Complaints & Reviews

Charlotte Russewrong item received

I did an order on 8 / 17 / 13, ordered the crochet cutie skinny belt trio in brown combo and the bows combo. I ordered it specially because i loved the bow combo and today i received a different order. I received the brown trio and a blush trio which is totally different from the bow one that i ordered, i noticed that they replaced even online the bow from the blush using the same item number so when i checked and complained about my ordered they said that this was what i ordered, i sent them a picture showing the item that i ordered and i still waiting for their answer because they said that i ordered it when i know exactly what i ordered, i am very dissapointed about that!

wrong item received

Charlotte Russe — declined order

I placed an order with Charlotte Russe online and payed via Paypal. I saw the order confirmation page (thank...

Charlotte Russecustomer service

Charlotte Russe has the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life. I visited the location in maplewood mall 5 times now, and it gets worse every time. I guess that's what happens when you hire a bunch of asian kids. Not only do I refuse to go to another store of theirs, but I also refuse to go to any mall that has a charlotte russe store.

• Re
        retail leader May 16, 2013

Your complaint doesnt stand very well on its own considering the fact that you are pointing out the Asian factor in the store. It would be better if you pointed out behaviors instead since behaviors don't specify a certain nationality, ethnicity, or a particular demographic. Based on your complaint it appears to be that you do not like Asians very much, resulting in a poor experience for you. It could also be that you dislike them so much that you were not so nice to them to begin with. Complaining customers walk into stores and act like they can do whatever they want because they are a payin but, don't realize that we're all human and in order to get respect you need to give respect. Your Asian comment does not earn you a single ounce of respect.

Charlotte Russe — employee swiped my s3 galaxy

I wad with my daughter at north riverside mall today around 6 when she convinced me to buy a blouse from...

North Riverside

Charlotte Russehorrible customer service

This store is an absolute nightmare. The fabric is cheap and tears easily. Most of the clothes at this store are tacky. And although most of the items are cheap-normal priced for the most part, they overcharge some of the ridiculous pieces. I cringe at the name of this store. After not one, but TWO absolutely HORRIBLE experiences here, I cringe every time walking past. I never walk into this store anymore because no good ever comes from it.
      My first situation was with a dress. My homecoming dance was in less than a week and I still didn't have a dress. I went to Charlotte Russe and found one that I thought was okay-looking. It was about fifty dollars, so it was moderately priced. There were only three of them in my size though, and they ALL had make up on them. Assuming I'd be able to get them out at home, I reluctantly purchased the dress with the least amount of make up on. That was my first mistake. I got home, and eventually started becoming iff-y about the dress because as I tried it on in my own house it didn't look as flattering, and I could see that the dress wrinkled up a lot. I also realized that there was WAY MORE make up on it then I'd seen in the store. On the DAY OF homecoming, I went back to the store to return that dress. I talked to a lady who looked maybe over forty, and told her I wanted to return my dress, which still had tags on it, and I showed her my receipt. She checked the dress, and said that she couldn't take it back because of the make up all over it. Keep in mind, I don't even wear make up, so that couldn't have been mine, AND it was there when I tried it on in stores. I told her that the make up all over it was one of the reasons I was returning it. She obviously didn't believe me, because she told me that I wore it. I told her I didn't wear it, and that I was returning it because it didn't fit me right, and because of the make up stains on it. She then REPEATEDLY and CONTINUOUSLY, told me that I had worn it and that it was obvious. She said it with a lot of attitude as well. She even had the nerve to tell me that they would never put out clothes with stains on them, because those kinds of things go straight to a donation box. OBVIOUSLY NOT though, seeing as ALL the dresses had make up stains on them. When I told her I didn't wear it out, she responded, " Well. Obviously someone who wears a LOT of make up tried it on." And I just stood there dumbfounded, thinking... Obviously...
      She THEN, called up a girl behind her, and said with a scoff, " Hey ______ look at this dress. This girl is trying to return a dress with THIS dirt on it." She did this RIGHT in front of me. I finally fired back at her saying, "I did NOT wear this dress out. I bought this for my homecoming, which is TONIGHT, but because of YOUR store, I have to find a new dress before my dance." She glared at me, proceeded to give me even MORE attitude, and told me she'd refund it "just this once", as if it was my fault. Going back was my next mistake.
      My friend told me that she wanted a specific pair of leggings from Charlotte Russe for Christmas, and since she's so close to me, I decided to go back and get it for her. I figured the chances of something bad happening AGAIN had to be small, but I was wrong. Never before had a clerk neglected to give me my receipt, so I never expected to have to check for a receipt. It turns out, that the saleslady FORGOT to put my receipt in my bag, like I'd asked her to do. About half an hour later, I looked through the bag, and realized that she hadn't put my receipt in, and that there were two giant holes in the leggings I'd purchased. I went back to the store WITHIN that hour, and told the lady that I wanted to return the leggings because they were destroyed and that the lady I'd bought them from hadn't given me a receipt. She responded, " You didn't get a receipt? NO. You GOT a receipt." I was in the middle of explaining that I hadn't gotten my receipt, when she RUDELY interrupted saying, " No, no, no. You DID get a receipt, " then she turned the other way to help a different customer, without saying ANYTHING to me. I then tried to talk to another employee there about it, but she had the same attitude and tone of disbelief in my story. I then asked to speak to the manager, who also obviously didn't believe my story, and sent me back out.
      This is really long and probably no one is going to read this, but I just HAD to let this out. This is the absolute worst customer "service" I've ever received. It isn't even service. I think Charlotte Russe should do something different with their policy and stop just hiring anybody. All the workers there have been nothing but immensely rude to me, and after the legging and homecoming dress incidents, I will NEVER go back again. No one in my family is going there either, and I have strayed and warned my friends about them as well. I'm not just judging off of those two incidents either, because I've had MANY incidents beforehand from RUDE charlotte russe employees. It's just that the two I shared with you are the FINAL straws, and I will never go back again.

Charlotte Russerude staff/ manager

I had a negative experience with one of Charlotte Russe's staff in Manassas, Virginia. This branch is located in Manassas Mall, Virginia. The door was open to the public and I did not know that the store was already "closed". There was no visible sign that says that the store was already closed. Most of the stores in the mall were open anyway. I went in, looked around and asked if I could fit a sweater. One staff even asked me if she could help me with anything. I said, "Thank you, but I'm fine." A few minutes later, an African-American lady (The manager? Cashier?) told me, "Do you work here? Are you a customer? Well, she's still shopping!" She gave me a dirty look. I just said "Sorry" and returned the sweater on the rack. The lady was very rude. I would never return to this store again.

• Mo
            mocha29532 Aug 18, 2013

I don't know what's going on with the location at Magnolia Mall in Florence, SC but their level of courteous customer service had plummeted over the past 5 years. The staff are genuinely rude and act like they're just there for a paycheck. In the past 4 times ice had the occasion of shopping in the store in the past 3 weeks I was offered ZERO customer service. I rather drive an hour away rather than deal with poor service.

Charlotte Russe — credit card fraud

Charlotte Russe is being obstructionistic and uncooperative with the Tallahssee Police Department in an...

Charlotte Russerude managers

The managers that work there are horrible, they are not a team and have favorites who they talk ### about with other workers, every one has their own agenda and they dont give a damn about any customer all they care is about is making a sell and that is all!!! They give you hours, take them away saying its because we went over hours but they maintain there 40 hours a week, which they dont use wisely because the store is always dirty, they are all filthy little scavengers, managers are extremely rude to every new hire and you cant ask for help well because they just dont care. They make associates do all the dirty work while they sit behind the register answering personal phone calls, on their personal cell phones, talking to their favorite employes. And etc. They make up new rules every day so you never know what to expect. They are all irrational humans and also they are bipolar!! One day they want to write you up the next they are your best friends, listen its all bologna. And dont even think about getting a raise ha! They'll never let happen unless you have been there for 34 years, licked the managers ### then yea just maybe. If you wanna work here good luck chuck. ,

Charlotte Russe — horrible workplace

I work at Charlotte Russe and thinking that this will be the best place to work at quickly changed my whole...

Charlotte Russeterrible workplace practices

Charlotte Russe has some of the worst scheduling practices in the retail industry today besides other total injustices. Are you fed up with low wages and a lack of respect? Do you know your rights as a retail worker? If you are having difficulties at work or need help to advance in your career contact the RETAIL ACTION PROJECT now for FREE ADVICE AND WORKSHOPS on the retail industry at [protected]@theretailactionproject.org, 646.490.5925 or visit our website www.retailactionproject.org

Charlotte Russe — defective shoe

Style of high heel shoes are Klarisa P-ND. Color is Nude patent. SKU of the heels are [protected]. Wore once to...

Charlotte Russe — broken shoes

Hi, my name is April Graham. Recently I bought some red pumps from Charlotte Russe because I was going to be...

Charlotte Russecustomer serice

friday 24th of june 2011 i was visiting a charlotte russe store, and when i was there i felt very uncomfortable one of the employees an asian american woman mid to early 20's was very rude, and not welcoming at all, seem to be this way to numerous people, doesnt seem like the type of person that should be representing any kind of retail enviornment, has been in this store plenty of times and the attitude this young lady displays has not change rude and unfriendly, this has me second guessing myself about shopping at charlotte russe, other wise my time there was pleasent due to the other friendly employees who seem to be working that day.

Charlotte Russe — bad customer service & leaving sensor tags on clothing

I live in St. George Utah and drove to Las Vegas NV to do some shopping ( 120 miles away), We do not have a...

Charlotte Russeorganization of store

The organization of the Store Charlotte Russe can be slightly improved. Often times it is difficult to find the necessary size of an item. In addition, items that are similar should be placed near each other because it is sometimes hard to find them. When I go to Charlotte Russe I have trouble finding the sizes I need because of this disorganization.

• Pi
                    pinkbubbles458 Jan 19, 2011

This is so true. I think it would be a lot easier if all the sizes were together!

• Fl
                    flia Feb 25, 2011

in retail, that's impossible to keep up with. most stores do size their items after closing, so they're in order in the morning. it's the customers that mess it up. and could you imagine if employees just stopped helping customers for an hour to resize the whole store in the middle of the day? get real.

Charlotte Russe — inappropriate managerial behavior

I want to make someone aware of the behavior of the manager at the Charlotte Russe store in the Oakdale Mall...

Charlotte Russe — store manager

Hello is what I am going to start by saying. I have so many other words I will say about my current...

Charlotte Russereturn

I went into Charlotte Russe several times and purchased several items for Christmas. One trip was to buy my daughter and daughter in law each a pair of boots. The sales clerk was very helpful and made several trips back and forth until we got the boots I wanted. I did have to take a display boot in order to get one of the pairs I wanted. I wrapped them up and both were delighted, except that my daughters boots were too big. Well, when she went to return the boots the sales lady was not even close to being as nice as the one who helped me before Christmas. She would not take the boots back and TOLD my daughter she had worn the boots. I called and tried to tell the lady that they had not been worn but was a display boot. My daughter was in the store when I was speaking to her when she proceeded to put the phone down on the counter. My daughter asked if I had hung up on her and her reply was: "No, I am just tired of listening to her." I have never been treated like this before by a sales clerk, being called a liar, and telling me the shoes have been worn. I will do everything I can to get this complaint to someone who cares enough about this store and its so called ethics. I really don't think they can not take merchandise back and tell me I am a liar, and that my daughter is a liar. I did not get the clerks name although she said she was the store manager. This all occured on the evening of Dec. 30, 2009 at the Mall of La. in Baton Rouge, La. approximately around 8:15pm. My name is Linda and I would appreciate some response that this will be looked into and that I can exchange my daughters boots. Ph# [protected] or [protected]

Charlotte Russe — problem with online's &easy return&

I had the worst customer service experience of my life yesterday at charlotte russe store in westminster, ca...

Charlotte Russe — terrible customer service

I had the worst customer service experience with Charlotte Russe yesterday. First of all, I placed my first...