Having problems with Cenlar?

Cenlar Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 223 6527 (Customer Service)
+1 866 768 7354 (Mortrage Assistance)
425 Phillips Blvd
Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cenlar Customer Service. Initial Cenlar complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cenlar above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cenlar. Discuss the issues you have had with Cenlar and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cenlar Complaints & Reviews

Cenlar — no words to describe them

Over the years that Cenlar has serviced my mortgage I have been harassed and lied to so many times it is not...

Cenlartook over mortgage - restart mod process

Started mortgage modification 6/09 w/LoanCare Servicing. Sent multiples requests for updated P & L information. Nothing happened until february 2010, on 8/29/10 -- Loan Care said they had us approved for trial modification and that I didn't need to make payment until 10/10. At the end of August 2010, I was only two months behind on mortgage. I waited for documentation, there was a delay, my negotiator's wife had cancer. totally understandable. They needed a couple more bank statements. No problem. My trial modification letter was dated September 30, 2010, and WHOOPEE!!! I didn't have to start the first payment until 11/1/10, which I did. I also made the 12/10 and 1/11 payments right on time. Eagerly called Loan Care asking what next step would be (I found out that LoanCare had started Foreclosure proceedings on 10/5/10 and that an attorney had my file). To add insult to injury, my loan has now been sold to Cenlar -- do not believe we will get a modification. DON'T TRUST ANYBODY WHO TELLS YOU "YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE A PAYMENT UNTIL..." Everytime I call Cenlar, I get a different person with a different story. In frustration, I called an attorney's office and discuss problem and was told Lenders are just doing what Law said "trying to help", but not really and more than likely even if I do START OVER WITH MODIFICATION, they probably will decline me and foreclose. I now have pneumonia and colitis from the grief they have wrought!! DON'T TRUST THEM!!!

Cenlarhorrible company

Cenlar is definitely a joke! They don't have a record of my payment that was made over a year ago and now demand me to send them proof of payment. What the heck? It's over a year ago...why they never inform me?? I found out because they said they said I still owe the most recent month's payment, which they already received. I closed the bank they used to pay them and was concerned that I couldn't get the information they need, which means I have to pay an extra monthly payment...the one I already paid and they lost record of. Luckily I have the bank statement that shows the payment. They shouldn't have lost that information in the first place. They also lost my insurance coverage statement and ordered one that costs over a thousand for a year coverage. How ridiculous!! The coverage should cost only about $300/year. Unbelievable!!! Not only that, the coverage was in the past...They are unorganized. They blame the customers instead of taking their work seriously and be responsible for their imcompetency. Seriously...we all should do something about their poor service...it's our rights to demand as much.

• Da
        Danny R. Willard Jul 16, 2014

Cenlar is a big joke. I tried to get a loan modification, but they all have something different to say. Ms. Harding is the biggest fat JERKOFF we ever talked too. She told us she was in charge of this =========###. This company is full of scams.

John Meehan Nov 24, 2011

All CENLAR Clients need to report this company to the Fbi in your city or area. This company is definitley Fraudulent and they are thieves. If enough people report them maybe something will be done . They need to be shut down put out of business. J.M. Los Angeles

Cenlarcenlar

I have been dealing with cenlar ever since sept2009 when i finally was informed which company my loan for my house was transferred to from tb&w. I was very satisfied with tb&w, but the feds apparently thought they were crooks, now i am dealing with crooks on somany level and rude obnoxios people at cenlar that it amazes me the lackof intelligence or ethics that i am flabbergasted. Fist off my property taxes were wrong, then money wasremoved from my escrow for taxes i had already paid. My intrest amouts have change and my monthly payments keepchanging and talking to these people is like talking to asphalt. Where doyou go. The feds, oh yes they are the ones who started this.

Cenlarpoor service

My loan was taken over by Cenlar when TBW went under. I am still waiting for them to apply a payment from August 2017. I have a paid receipt from TBW. Every month I ask about it and no one seems to be able to understand my question (since the agents don't speak English all that well - sorry - no offense meant - but it is the truth). I paid my Dec mortgage which I have to call in (hard to reach by phone but if you pay on line they charge a service fee which they then have to refund - a pain and still requires a phone call - since this is a TBW loan) and the Cenlar agent asked about my home insurance. My insurance agent was alerted as soon as this change took place and there have been no issues in the past with them receiving my insurance bill. The Cenlar agent said it was due in September and is unpaid. This is 3 months later and they are finally letting me know they didn't get a bill? Hello!! I spoke with someone in Sept, Oct, and Nov and finally in December someone tells me they haven't paid the bill because they didn't get it? I don't believe that. And the person could not understand what I was saying to him. They are horrible to deal with, have no answers to any questions and it is now 17 months later. I have NEVER got an answer to any question because they have problems understanding me on the phone - as I mentioned not one of the representatives I have talked to seems to speak English well. Again, no offense meant, just speaking the truth.

• Hy
            hyper7900 Sep 27, 2010

It will be best for everyone who has had issues to really look at RESPA (Real Estate Protection Act). It will take time to resolve disputes with a stubborn company. But if the persistence is there and your facts are correct. Getting that big check from cenlar will be well worth it.

please do not take this as if I am telling everyone they don't know how to manage escrow. However it is important to realize that one should never depend on the bank to manage Escrow accounts. I am sure most would agree that proper handling of a checking account requires to reconcile and put items in your register that have been paid or quickens or whatever one uses.

The same is true with escrow. Estimate what your YEARLY expenditures will be (Hazard Insurance (Flood if required) Home Insurance, taxes, etc) Take the total divide by 12. It is important to understand a few things with escrows: As per the RESPA section 10 the servicer (Cenlar, or other institution) is prohibited from charging excessive amount for the escrow account. The lender CAN NOT charge any more then 1/12 of the total of ALL disbursements per month payable during the year..They CAN add any amount that was short from the year before. They CAN at their desecration add a cushion NOT to EXCEED 1/6 of the total disbursements for the year. Knowing this and knowing that as part of the RESPA the lender must perfom an escrow account analysis once during the year and notify borrowers of any shortage.. any EXCESS of $50 of more MUST be RETURNED to the borrower. (They can not hold it) Picture it like a BIG savings account----At the end of the year you will get BIG check from them if they are indeed charging outrageous amounts...

If they do not do this, then you will need to write a complaint letter to them FIRST, (Certify mailing) and they must ack the letter withing 20 business days. After which another 60 days from them to resolve or provide a valid reason for their position. If still they are violating any laws of the act then you may file a complaint with HUD (Housing and Urban Development. After which HUD, a state Attorney General or State Insurance commissioner may bring an injunctive action to enforce violations of Sections 6, 8 or 9 ( I have provided short info on section 6 which is relevant to most all complaints on this board)...

Keep in mind that Under section 10 which is Limits on Escrow accounts (1/6 and 1/12 talk)HUD as the authority to impose a civil penalty on loan servicers who do not submit inial or annual escrow account statements to borrowers.

Read up on RESPA and know where to file complaints... They will get addressed much faster then if you just phone or write a general office such as State Attorney General office. Go smaller before bigger.

Also, keep track ALWAYS (even if company is good) of what you are putting into escrow... Get copies of checks, and file them for your records. Checks are proof of payments...

• Pr
            Proud Mary Jul 08, 2010

They purposely don't process payments so they can get more money...after all our government IS broke. Not because we don't send them enough money but because the politicians won't stop spending!

• Pr
            Proud Mary Jul 08, 2010

Cenlar AKA Freddie Mac...I have sent in the form for automatic mortgage payment 3 times. They keep telling me they have not received it. Every month I end up paying over the telephone and they charge me $12.00 to pay by phone. Then they send me a bill for $38.00 for a monthly late fee! On top of all this they are ruining my credit rating. This is the biggest SCAM the government has going. If I could refinance with a reputable company I would but since I am upside down on my mortgage since property values have dropped (thanks again for making all those bad loans) there is no way I can do that. Just wait until the government has health care in full swing if you think things are a mess now.

• Pa
            Paperc Dec 01, 2009

I am also victim of the Cenlar monsters. I too have had my escrow account increased by $86 per month, but my local taxes have only increased $34 per year. I have all of my taxes and insurance taken out in October and November - thus my escrow balance is low right now, but will be full by next Oct when the next insurance payment is due.

I suspect Cenlar is falsely increasing the escrow accounts - they want it stocked at 100% all of the time -and I do believe this is illegal.

I am going to contact my state's attorney general and I highly encourage each and every one of you to contact your attorney generals office and file a formal complaint against
            Cenlar. The matter will not be resolved if we remain quiet and we need to get Big Brother involved if we are going to have any luck

Please, take the time to file the complaints with your AG office

moon6 Nov 24, 2009

I have just had my payment increased by CENLAR by $150.00 a month. Never was I late with TBW since my loan with them Aug. 2017. What are these people doing and why are they allowed!!! I am going to talk with my bank tomorrow and find a new loan company... CENLAR YOUR ARE GREEDY AND CRUEL!!!

• Re
            RedJ76 Nov 08, 2009

I am like many other "victims" in the Cenlar saga!!! Our loan was with TBW & since Cenlar took over we have had nothing but trouble with them. They promised to send a payment book & to date we have NOT gotten that & this month they never even sent us a statement coupon & my payment was due November 1st. I guess we have to take all the responsibility & do everything ourselves but then I don't have any way to track my payment to them. I think they are just hoping people won't make their payments then they can FORECLOSE on all these loans!!! We have phoned them & I have e-mailed them & still NOTHING!!! What in the world is going on with them? My credit is spotless but this is making it very difficult to make payments on time & be sure they are getting them & crediting them to your account!!! I am NOT happy at all.

Cenlarlloan modification

I have tried contacting whomever with CENLAR on the approved loan modification prior to the bankrupcy filing by Taylor. I have called, I have sent emails, I have sent letters, all of which they say that is how they should be contacted. I have recevied zero responses. CENLAR's customer service is a joke and they seem to make every effort to frustrate their customers. They have no problem in sending out mail and loan payment request, just don't try an call them about anything. I am extemelly frustrated. It was a pleasure to speak with Taylor Bean. There does not seem to be abything that can be done.

Cenlarfailure to release insurance money

Cenlar will not release the required money to have repairs completed on insured property building. Winter is starting and further damage will ensure another claim. Cenlar refuses to comply with their stated proceedures and repairs cannot be made. I do not have funds to pay for the repairs as they exceed $30, 000.00.

• Je
                JED012345 May 24, 2017

Having the same issue. Every time I get close they change the process. An extremely unethical company. And don't try to speak with a supervisor/manager, you won't get through.

Monique12 Sep 10, 2014

I am having the same issue with Cenlar. On April 28, 2014, my home was hit by a tornado. I have sent in all the documentation they require, still, NOTHING. I have now had 3 contractors walk off and refuse to deal with their delays.

Furthermore, I am also having trouble with the payment center. All of these complaints are very familiar!

Cenlar — state farm insurance check

Pritchett's Flooring America/Cenlar was issued a State Farm check on June 4, 2010 for installation and...

Cenlarkeep getting the run around after paying our money

We have been trying to get the amortization schedule to our house for over 3 months. Everytime we call to check on why we haven't recieved it they tell us to send more info, plus a check for 15.00. We always ask is this ALL you need, yes they say until we call again then they request something else. All customer representatived are in India. We are needing this info because of probating a will and can't get it done. This is indeed a fly by night company with employes in India with no regard to the U.S.

Anyone who has had a pleasant experience with this company and was satisfied with them I would love to hear about it.

Mad Mama M Aug 18, 2012

Is there any Class-action suite in the works against Cenlar? This company has misapplied the paid monthly mortgage payments and now claims my family member is delinquent in their mortgage and is now in foreclosure. Has anyone out there been successful in fighting this company?

Cenlar — doing nothing on my request for loan remodification.

When CENLAR bought out Taylor, Bean & Whitaker, which was in July 2009, my mortgage went to CENLAR. I, along...

Cenlaradded 336$ to my monthly morgage payment

Their excuse? Taylor, Bean & Whittaker, my now-bankrupt former lender, under-estimated my property taxes, so my escrow amount was "re-evaluated" temporarily until a new "re-evaluation" to occur in May.

All I get from these jokers is horrible, condescending so-called customer service, insane hikes in my mortgage payments, and letters demanding the same insurance info that I've already provided to TBW when they assumed my loan.

Do they have the right to bloat my loan by this insane amount? My original monthly payment was $559, now is $895!!!

Did Mac & Mae do any homework before awarding them the privilege of handling all these loans? If these fools are wrong in "re-assessing" my escrow, what redress do I have?? Who can audit these idiots & sue them???

mortgageknowledge101 Sep 04, 2010

Dorothy...your monthly payment will fluctuate depending on if your taxes and insurance increase. You can always submit a written request asking your mortgage company to remove your escrow and then you will only pay your principle & interest to the mortgage company .

If they approve your request then you will be liable for paying the taxes and insurance and BE SURE TO SEND PROOF OF INSURANCE EVERY YEAR OTHERWISE THEY WILL PURCHASE A POLICY ON YOUR BEHLAF. As your mortgage company they have a vested interest in the property and if they fail to receive proof of insurance they will purchase it for you. Just be happy that your not with Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC, now that company sucks and should be shut down by the government.

Cenlar — report them here!

I know if you are having problems like I have been experiencing then there is probably fraud taking place. I...

Cenlar — inaccurate accounting / deception

This company has misaccounted our money and is overcharging on our payoff. They have already informed me that...

Cenlarunorganization and possible fraud

Our previous mortgage lender (Taylor, Bean, Whittaker) apparently went under and our loan was given to Cenlar. A couple months ago they sent us a statment increasing our payment by about 1000.00/month. When we inquired they told us to get it changed we would have to fax them our loan docs, which we did. They then told us our payment would be a couple hundred more a month. When we asked for information, they said it was because they paid our taxes- Which we do ourselves and already did. We had already sent proof of this, but because they paid as well they are still asking for the additional money. It has taken us countless hours and we still don't have it straight. What can we do?

• Ry
                      Ryan140980 Feb 25, 2011

I went through the TB&W bankruptcy too. Sent to Cenlar where I can actually say was not a problem for me. The problem I had was that a payment sent to TB&W at transition is tied up in bankruptcy. Cenlar was kind enough to credit my account. 6 months later they sold loan to Ocwen(the devil). They did not honor the lost payment. Fought with them for 6 months to no avail. Even organized conference call with Cenlar and Ocwen. Ocwen said they didn't care and to pay. I continued sending my regular payments until one day they started sending my payments back to me. REALLY. They said that they would not accept any payment unless it brought the loan up to date, including disputed payment. They did this for 5 months and began foreclosing on me. To keep from having to sue them and possibly lose my home I dished out over 3500 bucks.(my payments are only $500/month. I thought that would be the end of it until a month later when my monthly statement had $745 worth of foreclosure fees tacked on to my bill. OMG!!! Ofcourse I'm right back where I started. I just wish Ocwen would sell my mortgage to another lender before they bleed me dry. If anyone else has a story similar to this please share. Thank you.

• Be
                      Bettina2010 Feb 26, 2010

The creeps at Cenlar jacked my mortgage payments from $559 to $895 and I can't afford to pay! Reason given when I called? TBW under-estimated my taxes so the difference will go to escrow. Other people got other stories about their insane hikes in mortgage amounts. This all smells like a pretty sweet scam!
                      What can we do?
                      - File formal complaint with attorney general, your state.
                      - Find out if another can be filed with their own state, which is SC as far as I can tell.
                      - File formal complaint with BBB online -- there's another 80 there waiting to be read.
                      - File complaint with the FTC, which possibly has a website corner for it, so no need to call them.
                      - Issue a call to lawyers who'd like to gather all of us in a class action suit against these thieves.
                      - Check out the site, Pissed Consumer, and lots of complaints, to which you can add your own by pasting your experience from here, to there.

Cenlarservice

Where should I start! They have only had our equity line of credit since 08/2009, they purchased it from BofA. The first payment statement we received from them was more than triple what we had been paying. The phone number on the statement was incorrect, I had to make numerous phone calls to get an operable phone number for this supposed business. Then they had no answers, no supervisor available and no one returned my calls. I had to file a complaint with New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance and contact my local news on your side channel 3 to contact them before someone finally got back to me. Then it wasn't over. They didn't want to honor a previous loan modification done by BofA prior to them buying the loan, that was a big issue and fight but they finally agreed to do so after we threatened to get an attorney. THEN they started charging 1 or 2 days here and there at 5.25% (the original rate not the modified rate) and the other days at the 4.2% (modified rate) until I caught it on a statement one day and then I asked for a complete history to make sure all adjustments had been made. This company is unbelievable, I don't know why they are still in business. When I made a payment by phone, I asked for a conformation number and the customer service rep told me "we don't do that, just write down my name and number and we will send your receipt in the mail", wow. OMG! In six months I've spent more time on the phone with them than I did in three years with BofA, crap they should just pay me an hourly wage for all the time I've spent telling them how to do their job. Someone needs to do something. This is unfair, they were not my choice, our loan was sold to them and now we are stuck with this horrible company. We have a file at least 3 inches thick.

• Ce
                        cenlar bad business Apr 04, 2014

Cenlar placed a forced insurance policy on my
                        mortgage after my insurance company had sent them 3 request for payment. After they forced the policy and depleted my escrow account, they paid the insurance, but wouldn't refund the forced policy amount of 3500.00. After a few months, I tried to change insurance companies and they again didn't pay that one. I was told that after my current insurance received notice of new insurance, that it would take affect. They failed to pay that insurance and it went into another forced insurance policy. They depleted my escrow again. I fought with them numerous times on the phone. They did not refund the cost of the forced policy. Today, I received notice that my escrow was short funds, and they are going to raise my house payment. Really... that is a no brainer. Cenlar are such crooks... They are as bad as the IRS.

Cenlar — fraud

Cenlar is now servicing our mortgage since Taylor Bean and Whitaker went out. We have had trouble getting our...

Cenlar — mortgage escrow mismanagement

My mortgage escrow account has been extremely mismanaged, almost to the point of theft. My home mortgage...

Cenlar — lies and money scam

When my mortgage went up I contacted Cenlar and was told by the supervisor Jim that it was because my taxe...

Cenlarunbelievable customer service representatives

Cenlar's customer service representatives are unbelievable, grouchy, and mindless. How can one financial organization make so many mistakes? The latest is my school real estate taxes are unpaid and now in the penalty phase.

They said the terms of our mortgages would not change. What they ment was we are making up the terms as we go along. Payments are taking 20 days to post payments to an account, nice way Cenlar for you to make additional money off of our sweat.

I have a real question for Cenlar. Are you trying to screw everyone who is refinancing to get away from you? I hope to sue you someday in the future for your mismanagement and the cost to refinance with the mess you have made out of my account. Me someone who has never had a late payment or missed a payment because it is going to cost me plenty to get rid of you.

• Sh
                          sharon and joe Feb 15, 2012

Cenlar is a big bad dream threatening to take our home over escrow account ...no communication...bullies

• Li
                          Linda660 Dec 31, 2009

12-31-09
                          I was turned over to Cenlar after TB&W took a nose dive. I have been trying since Sept. to straighten things out with my mortgage. I was on the Equity Accelerator program with TB&W, but Cenlar informed me that I could not continue with that until TB&W únfroze'' my money. So, I sent payments in to Cenlar. Just last week, Cenlar sent my payments back to me saying that they could not accept them because I was late. I have NEVER been late on my mortgage. I don't know what to do now. They wanted to do a check by phone, which I said no to, simply because they sent my payments back to me. If anyone gets any straight answers, please post them. Thanks.

Cenlarno answer

I have been trying to get a hold of someone by phone
                        for 30 days now and it is constantly busy. My loan from Taylor Bean was transfered and I need to change my checking account info. Sent in a check 2 weeks ago for last month mortgage and it still hasn't been pulled from my account. I am not sure they got it and hopefully I won't incur late fees. I don't know where I stand with my loan. How am I suppose to talk to someone? At this point I am not even sure what to do.

• Pa
                            Paperc Dec 01, 2009

I too am having the problems you describe, and, in addition, Cenlar is increasing my mortgage payment by $86 per month - my city taxes have only increased $34 this year.
                            I encourage everyone to file a complaint with the Attorney General of their state and get this company to either fly right or go away. I refuse to be the victim to these theives.

jostby Sep 22, 2009

go to this website...
                            It has all the VP's, CEO's, etc phone numbers with extensions and e-mail addresses. I sent a e-mail venting my frustration (former TB&W customer also). They called me back in less that 2 hours. Bigwigs don't like hearing complaints. One of the contacts is an internal auditor/quality control. If you work for a large company you know they don't want him hearing that they have problems!
                            Good Luck!

• Bp
                            BP1 Sep 21, 2009

This company needs the feds to investigate. My Taylor Bean loan also transfered to Cenlar. I am unable to establish contact, actually rang the operator and the operator disconnected me. Sent in my Sept. loan payment certified mail with return receipt and have yet to receive the receipt. This company seems like a scammer, I will submit my problems to Senator Cardin (Maryland). Advise all to do the same in their home state.

• Me
                            Meliza Sep 20, 2009

My mom's loan was recently switched to Cenlar, and she too cannot get anyone on a phone. This is ridiculous! The mortgage company will blame the homeowner's, wait and see. I would send a letter certified and express all of the above information, the way the mortgage companies send their notices certified.
                            Phone calls don't count, as far as documentation really, although I would keep a record of how many times you called, when, and which employee(get their id #) you spoke with(if you get a hold of a person). You shouldn't have to pay any late fees do to them being unorganized!
                            When people try to negotiate while mortgage companies are changing hands, they get screwed because the money clock for the bank never stops ticking, regardless if they answer phones or not. What an American Dream. Can you imagine owning a business, never answering a phone, just collecting checks with no accountability?

• Le
                            legalrights Sep 19, 2009

You have to stay proactive! Call and get help! For $35 prepaid legal can help you!!! They will write the letters and make the phone calls!

Call or email me...I can help you!

Jeremy Herget