Silverline Security Logo

Silverline Security

Having problems with Silverline Security?

Silverline Security reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 15, 2008. The latest review alarm system was posted on Dec 14, 2018. The latest complaint Customer Service was resolved on Nov 28, 2011. Silverline Security has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 11 reviews. Silverline Security has resolved 7 complaints.

Silverline Security Customer Service Contacts

PO BOX 277
Midvale, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Silverline Security Customer Service. Initial Silverline Security complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Silverline Security above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Silverline Security. Discuss the issues you have had with Silverline Security and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Silverline Security Complaints & Reviews

Silverline Securityalarm system

I have been away from this company over two years and they are still hitting my credit score. Even after I fulfilled my contract and they tried to automatically renew it without my consent! Then they had the audacity to charge me $1200 for a system that stopped working 6 months in and was never repaired! Calling the BBB( Better Business Bureau)! I've been harassed with phone calls at work and home. Numerous letters adding additional charges, and even conversations with some of the rudest people imaginable because I was unhappy with the service and wanted out after my contract expired.

• Updated by Micheal Adkins · Dec 14, 2018

Wrong company ! It was Safe home not silverline! And they are still trying to bill me ! And actually jacking up my credit scores!

Silverline SecurityCustomer Service

Silverline targeted my 75 year old mother for a contract. After 6 calls over the course of 4 months to get someone to fix the system that stopped working after 6 months, and no service technician to show up and fulfill the service agreement, my mother called and said she would stop payment to the contract, and they threatened to sue. People who prey on the elderly are sub-human. Why not provide the service if you expect the pay??? People, please choose a security company with a recognizable name, and a local reputation that you can personally verify. Silverline Security is a money gathering scam.

Silverline SecuritySCAM three day trial on a three year contract!

Yes, I agree it is a SCAM. They targeted my elderly mother, who had ADT signs in her yard AND a no solicitations sign on BOTH of her front doors. And what kind of a reputable company offers a THREE day trial on a three year contract? My mother contacted her sales rep RYAN LYMAN (as in LIE-MAN, should have been a hint!) within her three days. He told her she had to put it in writing and mail it to the company in Utah. There went the three days! I found out about this and tried to call Mr. Ryan Lyman, and no answer, wasn't even able to leave a message. As I type this, I'm waiting on BECKY from Alarm Protection Technology. She said she would call Mr. Ryan Lyman and get back in touch with me. That was two hours ago!
      I have told my mother to cancel her automatic withdrawal from her bank. When they try to come after her I'll handle them. I work for a TV station in the Memphis market which is affiliated with the national syndicated show "America Now". Our top journalist can be seen daily on "America Now." I intend to put as much publicity warning people about this company across the nation as I possibly can. I'm contacting the Attny. General in both states, the BBB (which has NINE pages of complaints against SILVERLINE SECURITY).
      SILVERLINE SECURITY IS A RIP-OFF.

• Pm
          P Morton Feb 21, 2012

Whatever, Hettie. Sounds like you ARE Ryan Lyman; a bit defensive, aren't you? You also need to rework your definition of a scam. A security system is both a product (the hardware) AND the service. Did Mr Snyder receive adequate service? No. No he did not, nor his mother. And therefore by your own definition: scam. You very well know this "service" is simply a predatory reseller of security systems. Silverline is simply the sales front. And to make money, the need signed contracts. That's it. So they don't give a damn about really providing any value. Deny all you want, but you *know* this is the case. If they were a legit company, why so many complaints all over the Web? And why are they (Mr Ben Sutherland) selling a "alarm permit fee" for $99 when NO SUCH PERMIT EVEN EXISTS? Yeah, explain that one. http://connect2utah.com/news/features/gephardt/stories/vid_26.shtml

Hettie Nov 18, 2011

First of all, your complaint doesn't make sense. You make it sound like Ryan never answers his phone, when in fact your mother got a hold of him and was able to receive instructions on what to do. Plus, if you had called Ryan and told him about it taking three days to mail in the paperwork, he would have called Silverline and had them understand that and you would have still been able to cancel. In fact, he did do that with another customer (that customer was probably you). Second, a scam is where you pay for something and don't get the product you paid for or you are overcharged for something that should never cost what they charge you in the first place. Did your mother get a security system installed in her home? Yes. Was it working? I'm sure it was. Therefore that is not a scam. What is a scam is ADT. How much did ADT charge your mother for equipment? How much did Silverline charge you for your equipment? Also, slander a company all you want, but how dare you slander a hard-working man's name. He is literally trying to provide for his family, he is constantly on his phone (I know him personally) with customers, he is honest and very hard-working. He answers his phone personally (you don't have to go through prompts to get to him), so of course he can't ALWAYS answer. But I guarantee he will call you back. So take your bitter attitude down a notch and think before you speak.

Silverline SecurityHorrible Install

My wife just had the system installed yesterday. Yet the sales man and the installer was very nice, but when the the system was installed i had to test it myself and break in my own house. Of course nothing happend i made it from my basement door up the stairs and then into my bedroom(wow) and then made my way into my livingroom. How safe is that. If you believe you safe with this system then you must be a fool, just give me your address and let me prove it to ya, all it does is give you a false since of security. We are go in to be call in them to today to have it removed lets see how that goes; and ill post more later. Thanks and i hope that you do what my wife didnt do and just do a little reserach before you sign anything.

• Or
            Ordinary Guy Jan 15, 2012

The system is not active for 3 days. This is to insure you are going to keep. Its the same with all companies. The salesman should have been more informed. Further more: If anyone knows the law... Any person 75 years of age or older has a total of 30 days to cancel any contract. Know your facts before you open your mouth.

Hettie Nov 18, 2011

Also, "slime of the earth"... really? These are the people you consider slime of the earth?... you need to get out more.

Hettie Nov 18, 2011

Did you get switched from a different company? If so, it takes three days (as should have been explained to you) before the monitoring gets fully switched over.

• Pi
            pisseoffconsumer Oct 24, 2011

They ripped off my 80 year old mother. Disabled a working security system I had installed the month before. Installed theirs (incorrectly ) I might add. And left my 80 year old mother unprotected while I was out of town working for over a month before I caught it. Brought it to managements attention but they just told me they would investigate as soon as possible. told me they were backed up with complaints ???? Imagine that> Even called the boss. Nothing. THEY ARE SLIME AND ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY .THEY RIP OFF OLD PEOPLE!! Beat their ###, and then throw them out of your home.

• Pi
            pisseoffconsumer Oct 24, 2011

They scammed my 80 year old mother . Got her checking account number and left her unprotected while I was working out of town working.Now we have to close a checking account she has had for over 30 years. Tried to get them to do the right thing. they ingore it and keep taking her money. They are the slime of the earth. Beat them then throw them out of your home.

Silverline SecurityHappy, not sad

I've had some run ins with Silverline Security and have nothing negative to say about them. I'm just posting a good review where it's due and our dealings with Silverline Security has been nothing but great results. We started with ADT a few years back, but when Silverline came to us and laid out the plan and weakness of our current alarm system, we talked to a few others, discussed pricing and we were set. Now, a couple years later, we're still happy, had one occurance where the system performed flawlessly!!! Thank you.

• Ta
              tayjay Jan 26, 2011

I wish that when you called Silverline for support, that they would pick up quicker. I guess its only like a few minutes, but i hate waiting for customer service on the phone in general. Like the touchscreen panel though, its easier to use that the old honeywell panel we had from adt.

Silverline Security — SCAM

Please run away from this SHADY SHADY company. They do the majority of the sales during the summer. They will...

Silverline Security Company — Scam

A sales rep came to my door and was very rude to not just myself but the rest of my family. They claim to be...

Silverline SecurityMisrepresentation of Company

Two representatives from Silverline Security (Safeguard America) knocked on my door even though I have a highly visible sign on my door discouraging solicitors. I asked them several questions through the door and wasn't able to understand what they represented. Finally, they said they were with BGE (our local gas and electric company). I asked if there was a fee for what they were doing, and they said, "No". I opened the door to find two salesmen from Silverline Security standing there. They have no connection with BGE and charge a minimum of $125 for their security system. I believe that these salesmen blatantly misrepresented their company and its fees. They also ignored my request for privacy.

Joe mamason May 21, 2012

Guy knocked on my door today. Shirt said GE. Was selling security systems blah blah blah free this discount that. Said I wasn't ready for any system and I wasn't gona commit to anything. Told him to give me a business card and id think about it. And surprise he said he didn't have a card. Wrote his cell # on piece of paper with GE safeguard... But the web site he wrote down was silverline security systems...? Seems kinda shady to me. If I get a system I will be contacting a well known proven company who I contact first. Not a random door to door person who seams to be posing as one company but really working for another.

• St
                StayStrapped555 Aug 21, 2010

OMG!!! I can NOT believe I am reading all these scams from this company!!! I just called the police on one of these guys!!! The idiot had no idea i already had security and with a push of the bottom, the police had him answering questions!!! This guy not only came off rude and unprofessional, but he lied about his real name, claimed to represent GE (major lie), and on and on! His name is really Travis Sparling but claimed to be "Robert" and said he worked for GE but really works for some "get rich quick" sales place called Silverline Security that probably is not legit. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR FOR THESE FOOLS! and keep your POLICE on speed dial! To much crime out here to be too careful. If you need a reputable security system, you go TO the company, they dont have to come to you...AND keep some HEAT close by! Too many crooks are out here!

Malvinaj Aug 07, 2010

Well my husband just ran off the Silverline rep today.The whole story was BS.free equiptment, three year contract.They said he was working for GE, more BS.Don't deal with this company, I am in New Iberia la, so they are everywhere.Every lie I read on the scam websites were just how this company represented themselves.

• Ra
                Rachell70084 May 27, 2010

I had Silverline come to my home. It was a brother and sister working for the Co. Silverline Sercurity. They were the two neicest ppl. I usually do not like strangers. They told me what they were doing, clearly stated they were with Silverline Security. One of the reps did say General Elec. but that they were auth dealers for GE. Which by the way is not misrepresenting. Anyways, I was not able to get a home security system at this time. They did not push me, they respected me descion. However I know I will call them if I do decide to get one.

Christal Jun 06, 2009

Silverline Security **just** knocked on my door here in Odenton, Maryland 21113. When I asked the person on my porch to identify himself, he said he was from Silverline (which I had never heard of), and then said he was from General Electric, which was a misrepresentation. I did not appreciate someone trying to sell something to me, uninvited, in my own home. The whole key to whether or not a company is ethical and reputable is **time.** I asked the salesperson to give me **time** to review the paperwork and think about the offer before I signed... any reputable sales person would have respected that. Instead, this individual started explaining to me how the offer was a really limited time opportunity, and I needed to jump on it then and there. I explained to him that I did not appreciate being accosted at my own home, and asked him if he could come by the next day, but he declined. He asked what questions I had about his company, because maybe he could clear them up; I said it wasn't a matter about him clearing up anything... It was just a matter of him backing off and giving me **time** as I did not feel comfortable signing my name on anything 15 minutes after meeting someone. The more he pushed the issue, the more red flags went up in my mind. I asked him for his business card, as well as any other literature he had. He did not give me a business card, and did not leave a copy of the contract for me to review. This APPROACH is predatory and inappropriate. NO ONE SHOULD FEEL LIKE THEY ARE A CAPTIVE AUDIENCE IN HIS OR HER OWN HOME. NO ONE SHOULD EVER FEEL RUSHED OR PUSHED INTO ENTERING INTO ANY CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT, ESPECIALLY FOR FIVE YEARS.

As a former military attorney, I've briefed young soldiers (who have a low-level of financial literacy and are more susceptible to scams), on how to identify and avoid high-pressure sales tactics. Scams work because they appeal to people's emotions, needs, and desires. The desire to feel secure in one's own home is what every homeowner wants--that is the carrot... that is what gets them through the door. Then, they use that carrot as a stick, and beat you about the neck and shoulders, making you feel guilty or stupid for not being more security conscious by purchasing a system from them. The old adage, "if something is too good to be true, it probably is" is infallable. If the same deal won't be available a week from now, perhaps it's not worth the paper it's written on.

Don't just close the door if someone from Silverline Security knocks on your door; treat them like the criminals they are and call the police.

Silverline Security — Worst customer service, false ad

This company hires many young salespeople just out of high school or college to fool customers with false...

Silverline SecurityBad service

They are very rude and disrespectful. All they care about is money. We need to report them to the Better Business Bureau, since not every customer has access to the internet.

anothersalesrep Nov 26, 2011

Met with the albino, bald owner. He really is a weird guy. His own recruiter says hes socially ###ed and after I personally met with him can't agree more. He's obviously in his late thirties but tries to talk like he's young and kept saying -that's so sick- to everything I said. What a loser.

• Hm
                  hmartinez Mar 19, 2010

The proof is in the pudding. My friend's brother works for Silverline in Salt Lake City, Utah; and my friend even says it is a huge scam. They get a commission of each sale and right now a hundred dollar bonus, if they sign up 10 people in the month they also get an iPhone... Clearly, with this type of motivation they will tell you whatever you want to hear, and once you sign the contract you are locked into a horrible scam! I am currently being baggered by my friend's brother via facebook to sign up with him. Shady!!!

• Gm
                  gmnd Nov 01, 2009

I have worked in the alarm industry for a lot of years and just want to offer some helpful advice. The positive comments on this board are most likely written by the owners or employers of silverline. Silverline is one of the thousands of alarm companies who sell alarm contracts. They install a "free" system, you sign a contract for service, and they sell the contract to a larger company who will bill you for the service. They check your credit because the purchaser will not buy your contract if your credit score is less than 600 FICO. If you have bad credit Silverline will offer to install your system and probably have you pay a deposit. If you default, they will send you to collections and use it as a tax write off. Silverline will service your account for the first year and if you default on the agreement the company who purchased your contract may have the right to charge back silverline for selling them a bad contract. Silverline may thousands of satisfied customer nationwide, but as I stated the positive comments here are most likely from their employees.

Just read this quote (sales pitch)

"For a company with as many customers as Silverline Security, I'd say it's incredible they only have at max 10 complaints. That leaves thousands of customers nationwide that are completely satisfied with their experience. One or two bad remarks shouldn't be enough to leave someone discouraged. Don't be afraid to do business with Silverline, as they are a great company to work with."

1. Dont buy stuff from door to door sales people. it will always be more expensive. Door-to-door alarm salesmen get paid 300-500 per sale. Their commision gets factored into what you pay IE your monthly rate will be higher and the contract will be longer.

2. Make sure the company who installs your system is not going to sell your contract. When you sign up for service you want to work with the same company and not be passed around.

3. Consider a reputable local company. For example with my company, we sell the system and install it. We contract with a high quality central station to provide the monitoring service and we pay the monitoring center. If something goes wrong with the system we have 24 hour tech support and promise to be onsite within 24 hours to fix it. We never sell the contract. We warranty the system and if anything needs to be repaired or replaced we do it at no cost to the customer (no hidden trip chrages either) We have rates around $25/month. We have all the latest technologies available (remote internet access, and cellular backup, two-way voice, etc.) We would do anything to make sure our customers are happy. When a company sells your contract, they have no financial incentive to ever talk to you again. They would prefer you never call them or contact them again. Contacting them will only cost them money, not make them a penny extra. With a company who does NOT sell your contract your money goes to them every single month. It is a lot cheaper to keep an existing customer that get a new customer. Which type of company do you think will provide the best "after-sale service"?

Jake12 Jul 01, 2009

As a Silverline Security customer of almost 3 years now, I am shocked to read these complaints. I was never treated anyway but professionally, and have been completely satisfied with not only the system that was put in my home, but also the customer service. Anytime the alarm goes off, the monitoring company is very prompt to help out. Anytime I've needed to get ahold of someone to ask a question, no matter what time of what day I call, I have no problems getting in touch with a friendly customer service rep. For a company with as many customers as Silverline Security, I'd say it's incredible they only have at max 10 complaints. That leaves thousands of customers nationwide that are completely satisfied with their experience. One or two bad remarks shouldn't be enough to leave someone discouraged. Don't be afraid to do business with Silverline, as they are a great company to work with.

-Jake

Christal Jun 06, 2009

Silverline Security **just** knocked on my door here in Odenton, Maryland 21113. When I asked the person on my porch to identify himself, he said he was from Silverline (which I had never heard of), and then said he was from General Electric, which was a misrepresentation. I did not appreciate someone trying to sell something to me, uninvited, in my own home. The whole key to whether or not a company is ethical and reputable is **time.** I asked the salesperson to give me **time** to review the paperwork and think about the offer before I signed... any reputable sales person would have respected that. Instead, this individual started explaining to me how the offer was a really limited time opportunity, and I needed to jump on it then and there. I explained to him that I did not appreciate being accosted at my own home, and asked him if he could come by the next day, but he declined. He asked what questions I had about his company, because maybe he could clear them up; I said it wasn't a matter about him clearing up anything... It was just a matter of him backing off and giving me **time** as I did not feel comfortable signing my name on anything 15 minutes after meeting someone. I asked him for his business card, as well as any other literature he had. He did not give me a business card, and did not leave a copy of the contract for me to review. While "Mark Talmage" and "John" may have had good experiences, this does not negate the fact that the APPROACH is predatory and inappropriate. NO ONE SHOULD FEEL LIKE THEY ARE A CAPTIVE AUDIENCE IN HIS OR HER OWN HOME. NO ONE SHOULD EVER FEEL RUSHED OR PUSHED INTO ENTERING INTO ANY CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT, ESPECIALLY FOR FIVE YEARS.

john May 28, 2009

Mark, where did you do business with them? They came to my door as well and since I was in the market I thought I would give them a try. I had a great experience with them so far but I read these reviews and have been torn if I should cancel or not.

Marktalmage May 27, 2009

I am suprised to read these complaints about Silverline. I have done business with them since 2004 and they have been nothing but respectful, customer service oriented, and fair. For anyone who is in the market for a home security system I would highly recommend this company. The representative who knocked on my door was a gentleman and delivered on everything he said he was going to do. The installation took about an hour and a half but other than that it's been a great experience.

- Mark

• C
                  C Nov 21, 2008

It is so true. After you receive the first bill that is when you find out that most of the components that they sell could have been optional and they refuse to remove them.

Silverline SecurityRip off

I worked as a tech for 4 months for these a#@holes, and never received my "back-end". Its a bunch of bs they told me i would make at least $40, 000 and only saw about $2, 000 they gave throughout the whole 4 months. I ended up having to go out of pocket, but i did it because they promised me they would give the rest at the end of the summer, i have yet seen a dime. They claimed we stoled equipment and thats why we didn't receive our money, but really its just a way to fu#@ you over with your money. I mean why the hell would we want to steal a bunch of cheap sensors???? Save yourself a summer of misery, take a summer job at jack in the box, you'll make a lot more there.