Menu
Chipotle Mexican Grill
reviews & complaints

Chipotle Mexican Grill
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

586 complaints
18 resolved 568 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Chipotle Mexican Grill. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
10:09 am

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Poor quantity

I love chipotle and Menlo they give a lot of food but here at George street location I ordered a Veggie and chicken bowl, the rice is less (which is fine) but she gave me very little veggies and the pan barely had any left instead of refilling the veggies she gave what was the leftovers (brunt) and barely picked up any with the serving tongs, very disappointing. I told her to out cheese (she forgot..REALLY!). What am i paying money for seriously very less quantity,
Menlo Park Mall and North Brunswick dint do this, Why Here?
Location - George street New Brunswick
Date - 1/18/17
Need Refund
Order # 248
Amount 17.00

J
7:27 pm

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Wrong order and horrible service

I placed an order online for pickup for 9:30. I got there at 9:30, there was nobody in line and our food was not even started to be ready. The workers just stood around while we waited for our food. We received our food at 9:50 and the worker did not even say sorry for the wait or anything. I ordered a bowl and 2 burritos and 2 bags of chips with salsas. I received 1 bowl and 1 burrito and 1 bag of chips with no salsa. After a half hour drive home I opened the bag and noticed all these items were missing. I'm requesting a refund for the burrito I paid for but did not receive and the chips and salsa I did not receive.

G
9:53 pm

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Cashier/behaviour

The food was good it was a late dinner with my daughter 12/03/2016 the cashier Ana Order #525 on 2280 Lone Star Dr Sugar Land, Texas 77479, ruined my appetite just over a simple drink "I had asked her for a grapefruit Izze drink and a pomegrade drink but I tough the "Blackberry Izze" was pomegrade flavor and she gave me other brand I din not see her grab it then I said "Oh no I meant the Izze"; then she rudely said that one is blackberry when I asked her if it was the same price she could change it for me and she rolled her eyes and turn mad and said "I GUESS NOW IT IS" ... then when she was going to putting my drink away I asked for it back and said to her "Never mind that I did not like your attitude" then when I went to the restroom to wash my hands and came back to eat she was talking to another employee about the issue and she was laughing and she saw me looking at her she continued to tell him and laugh pointing at the drinks "she totally ruined my appetite" before leaving I ask another employee if she was the manager and she said yes, then I just told her I had a complain about her cashiers attitude and explained what had happened and I ask her if glass bottles cost the same price and she said yes, so the cashier could just had exchange the drink for me she said yes I could not belive the attitude and rudeness she gave me.
I always go to this location because its close to my house but I am not sure I would like to see the same cashier again when she did not even apologize while I complained to the manager.

8:26 am

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Chicken bowl

I ordered on line at route 18 new Brunswick, nj on 11/12/2016. we ordered the chicken bowl, and the chicken was actually gummy and not well cooked. I feel that the people working there don't care and its starting to decrease in volume based upon the people that was there. The Halal Place next door is kicking there butts and providing better quality and quantity of food.

Nov 17, 2016 10:12 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Did you ask to speak to someone or have the bowl re-made?

7:00 am

Chipotle Mexican Grill - The seller refused to return money back for the food, which was too bad

I don’t recommend anyone to order food from www.chipotle.com. We bought from them, but the seller delivered expired food and their prices were too high. We contacted the seller and asked to provide refund, because it was mentioned on the website that they guaranteed money back. But the seller was too rude with us and said that he didn’t refund and tried to persuade that his food was good.

7:56 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

chipotle is just about the most discriminating place there is! ive been to 10 different sites completed 10 different interviews and still have not been hired. the managers promised me positions on several occasions and still no luck. i want to speak to cooperate !!! i can not get a whole of nobody i will be taking matters further if nothing is done pertaining this matter.

D
10:52 am

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Store filthy

I love chiplote don't get me wrong my daughter lives in Arlington Virginia and I cannot get enough so when they built the store on miles trip road in hamburg New York I was so happy. I have been there several times. The place is filthy ulk. I ordered a burrito bowl my steak was so tuff I had to throw it out. Even my dog would not eat it. The size of the portion was so small and I asked for everything they hardly gave me any meat or toppings. What's going on...if the waiting area is dirty what's the kitchen like your place in Hamburg is a real turn off.

Aug 25, 2013 11:44 am

The server kept rolling her eyes at me and put a fist ful of cheese and a pinch of lettuce. I could tell she hated her job and just threw things in when I asked. Oh and if you want salsa on the side, don't bother to ask. They charge you extra for that...even though I didn't get guac.

M
12:40 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been going to this chipotle since I started working right behind there. My coworkers and I always order online, almost everytime our orders are wrong. The attitudes we get from the workers are horrible. I went to corp telling them what was going on but all they did was send free chips and guac. Now let me make this clear. We have never asked for free...

3:46 pm

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Rude and untrained server

Annapolis Chipotle location is well below par of other locations: it is dirty, staff is rude and untrained. The worst Chipotle we visited and we will never go back. I ordered Taco Kit for my son, and server, Ashley, just threw the sides on the taco, and when I mentioned that it is not the way it is supposed to be done, she told me I am wrong, do not know what I am talking about, and told another server to finish her job. I asked to see the manager who confirmed that I was right but otherwise seemed to not realize that the main problem with her staff is that they are very rude, not only untrained. The company seems to lack an efficient quality control.

L
4:17 am

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Avoid at any cost guys

A catchy title? Really? You would like to be entertained as you’re being informed of the disarray one of your stores had fallen into?

I patroned the roseville, mn store on labor day evening and felt like I had walked into a college dorm room! The volume of the music made ordering an episode in pre-laryngitis and our success in finding a clean table was only actualized by a proactive exercise in personal janitorial exercise. The number of straw wrappers and soiled napkins strewn about was pathetic and a blatant representation of mice at play while an indifferent cat was away. Maybe he/she (The boss) was there who knows? I am going to believe…. No.

Lastly, the size of sodapop puddle left unattended for the duration of my trying time within your store was, for me, unprecedented! It comes as no surprise your stock price has plummeted.

Sep 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sounds like Branns in Michigan and Outback anywhere. Those are kiddie places. Kids like that kind of stuff. Thanks for warning me.

C
Sep 06, 2012 9:27 am

Don't complain get up and walk out.

O
7:00 pm

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Grasshopper in burrito

I found a bug/grasshopper thing inside of my chicken burrito! I bit into it and chewed. Felt as though it didnt taste right so I spit it out and finished the rest of the burrito. Upon further inspection, it turned out to be an actual full bug! I took pictures of it on the foil and everything! That * is not right and I feel like i'm going to throw up! I hope to get an immediate response back and I will be sending multiple messages to make sure I get heard. You better hope I dont get a hold of a law suit! Because I feel sick right now!

N

Which Chipotle? My friend had red cubed crayons in her chicken burrito. She called the health department on them and they found more in their chopped tomatoes. You damm right she's suing. I can get you in touch with her attorney.

Q
3:20 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to purchase a Barbacoa Burrito add guacamole and when the server was rolling it she squeezed out half of the guacamole.I told her and she just passed it to the cashier.I told the cashier what happened and she said its $9usd.She didnt even care I know she doesnt own the business but please she could at least apologize and say here is a cup of guac you...

M
4:47 am

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Bad service, rude females that work there

The chipotle in waterford lakes area in orlando "always" has very rude females working there. Many times me and relatives have been treated badly by these girls. They just have bad attitudes, and make rude remarks to customers...Even the idiot checking us out was rude...It was a really bad experience...Many times...Dont they teach these b*tches how to treat customers or some csutomer service skills?

Y
Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm

I don't even know what this site is but comment is clearly a tirade against women and has nothing to do with a restaurant.
Restaurants often have rude, terrible people working for them.
I agree with fratman. You're an ###, mike. Sounds like you got turned down by a lady at chipotle.

F
Jul 20, 2011 5:25 am

You're an ### Mike.

9:39 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A group of us from work went for Lunch at this Chipotle @ Waukegan. We all got bowls and the quantity of food served by this location is definitely not by Chipotle standards. I hope the corporate guys take a note of this and fix this location. Literally, there were 7 chicken pieces in my bowl. When I got my bowl, more then half the bowl was empty. They...

S
2:30 am

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Food

I got my chicken bowl with only 6 pieces of chicken and with out rice... also my chips with green sales was not ful the container was half ful.

Jun 01, 2011 10:12 am

I picked up a Togo order from chipotle which was a burrito bowl. I start to eat my food when after a couple of bites I find a dead lady bug in my food. And after being grossed out I regained my courage and took a few more bites... To find ANOTHER ladybug.

NASTY!

Apr 18, 2011 6:48 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

did you turn into the incredible hulk?

O
5:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to Chipotle at the Laurel Md location on March 22. I ordered a chicken burrito bowl with everything including the red hot pepper salsa. The bowl looked scrumptious so I dug into it. Not too long after taking several bites, my mouth was on fire. I ran up to the counter and requested water but they said I have to buy the cup. I didnt order a drink...

D
12:33 pm

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Vegetarians beware

On 12/08/10, I ate at the Chipotle in Oak Brook, IL on 22nd St.

I asked to speak with the manager. She was a very short (4'11" Hispanic woman). I am a vegetarian and wanted guacamole tacos. In the past, when I have asked for quacamole tacos, I have ended up with very soggy tomato tacos with a garnish of guacamole. That wasnt what I wanted. I wanted guacamole tacos. So, I told her what I wanted. I wanted an order of tacos. That isn't what she charged me for (unbeknownst to me at the time). She charged me for two tacos, when I expected to get three. At no time did I tell her I wanted to buy my tacos individually. I was charged $2.20 per taco + $1.80 for guacamole (for a total of $6.71 with tax). The guacamole was the main ingredient for my vegetarian tacos. It was not like I was asking for extra garnish. When someone buys meat tacos you do not charge extra for the meat. When I left I was starving and had to go eat lunch someplace else.

Also, the parking spots in the parking spots only left about 14" in between cars. If I lived close to that location, I wouldn't go there anyway, because the chances of your car getting dinged are extremely high.

How is a vegetarian supposed to get what they order and not be overcharged?

B
Dec 10, 2010 2:09 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Chipotle wouldn't have anything to do with parking situation. Most businesses like that lease or rent their property. The responsibility for parking lies with the owner of the property, not the business leasing or renting. You need to give Chipotle a break on the complaint.

I
12:24 am

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Misnomer

I have always been an advocate of the Chipotle Pepper (I capitalize because it is that important). I believe it has a natural blend of spicy and smokey that, possibly, proves the existence of god. So, imagine my surprise when I discover a burrito restaurant down the street from me named "Chipotle". "Dream coming true", I though to myself as I entered the establishment with a giddy spring in my step...

That spring was de-coiled and made less springy (and overall depressed) to discover that this restaurant is mixing the Chipotle Pepper with other, more-inferior peppers. I will not stand for this blending of flavors. If "Chipotle" is going to name itself after the Master Spice than it should be commit to using the Master Spice. Leave those inferior, unclean spices to Taco Bell.

Aug 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Exactly.

Aug 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Brenda- It's the principle of the thing. God holds one pepper above all other peppers. To spend money in an establishment that even hints at spice mixing is out of the question.

fdgfdgfdrtrt3343- Thank you, I've been looking for a place to find affordable [censored]-bag items.

3 comments
N

JazzCat23, I think he failed at both.

N

You should try to break the spice fetish habit. I don't even know why you are that serious about spices let alone a chipotle pepper. Weirdo.

J
Mar 24, 2011 5:42 am

Misnomer - I am no chef or expert, but I have to kindly disagree with you on the quality of chipotle peppers. I think they're a very inferior pepper only useful for the fact it can be grown and harvested in bulk for a very low price. This is why every "family restaurant" from Dennys, Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, etc. as well as fast food yuck-food like McDonald's and Taco Bell is jumping on the bandwagon because the name sounds exotic. I don't like the flavor and I can't see how anyone else can unless they're pretending to be "cultured" (I'm reminded of the nice old cartoon lady that owned Tweety Bird on Merry Melodies floating thru Venice on a Gondola saying, "This is SOoooo cacciatore..." Chicken cacciatore? what? In my (very opinionated) view the peppers are only good for their heat as long as you can mask the flavor, but you could do that with any hot pepper. Jalapeños and banana peppers have far more flavor and if you really need the heat, squeeze a half a habenero in and be done. I don't mean to be a critic.

Well, hell, this is the internet. Yes I do mean to be a critic!

T
6:31 pm

Chipotle Mexican Grill - Staff rudeness

March 1, 2010- I went to Chipotle this location I usually visit once every two weeks-sometimes with my family sometimes it's take out. Well this particular night I decided to order my 2 of a kids bowl along with 5 other adult orders- at the time of placing order I stated what I wanted a kids bowl that included only pork and rice was what caused the issue after fixing all five other orders I was told I could not order a kids bowl to go. It was not what was said but the manner that it was said in I spend at least $130.00 in that Chipotle a month not to mention others in the area- yes I consider myself a loyal customer. But at what poi t do you stop training your staff customer service it took the manager to cone out and fox my order after finding all I wanted was pork and rice for a toddler I was charged for two sides but why isn't this advertise take what is to go and what is eat in. That is why it is called take out- any other restaurant that offers take out they offer the kids meal to go as well. This was embarrassing to me because the staff that only spoke English when it was convient to them decided to embarrass me I order 5 other adit meals you see me and my family in here every month. Please train your staff with better manners! Great food but you need good service to sell it.

1 comment

Perhaps the mix up was due to your high level of illiteracy. Learn how to use the English language properly and perhaps some of these misunderstandings will resolve themselves. Your entire complaint made ABSOLUTELY no sense.

11:45 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This complaint is regarding the rude and emabarisng behaviour i was subjected to while purchasing dinner at Chipotle. I had ordered bowl of vegatarian burrito and a bottle of water which cost me $ 8.70. I had initially paid $7 and then paid the cashier and extra $9 . The cashier had conviniently forgotten that i had paid him $7 and stated tht all I paid him...

Chipotle Mexican Grill contacts