Choice Home Warrantychoice home warranty

I agreed to a 5-year home warranty plan on my home and on my vacation condo totaling $4, 200 ($2, 100 for each policy). I paid by credit card. Within 3 days, I called to cancel both policies and was told I would receive a refund within 30 days. I followed up exactly 30 days later. I was told that checks were sent; however, they were mailed to my vacation condo, 4 hours away. I asked if the checks could be canceled and my credit card credited or checks be reissued. I was told it could take 90 days to process my request and that I would be charged $30 cancellation fee for each check. Mailing the checks to the wrong address is not my error, so charging me to cancel the checks is wrong in so many ways. Why wouldn't Choice simply credit the credit card? My credit card bill is due in 10 days, but I'm on the hook to pay my bill or incur interest and late fees. I don't recommend working with Choice when their business practices are so antiquated. It appears they only want to keep as much of your money as they possibly can.

Da