoted to me as the pay off balance but there was more interest accrued than needed by the date it was paid off. The over payment was $71.36.
I called 6/29 and was told the refund would be issued.
On 7/22 I sent a message on the website that the refund never arrived.
I called on 7/27 was told the refund was sent on 7/13. Suggested I wait more time for it to arrive.
I called on 7/30 informed them that the check still hasn't arrived and they said they would then order it to be reissued.
I called on 8/20. I was told it was re-issued to wait again.
I called on 8/24. I was told a request for the re-issue was never made and it was actually never reissued in August. that a request to reissue would be done and I would receive a follow up call the next week.
As of today, 9/7 I never received a call and I never received a check.
I called on 9/7 and asked to speak to a supervisor. I spoke to Jake #01173. Confirmed a request for reissue was done on 8/24 but it was sent to Accounts Payable to clearance that the original check has never cleared. As of 9/3 Accounts Payable hasn't responded so the reissued check has not been done.
Jake also explained that once the check is reissued, he has been told that it takes 30 to 35 days for the customers to receive it in the mail. (October?)
He is asking the Executive office to reach out to me in 3 to 5 business days concerning the refund status.
Isn't this just nuts!

Update by Dhnat
Sep 08, 2021 5:03 pm EDT

Received my refund today. The check was dated 7/13/21 (the original refund date) However, the postage was dated 9/1/21. The check was held until 9/1 so all those calls that it went out and is taking 30 to 35 days for the post office to deliver was all a scam. I am filing a complaint with the Federal Reserve for their investigation of Chrysler Capital Financial and their practices.

More Chrysler Capital complaints & reviews

Chrysler Capital - lease return fee
Chrysler Capital - lien release
Chrysler Capital - payoff
Chrysler Capital - harassing me for my payment that was not late
1 comments
R
Nov 15, 2021 7:34 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was just reading all the complaints. The complaints I was really interested in was the payoff of a vehicle and how soon the overpayment (my money) would be returned to me. Since the overpayment I made was over a thousand dollars (Chrysler is my only creditor that wont allow cancelling a payment) I am more concerned now that Chrysler will invent a way not to repay their debt. I received an offer from Carmax for my vehicle that would result in several thousand dollars coming back to me. I was about to accept the offer so I could buy a new 2021/2022 Ram 1500 but after seeing all the complaints I think I'll see if there's a better way to go, like a Credit Union. Although I've never had a problem with Chrysler, you are not allowed to cancel a scheduled payment, I strongly urge consumers to contact their own banks or Credit Unions. Credit Unions are more flexible than you may think. You DO NOT have to accept Chryslers Terms and they should be the last to consider. I know I'm done

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

195 complaints