Century Communities — false advertisement, fixing issues
We are a military family with special needs children.We sold our home in Washington state and drove to GA to close on our home at the end of November.
The purchase started out with false advertisement. They promised certain incentives if we prequalified through their preferred lender. Once prequalified within the same day, the incentives were no longer available and they would not honor them. Then agent pushed us off on another agent in a new community.
We spoke with the manager and she would not assist us. Whe then went with the home in the neighborhood we were pushed off to. We asked for all the included features, aerial views of the home, EVERYTHING pertaining to the home prior to purchasing. It's like the agents were taught to deter, avoid, deceive, false advertise etc.
We were told there would be a 12x12 patio and deck with the "bells & whistles". They assured us this home was the one for us. They said there was a small hill in the yard and we could extend past the black border. They ensured everything was on track for closing.
We continued to ask for different views of the home throughout the process, we'd get the same angels. They kept swift thing agents who were unfamiliar with the home, so the questions or request were unanswered. 3 days before scheduled closing, they canceled anything scheduled pertaining to our home the day before it was due ( while driving to ga). We were scheduled to closed Nov 29th.
We got in town Nov 27th. The home was not ready. After viewing the home, we realized the home was not only a safety hazard for our children, it was not what we expected. Not only were we not allowed to choose anything for the home, they did not tell us about the unsafe cliff/ravine in the backyard and hills they created (made worse) in the back and front of the home.
After speaking with the agents and same manager, they remained nonchalant and still refuse to fix the issues. What ever happened to satisfying the buyer? They'd rather walk away from a sell than fix the issues. The exterior design is hideous compared to the neighborhood scheme also.
They painted over water damage I. The bathroom ( have video footage). We were told that there would be all hardwood flooring down stairs, yet there's carpet in the family room as well. We are living in a hotel that is becoming expensive.
We've done every thing asked of us yet the company will not budget for us. We are pretty much homeless in limbo!! You'd think they'd be sensitive to our needs.. No, even the build walked out while explaining our issues.
Must've not been important to him. Things to be fixed
1. The uneven hills and patchy grassin the front and back yard
2. The unsafe ravine/ cliff in back yard (w/o putting a fence through the middle our backyard)
3.Change the exterior brick color to a similar color to match neighborhood scheme.
4. Remove carpet in family room.
5.Add the 12x12 patio as promised by sales agent
6.Remove water damaged baseboards
IF THIS CANT BE DONE, FIND A HOME IN A LEVEL 3 OR BETTER NEIGHBOHOOD WITH THE SAME BELLS AND WHISTLES AS CURRENT HOME.SAME OR MORE SQFT ON A BASEMENT.
More Century Communities Complaints & Reviews
- Century Communities - scam 
- Century Communities - don't live up to their warranty 
- Century Communites - keeping our earnest deposit
- Century Communities - construction
- Century Communities Builder - warranty issues/buyers ignored
- Century Communities - condition of street and overgrown grass, bricks and other materials left by builder/ contractors.
- Centurycommunities.com - This builder is the most unethical and deceitful business in Colorado
- Century Communities - unethical behavior/lies
- Century Communities - warranty work for client
- Century Communities - warranty related work