Arwyp Medical Centre Logo

Arwyp Medical Centre

Having problems with Arwyp Medical Centre?

Arwyp Medical Centre reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 27, 2014. The latest review Medical icu was posted on Nov 12, 2021. The latest complaint The Service received from Dr Elmarie at Arwyp Casualty was resolved on Oct 25, 2021. Arwyp Medical Centre has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 17 reviews. Arwyp Medical Centre has resolved 3 complaints.

Arwyp Medical Centre Customer Service Contacts

20 Pine Avenue, Gauteng
Kempton Park
South Africa - 1619
Postal Address
P.O. Box 3452, Kempton Park, 1620, Gauteng

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Arwyp Medical Centre Customer Service. Initial Arwyp Medical Centre complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Arwyp Medical Centre above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Arwyp Medical Centre. Discuss the issues you have had with Arwyp Medical Centre and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Arwyp Medical Centre Complaints & Reviews

Arwyp Medical CentreMedical icu

Personnel not making patient feel safe and secure like stated on you website Patient felt lime his life was in danger. Communication barrier but some of the staff does speak German and Afrikaans but the refuse to speak to hom in one of these languages. Patient was tied to the bed with a white strap and a cuff, cellphone was taken from him.
What kind of healthcare facility is this.
I will be making a case at the SAPS with regards to planning to murder my father in law. This will be published in all newspapers if i don't get satisfactory feedback

Arwyp Medical CentreThe Service received from Dr Elmarie at Arwyp Casualty

On Sunday the 17th of October I took my toddler (3 years old) to Arwyp casualty after contacting his Pead that advised us to take him there immediately and to all him once we there. my son had a temperature of 40!

Once we got to casualty we were helped immediately. His vitals where checked and we were taken through to the room. We were then seen by doctor Elmarie, which examined him too. I asked her to call my pead immediately which she refused to. I was told that they will deal with the situation and if they feel the need to call the pead they will do so. I explained to her that the pead said we need to contact him as soon as we get to the hospital. She refused.

My son was taken for xrays on his chest. Which he was diagnosed with bronchia pneumonia. She sent us on our way with a script which didnt even have nebs on, I had to ask her about nebs as well as if physio was needed for my son.

Needless to say my sons got a very sensitive chest and can get very sick of just a simple flu which his pead is very well aware of. Dr Elmarie does not know my son, nor does she know any of his medical history. It is totally unacceptable the she refused to call his pead.

On Friday the 22nd of October I took my son with my to our house doctor, and he was absolutely shocked that my son was not admitted to hospital cause of the severity of his bronchia pneumonia. He still had no sign of improvement on friday after his antibiotics were finished. Needless to say he made myself and his father as well as his elderly grandparents sick as well! All of this could of been avoided if the correct procedure was taken from the word Go

Very unhappy mother of a sick little boy!

Jacqueline Parsons
    [protected]

RESOLVED

• Arwyp Medical Centre's response · Oct 25, 2021

Dear Jacqueline thank you for your email. I requested the casualty department to contact you. Our sincerest apology for any inconvenience caused.

Arwyp Medical CentreLegal action notifications

Good day, I received a message this morning that I Need to pay Dr Wypkema urgently to settle an account to avoid legal action.

Firstly, as per my medical aid all treatments and bill for Arwyp was settled in full
      Secondly I have never received an bill, statement or any other correspondence regarding this outstanding account
      Thirdly, there are no details on the message received only an amount and banking details
      And last but not least, I was last at the hospital casualty department n the 19/05/2021. Why do I only receive a notification now.
      I refuse to pay money over if I am not sure what the bill entails and require a proper statement or billing info to investigate

• Arwyp Medical Centre's response · Aug 31, 2021

Dear Janetta our sincerest apology for any inconvenience caused. Our Accounts Manager will contact you to discuss. Team Arwyp.

• Updated by Janetta Van Wyk · Aug 31, 2021

Good day, kindly note that I have now received a statement of the account and have made arrangements to pay. Thank you for your response

Arwyp Medical CentreProducts and poor service

MEALS
        For a pvt hospital the quality of the meals are pathetic. I have been in hosputal from 15 Aug and still is. Not once did I received a hot meal, I had to ask one of the Ladies to warm it for me...and got the look - yes- that look.
        The Ladies I shared with complained and there is some improvement.

LINNEN
        I was admitted to one of the holding rooms while waiting for ny covid results. The bed had no bedding on except for 1 sheet, with shoe prints on, after admission i wanted to lay down...the nurse thought it was very funny with only the one sheet on the bed. If. I didn't made aware thst the sheet was dirty they would have left it on the bed. I actually took photos of the dirty sheets and pillow cases. A Little later on I asked for a blanked just to be told that they dont have blankets...but she will see what she can do...A PVT HOSP THAT DOESN'T HAVE BLANKETS IN THE WINTER SEASON...
        The pillows are in such a bad confition, been used over and over and over again
        I cannot believe that Arwyp let their patients sleep on it.
        Once my results came back and i was moved to ward 10, which was around lunch i think the basin still had tooth paste in of the morning where i suppose the ladies washed when they woke up. 2 bwd pans where placed right in front of the toilet which i moved out of the way with my foot so that i can use the toilet.
        When i asked why the bathroom had nit been cleaned for the day the cleaning lady said she is still working her way down...at lunch time...
        That very same cleaning lady was helping patients when they rang their bells assistants.
        I am not discriminating against her title or the kind if work she is doing, but, she is not qualified to assist patients.
        This afternoon a few of the students staff had a "disagreement" in front of my room of who is going to push a patient to theatre and not.
        A hour later they - the students made such a noise that i had ask them yo please quite down...they carried om with their loud convetsations for more than a hour...it actually sounded of they were
        kicking /pushing boxes up and down..i was so frustrated with the noise they made.
        I honestly think that the Management of this very expensive pvt hospital should re-visit the rules and spend more yime on the
        Floors to see what is really going on in this hospital.

RESOLVED

• Arwyp Medical Centre's response · Aug 19, 2021

Dear Charmaine, thank you for the opportunity to have engaged with you in person and we trust you are satisfied with our feedback. Warm regards, Team Arwyp.

Respond

Arwyp Medical CentreUnsatisfactory conduct at casualty - Dr Grieve and bad service at Customer Care

My spouse was involved in a car accident on the 01st Oct0ber 2020 and casualty staff was very useless in completing the patient report.

I submitted a J88 (police accident report) and insurance form for completion and i have been waiting for more than 6 months. The customer care lady (Annelie) useless and not helping at all. When you follow-up with her she just give a standard answer, she waiting for Dr. Grieve or not answer her phone at all.

Arwyp knows customer care when they want money but when you require they assistance they just treat you like sh!t. I wonder why they have people like Dr. Grieve and Annelie that I so useless. Annelie promised that she will get us the forms last week Friday, 18th June 2020, and nothing. Just empty promise. Arwyp staff can promise and not deliver - no accountability.

Will not recommend this hospital to family and friends.

Jun 18, 2021

Arwyp Medical Centre — Receptionist

I'm not one to do this but I think the receptionist I just got off a call with really crossed the line thi...

Arwyp Medical CentreReceptionist at the specialists department

To whom it may concern

I was attending a Dr's Appointment for a follow up with my ENT Dr. FB MDLETSHE on 30th March 2020 at Arwyp at about 15h30pm. She previously attended to me at Rivonia. The receptionist there who assist the DRs/ Specialists was very rude towards me.

She asked me to fill up a form with my details for the second time (but different hospitals) I then asked if the Dr needs it again. She responded: " I am just doing what I have been told".

Is it professional? Polite and respectful to answer a client like that?

I was really angry and reported her to to the Dr. Apparently most people complained about her attitude.

I have decided to raised it here. For the concerned partie to be addressed and disciplined accordingly.

As for Dr FB MDLETSHE, she is literally good. She is currently following me with my issue and no issues or problems so far.

Thanks,
            Regards
            Bettina Moussana
            [protected]

Jul 12, 2020

Arwyp Medical Centre — Bad service and unprofessionalism

I went to the hospital on the 10th of July 2020 around 12 pm and 20 weeks pregnant bleeding with abdominal...

Arwyp Medical CentreReally fed up with this hospital now

My husband is a Patient for the last 3 years been operated on over 10 times. 5 times on his hand each time a 100k he was operated on his hand the day he was supposed to be discharged was readmitted on the same place .medical aid was charged 200 k for the doctors mess up .medical aid only paid 120k cause they are disputing this bill .now the hospital wants me to pay 80k we are unemployed my son pays the medical aid .with my husband's grant i have been paying co payments for 3 years now .But not anymore before we contact the medical aid to ask for a refund of that 120 k cause this was the doctors mess up .he was fitted with a 170 k pacemaker which he did not need and we kept quiet not anymore .we want to know from the hospital board what you gping to do cause we are preapaid tp fight this now your immediate attention is required .Pamela Rajpaul.

Dec 30, 2019

Arwyp Medical Centre — lack and failure to communicate with patient

I had an injury around October 2019 where I got stitches due to the deep wound I'd acquired. From there...

Nov 28, 2019

Arwyp Medical Centre — I had a car accident and then got sent to a government hospital even when my medical aid still had funds

I was involved in a car accident, and went to Arwyp private hospital. They took my blood test and did a head...

Arwyp Medical Centreservice

I was admitted at Arwyp, firstly I would like to say I know Arwyp to be the best private hospital compared to the ones I have been to, But i was admitted twice in July and I must say that things are not the way they used to be.Night stuff at casualty are not so welcoming at all, Not helpful and not friendly some are scary with tattoos all over their bodies, I was even scared to ask for water, for a moment there I felt like I was in Tembisa hospital.Doctor that was attending to me looked like she didn't know what she was doing, I was left with more questions than answers.Then I was admitted, night stuff again was not so good I asked twice for my drip to be checked both times she said she was coming back and never did.after I was discharged I started getting messages that I am liable for time I spent at Arwp after my discharge time had passed the person sends messages with wrong spelling to clients (So unprofessional)...obviously the person didn't check her facts because my time had not passed and besides I was still waiting for my injection...it was a very disappointing experience

Jan 29, 2019

Arwyp Medical Centre — bad service

I brought my daughter (Peyton Kiara Bouwer) in on Saturday 26 January 2019, she had blood shot tonsils now...

Jan 15, 2019

Arwyp Medical Centre — very bad service

My husband was admitted for spinal chord surgery. I thank God it went well compared to the service i...

Arwyp Medical Centre — way I was treated when my mother just died

Mom died in your hospital on 1 sept 2015. I raced there after the message that she was dying. Me and my 5yr...

Arwyp Medical Centre — Service level of the doctors

To whom it may concern: I am writing to raise my concern regarding the Dr Wypkema unprofessional service. It...

Arwyp — Bad service

I was assisted by Clive who lacked courtesy, he said you Short 41c I proposed 2 fetch it frm my car, he said...