Castle Rock Securityfraudulent charges

M

I signed for a two year contract and was told by the salesman that after two years I was free to cancel anytime. After two years they changed their company name from SAI to Castle Rock Security and then when I wanted to cancel the contract, they refused to do it unless I paid a huge penalty. They said it automatically renewed every year. I was never informed of this.
They are harassing me for payment of $381.00 for breaking a renewal contract I never was informed of! Please HELP!

• Nr
    N.Rose Nov 22, 2010

Dreadful customer service. Forced contract renewal. Blatant disregard of individual customer concerns. Sign up at your own risk. When my contract is up I will say Hasta Nunca!

• Dc
    dctarheel40 Oct 06, 2010

Like you I have fallen prey to the auto renewal clause. I didn't even know about the provision. I was contacting them because the system wasn't working. After getting the run around for two weeks because a service technician hadn't called me I sent faxed a cancellation letter and emailed one to the following address [email protected] I ended up receiving a response from David Brown ([email protected]) stating he wanted to take care of the problem, but informing me that I couldn't cancel because of the auto renewal that had taken place in the previous month so I was obligated to pay for the next 11 months.

If anyone starts a class action I'm in. I'm looking into filing a complaint with the State Attorney General. If you know anyone looking for a security company please discourage them from using CastleRock. There service is piss poor and the management is CRAP. They do not care about having good customer experience.

CastleRock email contacts for emailing your cancellation to make sure they receive it.
    [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

• Te
    Ted1199 Aug 18, 2010

None of us are ever going to succeed.

None of us are ever getting out. I have a stop payment at my bank. They've not sent me to a collections agency called Joseph, Mann and Creed that if you Google are just as corrupt as Castle Rock.

I've written to the FTC, the BBB and to both the MN Attorney General and the Illinios Attorney General to no avail. I got a postcard from the Illinois Atty General letting me know they got my package (including copies of EVERYTHING). I also got a nice letter from my own MN Atty General and a copy of the letter she sent Castle Rock, but have heard nothing since. BBB dropped it because they said it was obvious there would be no resolving it.

I am sending a letter tomorrow to Joseph, Mann and Creed letting them know that no matter how many times they try to call and extort money from me, I will not pay a dime. Period.

This will be the only blemish on my credit, how awful is that. I am a consumer that tries hard to do everything right and there seems to be no recourse for any of us.

• Te
    Ted1199 Aug 18, 2010

You are not alone.

• Cd
    cdubya42 Aug 13, 2010

They take money out of my account on the 26th of every month for the last 3 years. They claim that they tried to contact us. They now say that since we did not cancel with them 30 days prior to the end of our contract that we are now automatically obligated for another year.

• Ki
    K in Texas Aug 02, 2010

Called to cancel contract and was told contract has been extended for another year. My original contract was with APX. I had never received any correspondence from Castle Rock. Customer Service is rude and not helpful. I closed account they were debitting. I have registered a complaint with the Fraud dept, Illinois Attorney General, 100 West Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60601. Register your complaint so we can stop this fraudulant company!

• Ju
    Juststu Jul 12, 2010

I had @ 1 year left on my contract and tried to get it cancelled. I was told even if my home is forclosed I would still be required to pay my contract. I said OK, I guess I'm stuck. I then said to cancel when my contract was obligated. No one said anything about a written request, also, 30 days prior to expiration. Trying to make sure, I contacted them @ 3 weeks prior to termination and sent the written request and was told sorry, They didn't get it 30 days prior and I am stuck for another year. I am looking to get the media involved and get them some bad press.
    Thanks for letting me vent!!

• Dr
    Dr, who! Jul 08, 2010

That is a bunch of crap stay on castle rock! Don't let up !!!They will have stop respect your three day write of resition! Just do a stop payment and ask where your agreement is that you signed and can they provide a recorded conversation with you that you agreed to this! Then go from there ! they will fold!!!

• Ba
    Basss8dog Jun 30, 2010

I wante dto cancel my contract, and was told that I would still have to pay for the 3 years that I verbally agreed to less than 24 hours ago. I was offered more services through another provider and a lower price. The person I spoke with said there was NOTHIONG they could do about it and tha tI had to pay through the end of the contract in 2013. Can you help?

• Mi
    mishdable78 Jun 29, 2010

I was just told the same thing. We went with Frontline in April 2007 and were told if we moved the contract would be cancelled. First of all, we have fulfilled the 36 month agreement. They renewed us without advising us of our options. Now we are selling our house and they are refusing to cancel our service.

What can I do? PLEASE help!

• Bm
    bmd Jan 07, 2010

Hi Martin I think I can help you in your situation.After your contract the company can cancel your agreement without the remaining balance of the contract.The key is to complaint to upper management not team leads or Supervisors.TRUST THIS WILL WORK.Let me know if you have any questions

• Il
    IL consumer Dec 16, 2009

States Attorney Consumer Fraud Division for help
    other wise a class action is the way to go

• Ne
    nebrwegies Sep 14, 2009

We have been trying to cancel our service with this organization for over 4 months unsuccessfully. The customer representatives refuse to listen and read from a "contract" that we do not have access to.

Martin Goold Aug 28, 2009

Automatic renewing of contract without contacting customer. Automatically charging for contract with contacting customer. Refusal to undo the renewal even when contacted by customer. Operating under-the-table dishonestly stealing money from working Americans. Do not monitor/respond to security alarm services in homes even if contract is current.