Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Logo

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Having problems with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center?

+1 800 233 2771 (Customer Service)
+1 310 423 2259 (Medical Records)
+1 866 803 1777 (Billing)
+1 323 866 8600 (Patient Financial Services)
+1 310 423 7890 (International)
+1 310 423 4068 (Pre-procedure Center)
+1 310 423 5327 (Admissions)
+1 310 423 5241 (Gift Shop)
+1 310 423 8044 (Volunteer Services)
+1 310 423 5535 (Parking)
+1 310 423 5550 (Religious and Spiritual Services)
+1 310 423 4444 (Hospitality Services)
+1 310 423 5511 (Security)
8700 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Complaints & Reviews

Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterEmergency care; patient's concerns, requests, needs, voice

I went into Emergency on 10/14/2020. My notes stated that I received a liter of hydration by IV, but I did not, and I desperately needed it. An IV needle was inserted and antibiotics directly given, but no bag was set up. I never was given a hydration bag. I felt dry, dehydrated and uncomfortable. I needed electrolytes.

Cedars Sinai has my records back to 1992. between 18 years of medical records on data base and contact with my Assisted Living Facility and with myself, there should have been no unanswered questions. Celine Dion is my emergency contact. I have been 100% estranged from my sister Lisa Bullock for three years and state that she is an unreliable contact thus should not be contacted. The hospital contacted Lisa Bullock anyway.

I was at risk.

Amy L Knorr
Main Hospital

Mar 03, 2020

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center — dr. hart cohen

My friend was dating this Dr.'s son. She put me on the phone to speak with him in order to convince him to...

Feb 29, 2020

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center — A violation of my privacy

I went to the Cedars-Sinai Urgent Care in Playa Vista approximately two months ago due to a very painful...

Cedars-Sinai Medical Centerer services, overnight housing and medical care.

To whom it may concern,
    I'm writing a complaint from the care I received on Tuesday 10/24-10/25. I went to the ER on Tuesday evening because I was having a hard time breathing and my left arm was shaking and I had a temperature of 101. . I begged and pleaded with the receptionist and the RN that I was in so much pain!
    I thought I was having a heart attack and was going to die. The staff ignored my request for a bed or to even lie me down or anything to calm me down. They just ignored me and told me I had to wait. I was having a panic attack from the lack of service. I finally passed out of exhaustion. (See video) 4 hours later—When I woke up they finally put me in a bed. The doctor said I have the flu and they are going to keep me overnight for more test. My heart was beating really fast. That's exactly what I told the nurse and the front desk. They put in a room with curtains were I couldn't sleep. The next day they moved me to another room with so much activity around me I couldn't sleep. 2 nights no sleep.
    Sleep deprived and dehydrated. I was not giving any water or any liquids. I finally had to ask when was I going to be fed. I was not treated like a patient and my fever and heart rate was getting worst because I couldn't sleep with all the activity around me. I felt my heart rate beating faster because I was frustrated with the nurses. I only spoke to two doctors the whole time and 12 nurses. I was left on the dark with no sleep. Every time I asked for a doctor they never came. I had to refuse any more medical treatment for my health and I left at 12:30am Wednesday night. All I wanted was a quiet room and better communication so I can get better isn't that the whole point to keep me overnight but in fact I was getting worst. I am very saddened by the service I received. I will be filing several complaints until my voice is heard.

Sincerely,
    Jose Gonzalez
    M.2/25/1975, E 10/23/2019, 44 y
    Miles, Peggy B, MD
    OBV

er services, overnight housing and medical care.

Cedars-Sinai Emergency Departmentthe treatment of patients family member his husband

I admitted my husband into the emergency room Cedar Sinai and they sat in there with him for good hour and I walked out to the restroom and cigarette I came back and his door was locked they refuse to let me into refuse to let him know that was still there they refuse to let me have my belongings that were inside the room I don't see how they can legally keep my belongings they first said he's quarantined so therefore they can let it out of the room nothing to know when I explain them I just walked out the room why aren't I quarantine they change their tune and they feel the reason they gave the reason that the stuff belongs to my husband and it does not have a husband to both of us and besides my clothes they fit me and I need them for work and he refused to get them for me

Cedars-Sinai Medical Centermedical records

On September 4, I emailed a request for copies of 2 CT Scans. I did not receive them. So on September 12, I called and after a long hold talked with someone who tried to be helpful. He made copies and told me they would be mailed. On September 20, still having not received them, I called again. After two calls (the first disconnected me due to high call volume—told me to email/fax), I spoke with Ron. I think this was the same person. He said that according to records, they had been mailed on September 12. I told him that my doctor was waiting for these scans to determine next steps for me and this delay was impacting me, the patient. He, again being helpful, said he would FedEx them second day mail. I agreed and thanked him.

My complaint is with your system. Something is wrong—someone needs to address this before another patient experiences a delay that could impact their health. As an aside, I also requested a CT Scan from a provider in Bend, Oregon. That CT Scan arrived promptly.

Cedars needs to do better.
        Lynn Daucher
        990 Birchcrest Avenue
        Brea, CA 92821

Sep 01, 2019

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center — treatment in their emergency room

July 12th 2019 I was rushed to the Emergency room with extreme pain, On a scale of 1-10 this was above a 10...

Cedars-Sinai Medical Centerbilling dept / obgyn

I have called numerous people to try to get in touch with whoever does the billing for Dr. Tsui and Dr. Scott Serden. I called the billing department, was put on hold for 20 minutes by a curt person and was given the office number. The office told me to call Adrian, who is the only person who handles billing. I called her 3 times and left her a voicemail and she didn't get back to me till the evening and only called me once. I called again yesterday and again left her a voicemail and she hasn't called me back. A billing person should be reachable. They billed me more than $1200 for a routine Pap smear. They are not allowing me to dispute the billing that was not billed as preventative. Their customer service doesn't exist. Dealing with Providence was a breeze and took 5 minutes. I should charge them for my time for having to call numerous people, being placed on hold and still reaching no one.

Cedars-Sinai Medical Centersecurity team

On December 7th my son was admitted and assigned a room on the 4th floor SE wing. I visited the cafeteria twice within the first 24 hours of our stay. There wasn't security team onsite during those visits so I had not been asked for a visitors badge. On my 3rd visit to the cafeteria around 10:30pm of December 8th I was stopped by a security officer who asked me to obtain a badge at the reception. He was kind enough to let me get something to eat since I had not eaten in a while. After grabbing some toasts I was happy to comply so I approached the counter. Security Officer Alejandro Gonzalez very rudely pointed to phone and said: "you need to call to get a room number". He seemed to have a patient list in front of him so I asked him to check on the list. I offered two different spellings for my son's last name. He refused to look it up, so I refused to call. It was the principle of the matter. His attitude was very abrasive and uncalled for. It was a simple request and he handled very poorly and unprofessionally. The entire time he had a smirk on his face as if he was enjoying aggravating me. Security Officer Quintanilla approached and instead of trying to diffuse the situation or help me she proceeded to threat to have me removed by stating: "you either make the call or I will have you removed from the property. This is a private property" . I was in shock! Not once I raised my voice at any of them of threat them with disrespect. I requested to speak with the supervisor. Mr. John Navarro III came out like I was interrupting his sleep. He seemed annoyed and kept rubbing his eyes and awning. He didn't seem interested at all on what had happened neither demonstrated concern. He was very eager to dismiss me and even scoulded me in front of the same employee who had been rude as I made a comment to him while picking up my badge. All I said was:" you could have saved us from all this trouble"
            It was very clear to me this team is not trained well: they are insensitive, unprofessional, unpolished and not focused AT ALL at servicing.
            A simple gesture of kindness could have avoided a very escalated situation. A gesture officer Alonzo took the initiative to make in the middle of all the caos: she picked up the phone and got my room number in less than 3 seconds. I want to recognize that ONE of employees seemed to understand the industry she is in: service and Care. Being threatened to be kicked out of the hospital on my pijamas while my son is in critical condition for lack of empathy really blemished the wonderful experience we were having with the nursing team. It felt I was in two different facilities with two different employee Quality. The security team looked is in desperate need of leadership that can set the tone for the kind of service we pay for and expect from Cedars Sinai.

Nov 15, 2018

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center — follow up care after initial appointment

I jumped through all your hoops to get an appointment. After my initial visit with Dr. Paski, I sent her an...

Cedars-Sinai Medical Centerdischarge from icu

We are now on hour five of the discharge process. No one seems to know what's going on or how to do anything. Also, no one here seems to know how time works. For the last four hours milultiple people told us things would be done in just a few minutes. Cedars minutes apparently don't work like earth minutes. Also, we've been lied to at least twice by someone saying that they called for help and that help would be on the way. No one here has come to help. We will be going to UCLA from now on. They seem to know what they're doing.

Sep 22, 2018

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center — marina del rey cedars

My dear friend Joyce Azanow was admitted for emergency surgery via 911 for a perforated small intestine after...

Sep 19, 2018

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center — emergency services

On July 20, My 3 year old daughter had put a googly eye (plastic type material ) in her nose. We rushed to...

Cedars-Sinai Medical Centermy concern on the length of time its taking for my wife to be heart transplanted

Hello my name is Anthony Rock.. i am writing this compliant in regards to my wife Diana Rock .. who is admitted in the ICU room # 6S56 for almost two months now.. we are being told that her status for Heart Transplant is 1A.. which we are being told that shes at the top of the list .. she has already went through two Balloon pumps and has over exceeded the time limit for the Impella 5.0 pump she has implanted in her now.. and is starting to break down her red blood cells to were two blood transfusions had to be given to her already.. we were told her antibodies are high and once Plasmapherisis and the shots between each procedure would make her be able to accept most hearts that are donated.. on top of that she signed papers to be part of a antibody research for reducing more antibodies .. another shot was given then to reduce more antibodies.. and after that she signed papers to ok about five bags through iv to also reduce antibodies and was assured she would be the next transplant patient.. its been weeks now and nothing is mentioned about her possibly being offerd any hearts what so ever.. i under stand the process for waiting for the right heart size blood type and everything involved.. i know for a fact that Cedars Sinai hospital has recieved hearts and nothing being offered to my wife.. im getting very concerned about if my wife being another statistic.. we were assured after all the antibody and immune system got surpressed she would be ready for any heart that cames in.. we are starting to feel left behind and wondering if transplant will ever happen.. we are very upset with what we are being told and whats actually happening.. thank you very much for taking the time to read our concerns.. my phone # [protected]
                Email is [protected]@gmail.co...

May 31, 2018

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center — service in the emergency room from an [censored] named jessica

Came to the emergency room at 8:00 pm for a severe migraine and high blood pressure, almost three hours later...

Cedars-Sinai Medical Centerinjection for iud insertion

Hello,

A few days ago I got a bill from Cedars Sinai with the amount that the insurance did not cover. I called because I had questions regarding the amount that I was being billed and two of the items needed clarification. The woman over the phone refused to break down the two items I was unclear about, but I will let you know my issue, and it isn't just that she was rude.

The day before I went in for my scheduled IUD replacement, I got a call from the office informing me that the female doctor that I had scheduled my appointment with would not be available and they would instead be setting me up with the male doctor in their office. I was not happy about this, mainly because she had been specifically recommended by my OBG-YN, but I had already made arrangements with work, so my hands were tied.

When I was in the examination room the doctor asked me what the initial insertion of the IUD was like and I mentioned that it hurt but that I didn't really have much of a pain tolerance. He suggested numbing the cervix, which I took to mean a topical cream, when I realized it was a shot I declined. I won't even take shots to have cavities filled. After removing my IUD he injected my cervix, DESPITE my having said that I was refusing the shot. I only found out this was happening when I felt a sharp burning sensation and asked if that was him removing the old IUD. Unacceptable. When I mentioned this to the woman on the phone she said that "if the doctor sees it fit then it must be done, " which is crock. The initial IUD did not require a shot, it is an optional measure.

My bill also lists a second pharmaceutical (not detailed), something I am utterly at a loss for. The woman refused to break it down for me and instead sent it directly to auditing. Now, I have no answers, and have to wait for them to...I don't know what. I'm planning on seeking legal help.

Apr 19, 2018

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center — my treatment in the emergency room

To Whom It May Concern: I was in your ER on 4/18 from about 9:30 to 2:30am complaining about a surgical...

Cedars Sinai Medical Center/ER/Dr Lin — CSMC discarded elderly/terminal illness people to street

I was wrongfully discharged on 8/14/13 after 2 hours in Cedars Sinai Medical Center/ER/Dr Lin even I had a...

Cedars Sinai Medical CenterFalse information.

I was in Cedars Sinai Medical Center for the first time and I was using the health plan and this medical center has changed me without my consent and caused all my medical health records to get destroyed using false information.

Sinai Hospital — Caters to the elite and donors!

Don't go there unless you donate lots of money to the hospital because you won't get the same...