Chesmar HomesFaulty product

A

We are having serious issues with our Chesmar home i.e, cracks in the molding around most of our doors, holes appearing on both front and back porches, doors that won't close properly, windows that are pulling away from the casings with cracks at least 1/4 of a inch thick. We purchased our home in April; we are already having these significant issues. The company has been very slow and unresponsive to our issues. I would seriously think twice about buying a Chesmar home; I would not purchase this product if I were given the chance to do it over again.

chdoc Jul 09, 2012

This reply is on behalf of Chesmar Homes. We regret any time one of our homeowners has a concern. We are working with this homeowner to resolve their concerns.

• So
    Southeastview Aug 22, 2012

I believe that this corporation was unresponsive to the unmet needs of this consumer. I am searching for a new house in The Woodlands, and will not consider Chesmar Homes. Thank you for your posting and warning. "Buyer Beware".

• Di
    Disappointed New Home Owner Sep 21, 2012

We purchased our Chesmar home in November of 2011 and have been nothing but disappointed since. Warranty issues, when dealt with at all, are handled poorly with slow to no response in most of our situations. We are well versed in the attitude that Chesmar just does not care. We are now 10 days into what was supposed to have been a 4 day project where they had to TEAR OFF ALL THE BRICK FROM THE FRONT OF MY HOUSE because of a construction defect!!! And I still cannot get any answers on when it will all be done. Anybody know that saying "the check is in the mail" well that is pretty much how they handle warranty service. Now the carpet issues that I have been reporting since January are being blamed on my dogs. Apparently they are the reason that it is coming apart at every seam. Save yourself some time, money and grief and shop elsewhere because Chesmar is nothing short of despicable.

chdoc Sep 27, 2012

This reply is on behalf of Chesmar Homes. We regret whenever a homeowner is frustrated due to repairs at their home. These repairs are now complete and we apologize for any inconvenience.

• Go
    goldendeal Mar 21, 2013

Chesmar Homes consist of conceded individuals as well as the company as a whole. Was considering a purchasing a home in Cinco Ranch area, made an offer only a couple thousand dollars less than what were asking since it had less upgrades (most upgrades I wanted are not upgrades with other builders) ...They declined my offer and to add insult to injury they added 1000 dollar premium on the lot I was considering because it supposedly is 4 feet wider than the others... My experience with Chesmar Homes is they will nickel and dime you to death...offer absolutely no incentives and could care less if you, the customer are happy. I went with another builder and they bent over backwards for me. Going above and beyond what is expected. It was a total 360 turn around from what I experienced with Chesmar. I do not recommend Chesmar, unless you want to feel insulted and frustrated during the whole home buying process. Glad my money went to a builder that appreciates my business instead of Chesmare who seem they couldn’t care less...now I see they do shotty work as well, , , stay away from Chesmar Homes ..far away!!

Analee Jun 11, 2014

Stay away from Chesmar homes They sell over priced paper homes. I discovered issues after living in the house for ONE month! I purchased my new home in June 2013 and still a year later i have major issues. They hire cheap contractors who are not competent to complete the job right the first time and end up coming back to make corrections. They have extremely poor attention to detail and go as far as trying to blame the home owner for some issues. Buyer Beware is an understatement.

• Ju
    justin watkins Jun 17, 2015

Hello, I bought my home September 2014, so far I used the warranty 2 times. The second time was a faulty lock on the front door. Apparently thats not cover BS. The 1st time was not so bad, it did take over a month, and back and forth with contractors arguing whos fault it was with the installation . Once they sell you the home they literally dont follow up, and dont care. I love the area, but I should of done more research.

Justin Watkins
    Eagle Springs

• Th
    The trutht Feb 14, 2017

Chesmar is a big scam they hire people that are ilegal they use fake socials all the people in the office are aware of these thats why they do a miserable job they are getting pay real cheap the owner of chesmar knows that hes employees are not legal to work in the USA Seth tobey knows Vincent rufino knows all of them know