Chesmar Homescustom home

M Aug 19, 2019 Review updated:

The absolute worse company I have ever dealt with. Their contractors are more concerned about getting the jobs done as quickly as possible with literally no attention to detail. During the construction process the contractors messed up the following: Placed the water heaters in the wrong location, had to rerun plumbing and electrical. Placed water softener in wrong location, had to rerun plumbing and electrical. Put outlet in garage in wrong location. Put address placket on wrong side of house. Had to redo the elevation in the front of the house four times even though they had the model in the subdivision to go by. They mortared the entire house in the wrong color mortar and we caught them two times trying to stain over the wrong mortar, and then caught them two times trying to saw a narrow cut in the mortar and then put the right color mortar over it after we were told by the chesmar rep, multiple times, that all blocks would be removed and done over . Put the flood light in the wrong location. Put two wall outlets in the living room in the wrong location. Laid the upstairs bathroom tile in the wrong direction. Completely forgot to insulate the attic--if not for the home inspector it would never have been caught for a long time. Put fan in living room in wrong location which resulted in the electrical floor outlets being put in wrong location. They had to move the fan, tear up tile in living room and I had to settle for having the outlets not exactly where I wanted. Completely forgot to run the low voltage wires for my security system and surround sound. They had to put numerous holes in the wall to run the wire after the entire house had been dried in and painted. The backsplash in the kitchen was done so poorly I was offered and upgrade to make it right. The kitchen island was done so poorly I was offered an upgrade to make it right. When they took off the counter to make the new island, there was rotting food, half empty drinks and an assorted of garbage and scrap wood in the void spot of the island. Several tiles in the living room, extra room and master bath had to be replaced because the installer laid chipped tiles without checking them. Several walls had to be repainted as the painters used bad and or the wrong paint and it did not match the other areas in the house. We were never notified of any inspection for the slab or pre-drywall. I specifically requested to be given advance notice prior to them moving forward as I travel a lot, but each time that request was ignored. Tiles in the master bath had to be replaced because the installer installed chipped tiles. The president of chesmar met me at the house and told me that when he spoke to me on the phone he thought I was a nut because there was no way this much could be wrong, however, once he arrived on the property he acknowledged I had every reason to be upset. For the first time I felt good about chesmar as the president gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him with any other problems or concern. That feeling however didn't last long as the president failed to return my calls when I did have other problems or concerns, one being the rotting food in the island--he simply ignored my calls. Now I'm in the warranty process and have been waiting six months to have things fixed. The communication with the warranty department is so unacceptable it's almost sad. Weeks go by without getting a response even though I'm told I would get weekly updates and when I do get a response, I get attitude. One contractor came out to fix a corner pop as part of the warranty process and made it worse than it was. When I emailed the warranty department to tell them, one month went by without no word from them until I emailed them again only to be told they were trying to get someone back out, which still has not been completed, three months later. My front door had to be replaced from warping only to find out it was because the door frame was not installed level. Waiting for them to fix the inside and outside trim around the door now. In the master bath toilet room, there was a lump in the wall that stuck out approx. two inches. This was a result of poor placement of a pipe. Two times it was reported and two times the plumber installed the pipe sticking out too far, then they installed the dry wall over the lump, and then they painted over the lump, only to have to fix it again. Several of the stones that were used to make my flower beds came loose and had to be fixed. I had one worker come out today to fix three sections of stones that were rocking and all he did was put mortar between the cracks of each stone, never once removing the stones to put more mortar under the stones, which of course resulted in the sections still rocking. Almost every time someone has come out to fix something it had to be redone. I wasn't going to write a review at all as it's not something I normally do, however, with the level of incompetence, laziness, rudeness and flat out horrible work ethics I felt I had to. In fact, it is so bad I had to write chesmar to tell them I would be seeking legal action if my warranty issues are were completed from this point forward in a timely manner. I know there are many more items I'm forgetting to add, but I'm sure after reading this you'll get the gist of how bad this company is. If you're looking to buy a custom home, avoid this builder like the plague.

• Br
    Brendia Cade Feb 19, 2021

Chesmar homes build the worst product I have every lived in, I'm sorry I let the sales person talk me into buying this crap. Everything about this town-home is poorly done. I now have leaks in my bathroom, cracks in the title. Its a shame that people can't do the right thing. The lawn is poorly sodded, sprinkler system not working properly, garage floor stained when we moved in no one addressed it, our floors have paint dropping on them, no one addressed this either. I hate I moved out of my nice house into this piece of crap.