CBE GroupHarassing phone calls

M Review updated:

This company keeps calling me every single day at 9:30 AM. I have spoken to them a few times and told them I do not owe this bill for whatever they are calling for. I am 73 years old and physically unwell and they keep harassing me and waking me from sleep every single day. Beause I am ill I don't sleeep well at night and they disturb me every single day. I want them to stop calling me as it is very upsetting. My blood pressure rises and I get very upset. This has got to stop.

• Vi
    Viddo Feb 02, 2010

I am being harassed by the CBE Group, Inc. everyday for the last few months. They start calling my house at 8am and I pick up the phone, they hang up. I have tried calling the number that appears on my caller id and I can never get a person. I don't have any outstanding debts.

Chico Jul 01, 2010

This company needs to retrain their employees on proper customer service and work ethics. One representative handling my account particularly named Jordan is unprofessional. Somebody else can do a better job than this guy, since there are many unemployed people out there.

• Di
    Disonnes Jul 07, 2010

CBE keeps calling the company cell-phone that I carry. I know they aren't looking for me so it must be a previous owner of the number. I turned the ringer off for their phone number and they've become invisible.

• Mo
    momoftgkc May 04, 2011

I've been receiving 10 calls a day on my Cell phone from the CBE Group. To me they are harassing me by calling me that many times a day, it's way past ridiculous. I have no idea who these people even are. They say they are attempting to collect a debt. I have never had any debts. They just called me again about 5 minutes ago and insisted they want their money, etc. I told the guy to take me off their calling list. He was like sorry we can't do that.
    Thanks,
    Jen Hendrix

• Je
    Jerry Moren Aug 14, 2012

Multiple calls from 678 331 7272 to my cell phone

• Always be alert Apr 24, 2013

These debt collectors have the responsibility to prove you owe the 'debt' they claim you owe...There is something you can do, but, you must be the one to do it...If the debt is not yours, send them a Cease and Desist letter telling them the 'debt' they claim you owe is not valid and to immediately cease any further communication with you regarding this 'debt'. It must be sent in writing, using certified mail and with return receipt requested. They MUST, by federal law, stop contacting you. I hope this helps...

MattSu Dec 26, 2014

They've been robo-dialing my cell phone, trying to get me to "verify information" like last 4 of my SSN, etc. I say the same thing every time - I don't verify that kind of information with anyone over the phone. They teel me "they can't help me then", and I tell them to stop calling then. I expect it will take a formal complaint to the CFPB to get them to stop.

Let me save you guys some time and aggravation. Anyone who depends on violating the TPA (robo-dialing a cell phone repeatedly, for instance) or making threats, claiming to be representing someone they are not (violation of FDCPA) are generally trying to scam people to pay debts that are the vast majority of the time noncollectable. They resort to these illegal tactics because they bought old debt for pennies or fabricated it outright, so if they can get even 10 percent of the people they harass to pay them something they make a profit. They will say/do whatever they can to fight back. If you give in and pay, they will tag you as an easy mark and it will continue until some state sues them and makes them move on. A year later they start all over again. Until the CFPB shuts them down for good, the only thing you can do is refuse to give any information, send a C&D letter instructing them to stop calling, and wait them out.

• Lo
    loujdln Oct 06, 2015

We have just started to get these phone calls, this has been going on now everyday, any time of the day, early morning before 9a.m. and after 10 p.m., which is against the law in our state, any way.We answered one of their calls, they just sat on the line and said nothing, I told them, we are going to turn them in to FTC, AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, AND BBB. I was told a long time ago, not to answer these calls, because if you owe a bill, then that just renews it and tells them you agree that you owe the bill. They are calling my husbands work number and my work number, they have not found out our home numbers yet. They have called now for 2 weeks straight over 5 times a day. We know the number and don't answer. Their number is 855-459-1112. Something does have to be done about them. They are breaking most all the laws for collecting debts and their, I guess, getting away with it, SO FAR.

• Ti
    TimeforaChange InGovernment Apr 05, 2020

A debt you owe, gets to a collection company, because it's been written off as a 'loss' on company's taxes. Debt is listed as a negative for 3-10 yrs, on your credit history.
    Collection comp. pay pennies on every $1, for that company's losses, (outstanding debts). Meaning, they PAID FOR YOUR DEBT @A HUGE DISCOUNTED PRICE, although said debt, is no longer owed. They're trying to get $ X 10, back from you, even though, you never asked them to buy your debt.
    Never, ever, answer any stanger, who calls & asks, "is this so-n-so?" If you answer "Yes." They can use that against you, making you LEGALLY liable for that old debt, you owed. They can, & usually do, follow up with/legal proceedings, if you don't pay. And, IT GOES BACK ON TO YOUR CREDIT, AS A NEGATIVE, FOR ANOTHER 3-10 YEARS!