CertaPro PaintersSlopy Unprofessional & Dirty

This was the job from hell. Slopy, unprofessional, and dirty paint equipment.
Broken Light, broken TV. cabinet, paint all over, drips, just down right nasty.

• Ce
    CertaPro Painters of Central CT, LLC May 16, 2011

Response from CertaPro Painters

This is a job we did back in September as I recall. the guys did good work but the client has been diffcult to work with. The job was a few hours from completion and they asked us to stop work because of a family visit and we couldn't get them to let us schedule the rest until December, and then they canceled that. What remains to be done is a finish coat on walls of a small bathroom and spare bedroom. He says there is a holiday in another room that we offered to repaint as well.

Aside from the abrupt cancelation there we 3 issues on the job:
    A wall light fixture was rotated to enable them to paint behind it, they didn't rotate it back straight before the customer pointed it out and to this day calls it a broken light.
    The TV cabinet was moved to paint behind, when put back client noticed a peg was missing that held up a shelf (one of those types with holes drilled every few inches for shelf height, and a metal peg goes in the hole to hold the shelf). We replaced the peg and he continues to claim that we damaged the TV stand.
    When the guys painted the walls against the baseboard molding they found that the molding had been caulked against the wall but the caulk was wavy and uneven. They couldn't cut a straight line against the wavy caulk so they painted the wall paint down onto the molding and painted all of the baseboard molding to create a straight line.

We have been through this with him numerous times; he's complained to BBB (case closed by BBB they said we made reasonable effort to satisfy him); filed a complaint with CT dept consumer protection (our licensing authority) and they've ignored it; I think I even got a lawyer letter on it. I've visited and met with him; my service mgr has done the same thing twice I believe. We've offered apologies, etc. I've offered to waive the balance owed ($200), paint the remaining area, paint the additional room he says has a holiday, and pay for a cleaning service to come through after we leave, along with numerous other offers we've batted around. I'm pretty sure that even if we gave him a full refund (which I am not offering), or even a double refund, he'd still continue to badmouth us wherever he can. Each time it comes up, his complaint grows 'my 80 yr old wife was on her hands and bloody knees cleaning up your mess'. Now there are photos that seem to show pictures of damage that didn't exist when we inspected last year.