CertaPro PaintersVery unprofessional

W

I hired Certa Pro painters thinking I was going to get a professional job done..after spending thousands of dollars, I have nothing to show except, paint drippings, paint that appears to be splattered on, missing paint in areas, pimples all over the walls, distinct roller and paint brush marks, repairs that were supposed to be made that were not, or if they were, were unprofessionally done and still quite visible, every room has a problem... not one room in the entire house is perfect or near perfect...I had the franchisee and his manager back in the house to inspect...they agreed on what I showed them, and all I was offered was to "fix" what they didn't do right to begin with...after spending all that money there shouldn't be anything that needs to be "fixed" let alone every room in the house...I do not want CertPro Painters back in my home, they should've stood by their motto and "did the job right the first time"...one of the painters conveniently took a house key I had hanging on a wall, put it in his pocket, "for safekeeping", and when I realized the key was missing, we called the franchisee to find out where the key was, thinking it was placed somewhere in my home, instead we were told the painter had it in his pocket for "safekeeping" so it wouldn't get lost...imagine a professional painter doing this!!! I don't think so. I've asked for at least a refund of half the money, the franchisee led me to believe he would agree, after having his attorney draw up a paper so I can sign it and end the story...today I called him he said his attorney told him not to give me back a dime...meantime thousands of dollars were spent and my home looks like it was never painted. There are so many mars and mistakes, it is impossible for me to mention them all. I did have blue tape all over the house showing where they are and if need be I will be glad to put them right back up again for anyone to inspect. I contacted BBB and Consumer Affairs, but BBB advised me this company would prefer to work their problems out with the customer, but they are not doing that. I need help in trying to get compensated for this unprofessional job. I shouln't have paid him in full, but I didn't realize all the blunders until my house was back to normal and I really inspected the paint job. There are cracks that were supposed to be repaired that were not done and just painted over...I chose Super White color for my ceilings, they didn't use super white, I don't know what was used...I can go on and on but...
I'm hoping that someone will be able to assist me with this problem.

• Je
    jerevan Oct 05, 2009

I'm a contractor and have found that those who are most vocal in their complaints, and their quest to 'get their money back', are those who wanted a perfect job for the cheapest price from the very start.

Did you pay a fair price? You mention thousands of dollars, but that doesn't mean anything. It depends on the size of the job and the condition of the home. How many rooms were painted? How old is the house? Is it possible that some of drips were from previous work? Was the previous work perfect?

You mention that rooms weren't perfect. GOD only is perfect. Are you perfect? Have you ever goofed on something?

Get a grip ... you probably got what you were willing to pay for.

• BTDT2000 Oct 30, 2009

Call CertaPro's main office 1-800-go-certa
    Get an estimate from another painter for how much it will cost to fix the mistakes.
    If it's within the limit of your state's small claims court, take them to small claims court.

• Ju
    Justice4 Dec 08, 2010

I was taken by Certra Pro painter as well. You have every right to complain. I would suggest you take them to small claims court in your area. I have submitted a claim as well. Our concerns are similar. Only differences is Certa Pro painters painted blue tape on my walls, painted my carpet, ceiling, baseboards, courter tops, wood cabinets, left holes in my walls; just to name a few area of concerns. Saddenly, we purchased our house (3000 sq ft) a year earlier. Certra pro was only under contract to paint the walls and nothing elese for and was paid over $2, 000 before the house was back in order. I too learned a valued lesson not to pay anyone until the job is completed. Certa Pro never intended to honor its two year contract they give people in the event something goes wrong with the paint.The funny thing is my paint started peeling off my walls 6 months after Certa Pro painted my house. Not to mention, the painters Certa Pro contracted to paint my house was Mexicans whom smelled liked beer. Neverthe less, please continue to fight against this company. I will not stop until I have justice for my home. Please do not allow anyone to make you feel you did anything wrong. Pictures will be posted at a letter date.