Cedars-Sinai Medical Center — marina del rey cedars
My dear friend Joyce Azanow was admitted for emergency surgery via 911 for a perforated small intestine after a laparoscopy done at St. John's. During surgery they had to put her on a respirator and she remained on the respirator for 12 days after surgery. She was given hydration and antibiotics.
We had multiple requests to start TPN being via her Mediport and we heard multiple reasons why they didn't want to start it her white blood cell count was normal she was afebrile. When they finally honored her wishes to remove the respirator they'expected her to die. By the following night at 9 PM the hospital released her in hospice to home. Four hours later she died.
You must know that she was fighting this cancer a year and a half on keytruda and doing very well.
I feel the hospital was negligent in not feeding her she became so weak and she no longer wanted to fight. The family feels once they received the nodule biopsy results and it was determined metastatic disease that by not feeding her they determined to fate.
Her death was untimely.
The doctors That decided not to feed her were Dr. Murray and Dr. Landis that decided not to feed her.
When I spoke to Dr. Layne he told me he was not adverse to starting TPN and that he would talk to the hospitalist but nothing happened.
You should launch investigation of their decision-making.
I am a registered nurse in all my years I have never seen a patient not offered nutrition because they might have an infection. Again her white blood cell count was normal and she was afebrile.
Marlene Greenberg RN
More Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Complaints & Reviews
- Sinai Hospital - Caters to the elite and donors!
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center - False information.
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center - my treatment in the emergency room
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center/ER/Dr Lin - CSMC discarded elderly/terminal illness people to street
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center - service in the emergency room from an [censored] named jessica
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center - injection for iud insertion
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center - emergency services
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center - treatment in their emergency room
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center - billing dept / obgyn
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center - Emergency care; patient's concerns, requests, needs, voice