Century Communitiesconstruction

D

May 30th 2016 - austin texas - reagans overlook

If you are looking to purchase a century communities home in austin - stop now.

We decided to build a custom home and found a great cul de sac lot in september 2015. We went to their office selected our model, signed a contract and paid a deposit and were anxious to begin building our dream home. A home which was jointly designed by my wife and 17 year old which we hoped to move into as promised on july10th of this year, so she had a full year in her dream home before she went to college next year.

In october our century agent told us how lucky we were because century had increased base prices by 70k on all models and we had "gotten in right before the increase" - we had a contract with the correct price dated september 30th.in december we signed final placement of the plot plan and were told we are ready to build your home.

In february I asked when is the foundation going down we just invested more than $10, 000 to upgrade our existing home before we listed and wanted to see progress before listing. We were told at that time we needed to sign another contract which "removed the contingency for selling our home" we did so as we were anxious to get moving and were told "permits are being issued to begin our home" on february 20th.

In early march I drove thru the development to see 6 new foundations poured 3 on contract custom homes and 3 on spec homes, one of the spec houses was on the lot directly adjacent to ours, is 975 sq feet smaller than our house with awful upgrades and listed for completion on july 10th for $155, 000 above the final price detailed in our september contract.

At this point I was upset and asked to speak to a supervisor who did not return phone calls emails or meeting requests for 3 more weeks, so I asked for a meeting with the divisional vp, which I got, he apologized over and over and promised me he was going to make sure our home was build asap and that he had fired the supervisor in question. Well... All they did was move her to another austin development - lie #1.

He then referred us to the area vp who met with us apologized profusely and said his "sales team dropped the ball" then he asked to sign a final final contract which proved our home $47, 000 more than our september contract, we went crazy and upon review he said "his sales agent made a mistake" - lie #2

He did tell us beforehand that they had the permits in house and were ready to proceed - I just need to sign. I went to city hall directly from this meeting - no permits were issued let alone applied for 7 months after we put down money and signed a contract. 6 other homes 3 spec homes and 3 that went to contract in december were already underway... Why?

Because century made no mistakes - they simply delayed and delayed hoping we would get so frustrated that we just quit, so they could break the contract and resell the lot and house for a huge markup and keep our deposit because we went to contract before the price increases on the other spec houses and custom homes underway which had far better profit margins.

The customer does not come first at century, nor do their employees. All they care about is screwing their customers, building # quality overpriced spec houses so they can pay the debt service on the recent acquisition of jimmy jacobs.

Run away fast - straight to the drees builder.

Do not sign any contract - they have the right to terminate for any reason and keep your deposit - its in the lawyers hands now - but if I need to walk reagans overlook with a picket sign for the next year I will.

And I intend to tell every doctor lawyer and executive I know to run away from century builders