Casablanca ExpressFull of lies and scams

J

I was lured to Casablanca Express by saying I won one of those drawings you sign up for in the mall. I ended up attending a timeshare presentation for about 3 hours and "won" a trip and a free night's stay at a motel. Before I received any of the "free" goodies, I had to write a check for $50 to cover taxes, etc. Fast forward about 3 months later and I had 4 days before I was supposed to go to Disneyland and stay at a motel...but had received nothing.

I called customer service, and was greeted by a rude and contrite woman. She asked me to confirm my address, and I did, but told her I moved a few weeks ago. She gave me some smartass remark about "well, if you called us when you moved, maybe you would have gotten your paperwork by now!" The not-so-bright customer service agent doesn't understand the concept of mail forwarding and how it shouldn't affect the time mail is received. I explained Casablanca was not on my list of priorities when changing address information (in fact, I hadn't even thought of it until our scheduled trip came around).

She proceeded to give me the motel information (Best Value Inn in Anaheim - which, she never informed me, there are TWO of), and when I asked how to get the tickets, she said at the Best Value Inn.

Needless to say, the day of our planned motel-stay and Disneyland trip, we drove 35 miles to the motel, only to find out they did NOT have our tickets!! Casablanca Express was conveniently closed that day, so we had no way of finding out where our tickets were stashed. Three months of preparation and excitement, and we were left with an hour and a half of driving and nothing.

I had my boyfriend call Casablanca the next morning and speak to someone, who told him that they would have given me the correct hotel to pick up the tickets, had I not hung up on them! THIS IS UTTERLY FALSE. I hope they keep phone records to prove that I never hung up. They said the Ramada Inn (??) had our tickets. I called the Ramada Inn who said I had 6 more hours to pick up the tickets before they were voided.

Long story short, this whole situation is a mess, customer service is appalling and rude (and apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so!) and I'm waiting for some sort of compensation for this atrocity and waste of time.

• Si
    sinigang Jan 09, 2010

I am so glad I took the time to research about Casablanca. I got the "Choose your two night getaway" certificate and boy, was I excited! I've been to timeshare seminars a couple of years before and I have been fortunate to have dealt with aggressive but courteous salespersons. I thought I'd give this one a try. First I went online and see what's going on with this company. Oh boy! After reading so many complaints and all the hassles associated with this free stuff ... would I want this to be my reward for working hard all year long? Needless to say, down the shredder the glossy certificate went. Like they say people ... anything that's free -- on this case not totally --- has and always will ... have a catch!!!

Those rude salespersons definitely are on commission basis. They are trained to be ruthless - just like bill and tax collectors. I don't blame them entirely. Their rent money or car note, braces, grocery bills, etc. depend on muliple bookings and upgrades. That being said, even if you did go through the tedious process and the stress you were subjected to ... I don't envy you finding the pot of gold at the end of a gutter, er, rainbow, at all. But congratulations for passing the shark-infested waters.

• Ca
    CasaExec Jan 10, 2010

Casablanca Express is the nation’s premier promotional travel company. Founded in 1980, over 1 million people have traveled utilizing Casablanca Express promotional travel certificates.
    All Casablanca Express promotional travel certificates clearly explain what is included in the offer (i.e., type of accommodations, flight itineraries, etc.) and clearly explain conditions for travel (arrival days, advance notice, etc.). Upgrades over and above the original offer are available but are completely optional.
    Generally, inquiries arise from those who have not fully read and understood what is included in their certificate and/or have not followed instructions.
    We would like to hear from you and assist anyone who is:
    1) Having difficulties redeeming a Casablanca Express promotional certificate per its terms and conditions,
    2) Has experienced rude, unpleasant, or unprofessional behavior from a Casablanca Express employee.
    Please contact Sandy Lopez @ [protected] ext 2907 and she will be happy to assist you.

Sandy Lopez