Chrono24chrono24.com scam

J Review updated:

Warning to everyone looking to buy a watch on chrono 24- DONT

I have just had the very bad misfortune of being defrauded out of over $12, 000.00 from a fraudulent seller on chrono 24. The site has knowingly allowed this fraudster to advertise and con people. The AD is still up even though I have sent many emails to Chrono 24 and calls.

I bought a rolex off a seller, wired the funds and for days they kept on making excuses the money had not arrived when it had. I became to get suspicious when after they claimed they received funds they kept on making excused about sending the courier tracking number.

I proceeded to pose as another buyer setting up a different email and contacted the seller again who declared the watch was still available. The exact same one, same serial number etc. I then offered the seller a 90 per cent discount on what I had paid and the seller agreed on that price.

This was a immediate red flag and I knew I had been screwed. I am now being totally ignored by chrono 24 and the seller am 12 k out of pocket.

How can this web marketplace allow fraudsters to easily operate without doing proper dd on their sellers.

How can this website not even assist in helping out a defrauded customer...

Do not risk buying through this site.

UPDATE- Since chrono24 response here

I have now been in contact with chrono 24

Their response to this situation was "well this is embarrassing " .
They will take no responsibility for this, they hold no insurance for occasions like this. Their fraud prevention tools, as told to me one the phone was " we sometimes get some of our advertisers to take a photo of their watch sshowing a certain time "

Are they f***** serious. This is meant to be a site specializing in selling very high end jewelry and watches and their fraud scrubs are worse than craigslist or gumtree.

I explained to them they should perhaps consider investing in a system that would check who their advertisers were seeing as a few cases like this could bankrupt their marketplace.

So they have kindly removed the fraudsters Advert and said its good now we know he wont do this to anyone else... Ive never heard something so amateur and ridiculous.

They refuse to hand over the details of their advertiser who has stolen my money saying they need to protect their advertisers.

Again I stress to anyone who is considering buying a item on Chrono24

• Bo
    bobbyOddsocks Jun 23, 2020

I was looking to sell my watch - Chrono24 gave me a valuation which I thought was OK, so I put it on the site. Within an hour a buyer from "www.zeitauktion.com" offered me less for it - after doing research I found that zietauktion is owned by Chrono24 both German companies.

So the site that valued it is now offering me less through a subsidiary, another hour later I get an even lower offer from another german "dealer", at this point I feel I'm being manipulated into taking the medium offer, just got a feeling something is not right.

• Da
    DakotaXu May 25, 2020

I am so glad that I have read all these complaints because I wanted to buy a very very expensive watch costing upwards of $85, 000 through Chrono 24 and now I will not do so after reading all these horror stories.
    One of their reps had contacted me and after I told him how I just do NOT trust doing business online he kept assuring me that the site was safe. Still I kept telling him that I prefer to physically walk into a store to buy a watch and that I can’t be convinced to either send a watch online to sell it OR send money online to buy a watch. Eventually he lost interest in me ha ha

• Da
    Daciu May 08, 2019

Hello, somebody managed to recover the money in a way or another? I'm in the same situation now and maybe somebody did it. Thanks

• Pb
    P. Bruegger May 01, 2019

As a private seller I shipped an expensive Rolex Daytona beginning of March 2019 to the U.S. Watch was well received and in excellent condition. I have been waiting now for 6-8 weeks!! for the funds to be transferred to my account. I have even been ordered by Chrono24 to send money to the buyer due to a platform mistake in the process, imagine this, as a seller I am short the watch, missing the funds AND should send more money. They have not responded to numerous Emails from my side, very unprofessional. Again no mistakes made on the buyer or seller side, pure Chrono24 Mess-up with no riskfree solution suggested by them. I am grateful for feedback and reviews, as I will take legal action now.

• Pr
    ProcessoR MX Feb 01, 2019

The incorrect was sent first. Totally different model than the advertised one.
    Had to be sent back for a cost, which, I have not been reimbursed yet.
    The second time shipped, it was delayed for a week and not as described, couple of strap links missing, extra links had to be shipped again.

I have waited for a total 2 months until I have the correct item I originally ordered.
    And still not reimbursed for the shipment cost.

Chrono24 has been of no help whatsoever. Every contacts are directly to the seller.
    Even slower response than the seller.

• St
    ST King Oct 26, 2018

Do not buy from them!!!
    I just lost more than 5K!!! The watch was a fake one and the Chrono24 staff are not helping and very mean!
    They told me they are a German Company, and US law will not protect buyers!!!

• Am
    AM5241 Jul 27, 2018

Same here. Just bought a watch on the Chrono24 App. Paid $750, nothing ever came in the mail. They said it was lost in transit and there was nothing they could do about it. Everyone do yourselves a favor and go to an actual dealer, this site and app is likely a scam or prone to outside dealers scamming patrons. Proceed with CAUTION

Marco DiRosa Jul 27, 2017

Misleading site, i bought a watch from them that i never received.
    Just a bunch of scambugs.
    Be aware!