Menu
Carvana Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Carvana
reviews and complaints

www.carvana.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.1 60 Reviews

How responsive is Carvana's customer service?

0 Resolved
41 Unresolved
Absolutely frustrating 🫠
It's quite possible that Carvana is not aware of the complaints or rarely monitors their existence because we find it hard to believe they don't care about their customers. We advise reviewers to be very careful and have a backup plan if their issue isn't addressed. Check out other unresolved complaints on ComplaintsBoard to avoid problems caused by Carvana's silence.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Carvana has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Carvana reviews and complaints 60

Newest Carvana reviews and complaints

M
7:16 pm EDT

Carvana Dishonest and rude

They seemingly approved my loan application, took thousands of dollars from my bank in downpayment, and forced me to buy an insurance policy. I then waited for several days with no response other than that the delivery of my car was on track. They finally texted me on the weekend and gave me 3 hours to complete some kind of "extra income verification" by providing them with tax returns. When I couldn't do that, they cancelled my order and offered me no help on how to regain the money I paid for insurance. The "advocate" I talked with online - a person named Valentina - was also incredibly rude and blunt. What kind of car dealer takes your money and then refuses to honor the loan contract?

P
8:04 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana Carvana borders on a scam

My car was not delivered on the date(s) promised. Customer service refused to update me on the status of the car until 3 weeks into delivery process and the car was already 2 weeks late. Customer service consists of excuse robots and canned responses regurgitated from the corporate script. The worst customer experience I have suffered through in my life, and I am old.

Carvana borders on a scam. If it cannot guarantee delivery, doesn't track its shipments and refuses to provide any information about weeks-long delays, it should be legally prohibited from operating as a business.

Desired outcome: I would like to be compensated for the time and inconvenience of being deprived the use of the car I purchased last month.

Read full review of Carvana and 1 comment
View 0 more photos
1 comment
Ann Marie Hoff
, US
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Meanwhile I tried to return the car within 7 days and they said I had it too long. Sounds like if its them they are very weak on the schedules! Must be whatever way they can make more money.

THEY ARE A SCAM.

P
5:54 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Carvana - My 2020 Range Rover Evoque

Subject: Urgent Resolution Required for Deceptive Sale and Unresolved Issues Dear Carvana Support Team, I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my deep disappointment and frustration with the recent experience I had with Carvana, involving the purchase of a vehicle that has resulted in significant inconvenience and distress. I believe it...

G
9:00 am EDT

Carvana Maintenance issue

When I tell you I have had the worst car purchase experience with Carvana ever in life. I went on-line last month 5/2023 and purchased a vehicle. A nice 2010 Audi S5 with 39,000 miles on it. Picture did no justice too this vehicle at all. It was the most beautiful car ever in person. It was black and shined like a coin. I had to pick it up an hour and a half away due to them not delivering in my area. So I picked up the vehicle and drove it home. It drove excellent on the highway. Got up to 200 mph but I was just cruising and enjoying the convertible car I have just purchased. When I arrived home and drove in my driveway the service engine light popped on. I said, you got to be kidding me. Now mind you, I picked up in Norfolk, Ma and of course you cannot get anybody from that office. So I called and I talk to Silver rock warranty and I took the car to Firestone and they said a hose popped off and they fixed it but said to drive it and see if it don't come back on again. So next day had to take car for inspection and tint was too dark was 14 % and Ma need to be at 35%. Called Silver rock and put in a second claim in two days and went to Mr Tint next day took off tint, filled up tank $60 and paid for inspection $35. After I picked my granddaughter up from school and was driving home, car overheated. Had to stop three times before I made it to my driveway and again called Silver rock for the third time in a week and wanted to take it to a transmission shop which was 32 miles away. Towing company from warranty told me that I had to pay $175 to have car towed. I told her the devil is a lie...called Carvana from a different phone due to them having my number stored in the system. Spoke to a lady and I swapped out the car for another S5 2017. Cost a bit more but was another beauty. Made appointment for pick up and they was to pick up old vehicle here at my home. That car was pulled in the garage since it overheated I could not drive it to drop off. Picked up new car on June 5th drove home hour and half away and needless to say, when I pulled in the driveway guess what service engine light came on in this car. Took it to Firestone and they don't have the Audi experience so I was informed to take it to the dealer. Called Audi and they took it on June 12th and today is June 15th and vehicle is still in the shop. Silver rock will be sending out an inspector to inspect the Audi decision on my repair on the vehicle. I said I hope you all are sending an Audi specialist to the Audi dealer and not sending someone who works on a Ford at the Audi dealership. I am beyond pissed off at this ordeal with these cars. Oh and did I mention, black car was just picked up last night june 14, 2023. Said they will be here between 7-8 pm and he showed up at 10:30 and almost had to drive back to New York because people do work in the morning. So now I drove this car maybe three times and it is sitting in the shop not drivable and my payment is due on the 7/5. Go figure. I have so many calls to Carvana listed on my call log and still no car. Told me I can rent a car and Silver rock pays only up to $400. I am so over Carvana...They get a -----------0000 from me.

O
5:23 am EDT

Carvana 2011Hyundai Sonata

Engine seized after driving only 15000 miles. Silver Rock claims warranty was expired. Only expired by 2-3 weeks and no notification. Were an older couple and live in an isolated area. Store, drs 34 mi away Have no money to repair or get another car. Have reported this to numerous agencies both government and private. Will definitely pass the word.

Desired outcome: Car repaired or replaced.

Carvana Carvana Review: Over-Promise, Under-Deliver

Well, I had a pretty rough experience with Carvana. I know, I know, I should have listened to all the bad reviews. But I thought, hey, maybe it won't happen to me. And at first, things seemed great. I found the car I wanted for a decent price and was able to have it delivered for free at a time that worked for me. Plus, the whole online process of buying the car was so much better than dealing with used car dealerships and sketchy individuals.

But of course, things started to go awry. Two days before the car was supposed to be delivered, I got a text saying it would be delayed for 10 days. And when I called to complain, they just kept apologizing. It was like their motto was "over-promise, under-deliver." After a lot of phone calls, I was finally able to arrange to pick up the car myself. But then they tried to charge me $500 for delivery, which was supposed to be free. More phone calls, more apologies.

Then, when I was actually driving to pick up the car, Carvana called to say it wouldn't be ready for another week. I was so frustrated, but I decided to keep going and hope for the best. And thankfully, we did get the car that day. But on the ride home, I noticed it had some issues and had to get it checked out by a mechanic. One of the front wheels was badly bent, which I had to pay to replace myself.

In the end, I did get my registration and title, and I even got the promised $250 and $500 reimbursements. But it was a huge hassle and not worth it. I think I'd rather deal with used car dealerships or individuals, at least I know what to expect. Carvana just made me feel stupid for buying a used car. And please, Carvana, don't bother trying to apologize - I don't think anyone takes your apologies seriously anymore.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana Buyer Beware: My Frustrating Experience with Carvana and Undisclosed Damage

I recently had an upsetting experience with Carvana that I want to share with others. I purchased a 2018 BMW X1 28i with 24,545 miles on it from Carvana on 3/31. However, shortly after purchasing the car, I noticed a check engine light displaying. I took the car to an approved repair shop, Monro, and they found multiple issues, including signs of flooding damage that Carvana did not disclose. The car was then in and out of shops for weeks as I attempted to address the issues with Carvana and their warranty and insurance providers.

It was a frustrating experience, to say the least. I was told conflicting information by different representatives and was given the runaround by Carvana. While I eventually got a new car, it was not without hassle and expense. To make matters worse, I am still paying off the BMW loan while waiting for Carvana to pay off the first loan so I can get a new loan. This has impacted my credit score and may even affect my ability to get a loan for a home in the future.

I understand that sometimes things can go wrong with purchases, but I caution anyone considering Carvana to be aware of their practices. They sold me a car with undisclosed damage, and then made it difficult for me to address the issues. Their customer service reps were not helpful, and it felt like they were just trying to get out of paying for the repairs.

In conclusion, I suggest that anyone considering Carvana should do their research and proceed with caution. My experience has been frustrating and costly, and I would not want others to go through what I went through.

Read full review of Carvana and 1 comment
1 comment
Ann Marie Hoff
, US
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wow, you got a new car. WIth me they said suck it.

C
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana Warning: Terrible Experience Dealing with Carvana: Lies, Delays, and Incompetence!

This is going to be a long review, but I have to be honest and warn you about Carvana. Every aspect of dealing with them has been awful and they suck. Their advertising campaign of being easy and breezy is false and total BS. They should change their slogan to "We'll drive you crazy and lie to you" because that's what they do. They'll lie and if you call them out on it, they'll say you were just misinformed.

Let's start with their chat feature. It's terrible! You never know who you're talking to and they all give different information without reading what was previously said. It's like starting over every time and it's infuriating. They blame it on a switch to another agent if you don't respond within 10 minutes, but what about when an agent takes more than 10 minutes to respond?

I went out of my way to get a loan and purchase insurance for a car I found on Carvana. I entered all my information, including loan and insurance details, and was told it was being held. However, the car was suddenly gone and someone else was buying it. Carvana said it was their error, but I had to get another loan on a different car.

Then, I found a second car and after entering all my information again, I made sure it was being held while loan approvals were being worked out. However, things weren't as they seemed. We were going to trade in our old car, but when I uploaded the title, I was told it wasn't valid because it had handwriting on it. I had to go to the DMV and pay for a new title that could take up to four weeks to arrive.

Trying to figure out whether to pay the remaining balance or wait for the new title, they gave me an extended hold. However, Carvana failed to inform me that it would completely change my delivery date and it was delayed by over 10 days. I asked if I could pick up the car earlier, but they said it would reset my entire purchase and lose my delivery date.

When the car finally arrived, it had dings and scratches that weren't listed on the website. I went over the issues with the driver, who wrote them down and took photos, but Carvana stated only four were submitted. It went back and forth with the local detailer and insurance company for weeks until finally resolved a month later.

The temporary license plate expired and I was supposed to receive my paperwork and plate before it did. I was told by one person that I could log into my dashboard and print out an extension plate, but when I tried, I couldn't. They said it wasn't possible and I was misinformed. My paperwork arrived two weeks late with no plate, and I was told I had to go to the local DMV to take care of it. I was charged $1300 in fees and taxes that I'd already paid to Carvana. They were supposed to send me a check if they couldn't provide a plate, but they admitted it was missed. When I followed up, I was told it would take 30 days to be approved and another 10-15 business days to arrive.

Each time I specifically requested a supervisor, I was told one would call me back within 24-72 hours, but I never received a call. Their customer service is terrible and every aspect of dealing with Carvana has been dysfunctional and horrible. They said I was being misinformed and their on hold music is terrible. Avoid this company!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana My Experience with Carvana: Convenience Comes with Caveats - A Comprehensive Review

So I decided to try out Carvana despite reading some terrible reviews. My experience is ongoing, and I will update this review as time moves on.

On February 1st, 2023, I placed an order with Carvana to pick up a vehicle on February 3rd, 2023, from one of their locations. Unfortunately, the pickup was cancelled last minute, and I had to take a $100+ Uber ride to the car's location, which was 42 miles away from my home. I was fuming because I took off work for this and did not want to pay for shipping. After expressing my disappointment to Carvana, they apologized. However, I was still upset, so I cancelled my order.

Despite the frustration, I saw another vehicle on the Carvana website that I really wanted, so I reordered it. However, this time, I pushed the date out by a week to allow them time to get the car in stock. Three days before the scheduled pickup, Carvana called me and said that I could pick up the car earlier because it was already at the pickup location. So, I went two days early instead of three.

Luckily, the Carvana representative at the pickup location was friendly and took me outside to discuss the vehicle's details and to examine the car before signing any paperwork. I found the car in almost pristine condition with low mileage, except that the tire pressure was low, the windshield wiper fluid was low, there was a small chip/crack in the windshield, and the original rugs were missing.

I documented all these issues by taking pictures and videos, and the Carvana representative immediately sprang into action. He called a local tire shop, and they fixed my tire, checked all the other tires, and topped off the windshield wiper fluid. He also informed me that he would file a claim to get the windshield fixed using the warranty and order new rugs.

After signing all the necessary documents, I left the pickup location, and here's where the issues began.

As an owner of a Tesla, I understand electric vehicles fairly well. However, when I tried to charge the Carvana car at multiple charging stations, I kept getting error messages. Although eventually, the car was fully charged, and I did not raise a big fuss at the time as I had the 7-day money-back guarantee, the 100-day warranty from Carvana, and a 35-month warranty from SilverRock.

After one day of no response from the Carvana representative, I reached out to them to support.

I also reached out to them about the windshield chip issue, and they referred me to SilverRock, which unfortunately did not have mechanics who could work on electric vehicles. They directed me to a dealership, who claimed to cover up to an hour of diagnostic time and would need to contact SilverRock to proceed with repairs if necessary.

I had to schedule the dealership appointment for the 14th of February, 2023, which extended my 7-day money-back guarantee. I do not want a car that has serious issues that I did not cause, and I would prefer for the dealer to look it over and see if it could be fixed through the warranty.

I informed Carvana about this issue, and the representative promised to send in the claim to get the windshield fixed, but never did. Carvana claims I never told them in person about the issues I found, but I had photographic proof which I showed them. The representatives said nothing concerning the videotaped conversation with their representative.

This deception disappointed me gravely and was unacceptable.

Furthermore, during the process of swapping the vehicles, the car disappeared from my Carvana account and was posted back on their website as available for purchase.

The representative assisting me with the swap seemed uninterested in hearing my concerns and merely transferred the whole deposit from my first car to my second car without checking with me.

In conclusion, I advise anyone purchasing a car through Carvana to document everything. Take pictures, videos, and screenshot every chat message. Scheduling deliveries about a week after shopping allows enough time to rectify any potential issues before making the final purchase.

Inform Carvana of any issues as soon as possible, and the 7-day money-back guarantee can be extended until the vehicle gets fixed, making deciding easier.

If the responses received through chat or speech are not satisfactory, reach out to multiple representatives and officials until a resolution has been met. Do not accept just apologies.

Consider purchasing the extended warranty despite it being expensive; it will be useful once Carvana's 100-day warranty lapses, and it can also be added to the car loan. Use the 100-day warranty in the first seven days as required.

Research and favorite other vehicles from Carvana's website just in case the car you receive does not meet your expectations.

Overall, Carvana's convenience is unbeatable, but there are some kinks to work out. If you despise pushy salesmen, Carvana provides a stress-free car-buying experience. But if you have bad credit, the interest rates may be higher than usual. I plan to visit the dealership on the 14th of February to sort out the charging issues, and I will keep updating this review accordingly.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana Disastrous Experience with Carvana: Delayed Delivery and Incompetent Customer Service

OMG, I had the worst experience with Carvana! Let me tell you, it was a disaster from the beginning. Okay, so I applied on April 8th, and it's May 19th now. Can you believe I'm STILL dealing with them? It was all so easy at first, almost like shopping on Amazon. I uploaded all my paperwork and even got approved for financing. But then, everything went wrong.

First of all, I live in Pittsburg, NH, which is in the middle of nowhere. I asked for direct delivery because I didn't want anyone to have to give me a ride to a pickup location. But Carvana made it seem like pickup locations were only in big cities like Boston or Pittsburgh. That wasn't going to work for me. Plus, they promised 5-15 business days for delivery once I was approved. But even though I got approved just a few days after applying, they kept delaying and delaying.

I had to keep calling them just to get any information at all. And even then, they were giving me the same answers over and over again. Finally, someone told me that my car wasn't even at the inspection location yet! If I hadn't kept calling, I wouldn't have my vehicle delivered until who knows when.

But it gets worse. They finally inspected my car and I thought everything was on track. But then they told me that I had to pay an extra $600 for delivery to my remote location. And every time I asked when it would be delivered, they couldn't give me an answer. They said it would be within 5-15 days, but I was already way past that point.

I was so frustrated that I finally said I'd just pick it up myself. They told me to go to Manchester, NH, which is a 3 hour drive from my house! And then they changed the delivery date multiple times, making it impossible for me to plan anything. This whole process was a nightmare.

Finally, after all those delays, I got my car delivered. But even then, they were still making demands and causing problems. At first, they said everything was good with my new address and my documents. And then they turned around and said they needed more proof of residency! I didn't have any, of course, since I'd just moved. But Carvana wouldn't listen. They kept making me jump through hoops and send them more information. It was ridiculous.

In the end, I got my car, but it had cosmetic issues and some other problems. And I had to take it to an approved repair location to get it checked out. But even now, I'm dealing with Carvana and their incompetence. They say they don't have my registration documents, even though I filled them out and signed them at delivery! It's like they're just trying to make my life harder.

I'm never using Carvana again, and neither should you. Their customer service is terrible and they keep delaying everything, making it impossible to plan anything. It's not worth the hassle.

T
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana Carvana Review: Frustrating Experience, Poor Service, and Broken Promises

I recently got myself a new ride from Carvana, and I gotta say, it was not a smooth one. As someone who has bought more than 20 vehicles in the past three decades, I can tell you that Carvana's claim of providing an exceptional customer experience with pre-owned vehicles is far from the reality. They will tell you whatever it takes to sell, but don't expect them to back it up. It's like they're too busy for you, and when you get them on the phone, they'll put you on hold for hours. My assigned representative, Caesar, even told me that I needed a "subpoena" to get a copy of our recorded conversation. Seriously, who does that?

The biggest issue I had was when they canceled my delivery at 11:30 pm on the day I was supposed to receive my truck. They claimed the car was in the area, but they had to reschedule it four days later. It messed up my Easter vacation plans, and I was frustrated that I couldn't put added miles on my trade-in. When I raised this concern, Carvana told me that it was against the law for them to compensate me for their error. Caesar kept using the "it's the law" card to intimidate me. It's like they're giving excuses instead of owning up to their mistake.

I'm not pleased with how they handled my case, either. The delay was due to their fault, and many of their employees confirmed that this happens all the time. But, I rarely see them trying to correct it because they're short on staff. They said they don't want to pay extra hours, but someone else will buy the car if I turn it away. It's like they're taking advantage of their customers, and it's a shame.

It took me many hours and phone calls to straighten out my contract. Susan, one of their employees, finally helped me with it. She made sure that I got the correct trade-in value for my old vehicle, and she even helped me remove a warranty that I didn't need. I signed the contract electronically, with Susan walking me through it. The problem is that I still haven't received a copy of the electronic contract or the recorded conversation despite my many requests.

The lender has now given me different numbers for my first payment date, loan amount, and trade-in. That's not normal, right? Also, Carvana claimed they did a 150-point inspection, but I found French fries under the seat and a missing chunk in one of the tires. I can't even evaluate how things worked because there's no owner's manual. When I asked Carvana about this, they told me to go to the dealership. But guess what? They won't give me any help.

I've talked to many of their employees who were very understanding and sympathetic, but they were unable to help me. They keep telling me that an Advocate will call me back within 48 hours, but it's been 13 days since I received my truck, and I'm still waiting for that call.

All in all, Carvana has been a frustrating experience for me. They promised to provide good quality vehicles and excellent service, but they failed to deliver on both. It's a shame because I thought I could rely on them, but it looks like I was wrong.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana Carvana: A Nightmare Car-Buying Experience - Stay Away!

This might just be the worst car buying experience I've ever had in my 63 years of life. And let me tell you, I've bought and sold more than 100 cars in that time. At first, everything seemed alright and the nice young man who delivered my car even showed me some slight damage to the front bumper that happened during loading. He assured me Carvana would handle it and I waited for them to reach out to me. But they never did.

I ended up having to call in, only to be told I had to contact Silver Rock - Carvana's partner who handles these types of issues. After doing so, Silver Rock sent me an email stating that they wouldn't fix the issue because the car was used. Talk about a lack of customer service! Thankfully, I returned the car, as I didn't want to do business with them anymore after that. And that was just the beginning of the nightmare.

When they came to pick up the car, they didn't bring my trade-in with them. This wouldn't have been a big deal, except I had already agreed to buy a different car from a different, more honest dealership. And now I had to call them every day to try to figure out when I could get my car back - all the while, they allowed 200 more miles on the car without adding any additional miles. How ridiculous is that?

Then, when they finally brought my trade-in back, they forgot the title. They told me to wait up to two weeks, but instead, I waited over two weeks and got a letter saying they wouldn't return my title, and that I had to apply for a new one. In Florida, that means making an appointment at the DMV - which took another 10 days. Meanwhile, the dealer where I traded my car was holding $30,500 for my trade-in because I didn't have the title!

It's no wonder this company has received less than a two-star average rating from its customers and has had almost 7,000 complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau over the last three years. Their stock price has gone from $360 to $7 and they can't seem to turn a profit. They've made some truly terrible business decisions. By the time they pick up my car, they will have made three trips to my house. According to what I understand, they shipped my car to Arizona and will have to ship it back - all because they wouldn't take care of what could have been a $150 repair on a $70,000 car that they clearly caused.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from Carvana. They can't handle even the smallest issues and they clearly don't care about their customers.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana Carvana Review: Convenience Comes at a Cost with Delayed Registration and Unresponsive Customer Service

Carvana is a popular online dealership that offers a car buying experience that's different from the traditional process of visiting a dealership in person. While purchasing a vehicle through Carvana offers a lot of convenience, it can be accompanied by a lot of inconveniences as well.

The reviewer has shared their experience of purchasing not one but two cars from Carvana. Their first purchase went relatively smoothly, except for some glitches in the delivery of the signed contracts. However, with their second purchase, troubles started surfacing.

The reviewer narrates how they had to constantly follow up with Carvana representatives to get their vehicle registration accomplished. Each time they contacted Carvana, they would receive different information from different representatives. Their temporary tags expired, and they had to rely on Carvana to extend it, but every time they contacted them, they received no clear response.

The reviewer also points out multiple issues that their mother faced with Carvana after purchasing a vehicle. The delivery of the car took a while, and it was without any notice. These issues escalated as the reviewers narrates their latest purchase, which has been an "absolute nightmare." They have spent hours waiting on hold to speak with a representative, only to be given canned responses.

The reviewer has been waiting for two months to receive their registration documents, without any hope of getting it anytime soon. Their temporary tags have also expired and they can't renew them until Carvana sends in their registration paperwork. Carvana representatives have not been helpful, simply repeating an automated response about Covid-19 causing delays at the DMV.

The reviewer warns potential Carvana customers to be careful, saying that Carvana charged them for VIN inspections, SMOG, and other fees that they should have completed before selling the vehicle. The reviewer has given up on trying to contact Carvana to pay for the small issues their vehicle is experiencing because they don't have the patience to sit on hold.

In summary, the reviewer believes that Carvana is an excellent platform for buying a car at a reasonable price and having it delivered to your doorstep. However, it comes with its own set of challenges, like delays in paperwork processing, unresponsive customer service, and involuntary financial expenses. The reviewer even goes on to say that Carvana is only suitable for people who are willing to put in hours on hold to get the right answers they deserve.

F

Carvana Carvana Review: Beware of Subpar Car Quality & Poor Customer Service

I'm writing this Carvana review to share my experience buying a car from their site. On July 29th, 2022, we purchased a 2017 Kia Sorento from the popular online car dealer and the buying process was pretty easy and smooth. The day the car was delivered, we got a call from the driver notifying us that the passenger side mirror was chipped. Turns out, it was not documented accurately and we could not notice it on the pictures shared with us. Upon test driving, we noticed a strange noise on the left rear side and when the employee was informed, he said it would be documented for a claim later. By this time, our 2021 Subaru Crosstrek trade-in had already been loaded up.

We attempted to schedule with Silver Leaf for a mechanic shop to fix the issue, but they couldn't handle the situation as it was considered a wear and tear. Frustrated and disappointed, we contacted Carvana but didn't hear back from them or from Silver Rock, another relevant party. We had to push it back as we had a baby.

On October 15th, 2022, our car had a dead battery that needed replacement. We were surprised because we had owned the car for less than three months and we were told this was a wear and tear issue also. After requesting to talk to a manager, we were given an assurance we will have a callback on Monday, October 17th, but we never heard back. We tried several times and left messages but to no avail.

On December 12th, 2022, we got another problem: a headlight went dead and we had to replace it with $50. Again, we tried to contact Carvana through the chat feature, but it gave us an error message.

On December 22nd, 2022, while in the middle of a severe cold front, my husband tried starting the car and it wouldn't crank. He had to wait in the freezing cold for me to come and pick him up in my mom's rental. We eventually learned that this was a known issue and that the car hates the cold.

Then, on January 11th, 2023, we detected a grinding sound on the right side and discovered that the brake pad was worn out with zero warning. We coughed out a few hundred dollars to replace the front pads and rotors.

After sending messages to their Facebook page, we were told someone from the Executive Resolution team would be in touch - Joe contacted us and all he said was that nothing could be done as all the issues were wear and tear-related. He called our driving frequency into question and suggested that in less than 5,000 miles we had worn down the brake pads to the metal and that they could not control when the battery and headlights would be due for replacement. We discovered that Carvana's warranty package did not cover any of the issues we have had, and they have condescending customer service that has left us feeling helpless.

The list of problems we have had with the car make us regret that we bought it from Carvana and we strongly advise potential buyers to steer clear of the site. We have driven less than 5,000 miles in the six months we have had the car, and yet it has developed these issues: it requires an alignment, two new tires, a battery(disappointing at $250), a new headlight($50) and front brake pads and rotors that cost us $230.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana Unsatisfied with Carvana: Incomplete Inspection, Delivery Fee Refusal, False Advertising

I recently had an experience with Carvana that left me incredibly unsatisfied. While their website boasted about a 7-day return policy, I was not made aware that I could not exceed 400 miles during that time. Additionally, I was charged a delivery fee for the car, which was not refundable, despite there being numerous issues with the vehicle.

When the car arrived, I immediately noticed that the AC and heat were not working. Despite these being marked as "good" during their 150-point inspection process, it was clear that they had not been checked. Additionally, my cousin - who is a mechanic - found numerous other problems with the car when he inspected it. The entire bottom was rusted out and clearly had not been inspected properly.

When I called to return the car, I was forced to make an appointment for the next day, despite it being well before closing time. The soonest appointment was the following morning, and I was told that the person inspecting the car would decide whether or not it could be re-listed. Of course, this was a complete lemon of a vehicle, and it was clear that Carvana had not conducted a proper inspection.

To make matters worse, the car had been advertised as having a 360 view, which was the main reason I initially wanted it. However, it had clearly been falsely advertised, and Carvana was arguing with me about it until I showed them the description on my phone. Finally, they took pictures of the mistake and put it in the notes section, but when I called customer service, they initially could not find any record of the mistake being made.

Overall, I was extremely disappointed with my experience with Carvana. I trusted them to conduct a thorough inspection of the car before it was delivered to me, and it's clear that this was not the case. Additionally, their refusal to refund the delivery fee was frustrating, as it was clear that the car had not been properly inspected. I would not recommend Carvana to anyone in the market for a new car.

N

Carvana Carvana Review: Frustrating Purchase Process and Awful Customer Service

My experience with Carvana was incredibly frustrating and disappointing. While the idea of trading for a new vehicle and having it delivered seemed fantastic, the actual purchase process, registration, and title transfer were a total nightmare. The customer service provided by Carvana was awful, exacerbating the already stressful situation.

I initially traded in my vehicle and received the new one, but found that I did not like it after a day and canceled my order. When I requested a new vehicle, I was informed that it would be delayed due to a hurricane. I decided to keep my original vehicle, but when I tried to pay it off and get the title, I was met with a series of delays and unhelpful responses from Carvana and their finance partner, Bridgecrest.

Despite repeatedly requesting to purchase the vehicle and pay the outstanding balance, I was sent back and forth between Carvana and Bridgecrest, with no clear answers or information provided. They eventually offered to email me a PDF of an Arizona temp tag, which caused me to be pulled over by the police. Even the DMV was unsure whether it was legal to operate the vehicle like this.

After a month of trying to find a resolution, I had enough and resigned myself to purchasing a new vehicle from an actual dealership. I asked Carvana to take the old vehicle back and give me the money from my trade-in, but even that request was denied. Their customer service was consistently unhelpful and made me feel like I was to blame, even though the issues were with their own processes and systems.

Finally, I had to take a day off work to go car shopping and purchase a new vehicle, as I couldn't wait any longer for Carvana to figure things out. As of the time I left this review, I still hadn't received a resolution or contact from Carvana since my last correspondence with their customer service.

I am not alone in my experience, as I have seen similar complaints on the Better Business Bureau and other websites. Carvana's response to my review was to direct me back to their unhelpful customer service representatives, which only added to my frustration. Overall, I would not recommend Carvana due to their poor customer service and lack of resolution for issues like mine.

Carvana Disappointment with Carvana: A Review of Two Failed Purchases

So, I gotta say, I'm pretty bummed. I was really hoping to be writing you all today about our new car from Carvana, but instead I'm writing about another letdown. This is actually the second time we've tried to buy from Carvana, and unfortunately it's another disappointment.

Let me give you a little background. We had our first Carvana experience just a few weeks ago, and it was pretty exciting. We found a car we loved, went through all the financial stuff, and were eagerly waiting for delivery day. But when the car arrived, the check engine light was on. We had to send it back, which took longer than we expected to get everything squared away. By the time we got our down payment returned and the loan canceled, we were itching to start looking again.

That's when we came across a car on Carvana that was almost identical to the one we had to send back. It was in good condition with low mileage and no accidents, so we were pretty excited to try again. The only issue was that it wasn't in our area, so we had to pay for delivery and wait two weeks for it to arrive. But we were patient and eagerly anticipating its arrival.

Then, a few days before our scheduled delivery, we got a text message saying they had to reschedule because of a "speed bump." They didn't give us any options for a new delivery date or time, even though my husband explained that the new date was during his work hours. He had to take time off work and cancel a doctor's appointment, but we were still excited to get the car.

But then we didn't hear anything from Carvana - no text or email updates. My husband even said that if anything else went wrong, we would cancel the whole thing. So, on Monday, I sent a text to confirm that everything was still on for the next day. That's when they told us about an issue they found during a final inspection of the car. They didn't give us any specifics other than that it was an AC/heating problem, but it was enough for us to cancel our purchase.

We explained to the Carvana customer service rep that we were buying a car with the expectation that it would have no issues, and an AC problem seems like a pretty big issue for a car of this age and mileage. She completely understood, and we canceled our purchase.

This whole experience left a bad taste in our mouth. The cars are supposed to undergo a rigorous inspection before being listed on Carvana, so why wasn't this issue caught earlier? And the lack of communication on their end was frustrating - no confirmation emails, no updates on delivery, nothing. We had to call and inquire ourselves to get any information. It just didn't feel very professional.

So that's it for us with Carvana. We had high hopes for them, but two strikes and you're out. We'll keep looking for a car that meets all our needs and hopefully won't have any surprises.

In the meantime, we're still waiting for our down payment to be returned and our auto loan to be canceled. It's frustrating to have to make a loan payment on a car we canceled over a week ago. We'll keep our fingers crossed that everything gets sorted out soon.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana My Disappointing Experience with Carvana: Issues With Payment, Plate Delivery and Customer Service

I got myself a car from Carvana earlier and, even though we had some issues with the first car we got from them, my wife and I opted to buy from them again for convenience's sake. Unfortunately, this time around, the experience was not so great.

Leading up to the delivery of our car, Carvana required us to have a conference call with our bank to ensure that we had the necessary funds to purchase our car. Although that was not a problem, the first issue came up when Carvana claimed that they were unable to transfer payment for the purchase price because our account was overdrawn. However, when I checked our account balance online, there was still plenty of money in there. After a few more hiccups, we ended up having to pay for the car through a wire transfer at our expense.

The car was delivered just fine, but a few days later, we started receiving calls and emails from Carvana saying that we still had to pay for the car, even though we already did so through the wire transfer. This went on for nearly two weeks.

When we bought the car, we opted for the option where we would pay extra during the time of the sale, and Carvana would handle the taxes, fees, and provide us with the plates. On June 10th, Carvana emailed us saying that the registration was complete, and our plates were on their way through FedEx, and we should expect them to arrive in 5-7 business days. However, after almost ten business days, we received no plates. Upon contacting Carvana, we were told that the plates were actually sent through USPS and should arrive within 10-15 business days.

July 5th came by, and we still had no plates. When I contacted Carvana, I was informed that the plates could be lost in the mail, and, in case they were, I should go to my local USPS office to check if they have them. They also told me that, just in case there were any extra fees associated with obtaining new plates, Carvana would cover them. However, when I went to my local DMV, I discovered that the plates were not issued because the registration fees were left unpaid. I had to pay $236.95 and procure the plates, but Carvana compensated me with a check worth $150, which was not enough to cover all my expenses.

I spoke with a Carvana representative who looked into my account and apologized for their errors. However, she also told me that Carvana was never going to pay for the registration fees, even though I was told multiple times that everything was taken care of. I paid the fees, took the plates, and did not hear from them again.

After this experience, I do not wish to purchase a vehicle from Carvana again, and I suggest that you do not as well. I am deeply unhappy with their services and sincerely hope that they put more effort into improving their customer service.

S

Carvana Disastrous Experience with Carvana: Buyer Beware

Greetings everyone,

I purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee in excellent condition from Carvana on January 25. I was impressed with the convenience of using the vending machine to retrieve my car, a black on black beauty. However, after taking it for a test drive, I noticed some odd noises and received an overheating message on the dashboard. Additionally, I noticed some improperly repaired bodywork. Despite these issues, I decided to purchase the car under the condition that Carvana would be responsible for covering the necessary repairs.

Over the course of the first few days, I took the car to a mechanic for a thorough inspection. The coolant hoses needed replacing, and there was a bad wheel bearing that required fixing, which was covered by Silverrock, the warranty provider. Although the initial problems were addressed, I still heard strange noises while driving, so I had it looked at again. Unfortunately, the mechanic found that the car needed a new driveshaft.

Furthermore, I noticed that the paint on the driver's side door and fender had an odd sheen, and the gaps between the panels did not line up, indicating that the car had been in an accident. Carvana and Silverrock agreed to pay for the necessary body repairs, but before the work could be done, the car broke down, and I had to have it towed to a mechanic.

Upon inspection, it was discovered that the transfer case had been previously replaced with a junkyard part, and only one out of three screws had been used to secure it, which caused the remaining screw to snap off, leading to further mechanical failures. As a result, the car now requires a new transmission and transfer case.

Unfortunately, Carvana refuses to take back the car or provide a replacement vehicle. Instead, they offered to buy it back from me for $4,000 less than what I paid. In conclusion, my experience with Carvana has been disastrous, and I caution others to avoid using their services to avoid losing an immense amount of money.

I
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carvana Carvana Review: Overpriced Markup, Non-Negotiable Prices, and Ethical Concerns

I recently had an experience with Carvana and was disappointed with their car buying service. I had a 2012 Toyota Camry SE in excellent condition that I was looking to sell, so I contacted Carvana for an offer. To my surprise, they offered me only $7,644 for my vehicle, despite the fact that the Kelley Blue Book value was $12,142. I did some research on their prices and found that they have a vehicle similar to mine with 5,000 fewer miles listed for $14,990, which seemed to be an exorbitant markup.

What's more, Carvana refuses to negotiate their prices, leaving customers feeling cheated and taken advantage of. As someone who has spent 20 years in the car business, I know the value of fair pricing and believe that Carvana is doing a disservice to the public in their profiteering approach. The overall rating of 1.69 stars on the Consumer Affairs website is not a good indication of their customer satisfaction levels - with complaints around customer service and next-day problems being the most common.

Moreover, preceding his role as the CEO of Carvana, Ernest Garcia III was already wealthy in his own right and had full control of the company. Previous history regarding his father's fraudulent activities only adds to the questionable reputation of Carvana. In 1990, Ernest Garcia II was involved in a fraud scheme for a real estate deal and received a felony bank fraud charge. Another instance came up in 1999, where Garcia was sued for allegedly "abusing his position to profit" from a real estate deal where he ultimately acquired 17 company properties at a 10% discount. The history of fraud is not only concerning for the company but also raises concerns about the ethical responsibility of the CEO.

With a net worth estimated at $15.9 billion as of April 2021, many believe that Carvana is participating in unethical business practices. Complaintsboard.com had a total of 2,498 complaints in the last three years alone, which should be taken as a warning sign. Moreover, Carvana was also sued for operating in California without a required dealer's or transporter's license. All these factors raise questions about the company's reliability and trustworthiness.

In conclusion, my experience with Carvana left me feeling uneasy and unhappy with their pricing and buying tactics. I advise everyone to do their research, read customer reviews, and be cautious when conducting business with them.

Carvana In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: Carvana's website is well-designed and user-friendly. The layout is clean and intuitive, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. The search filters are helpful in narrowing down your options, and the detailed vehicle listings provide all the necessary details and photos.

Vehicle Selection and Inventory: Carvana offers a wide selection of vehicles, ranging from sedans to SUVs and trucks. Their inventory is constantly updated, ensuring that you have plenty of options to choose from. Whether you're looking for a specific make or model, Carvana is likely to have it in stock.

Pricing and Financing Options: Carvana provides transparent pricing for their vehicles, with no hidden fees or surprises. The prices are competitive, and you can easily see how they compare to the market value. They also offer financing options, making it convenient to get a loan and complete your purchase in one place.

Buying Process and Customer Service: Carvana's buying process is straightforward and hassle-free. You can complete the entire transaction online, from selecting your vehicle to financing and paperwork. Their customer service team is responsive and helpful, guiding you through the process and addressing any concerns or questions you may have.

Vehicle Condition and Quality: Carvana takes pride in the quality of their vehicles. Each car undergoes a rigorous 150-point inspection, ensuring that it meets their high standards. They provide detailed vehicle condition reports, including any imperfections or damages, so you know exactly what to expect before making a purchase.

Delivery and Return Policies: Carvana offers free delivery to your doorstep, making it convenient to receive your new vehicle. If you're not satisfied with your purchase, they have a 7-day return policy, allowing you to return the car for a full refund. This gives you peace of mind and the opportunity to test-drive the vehicle in your own time.

Additional Services and Benefits: Carvana offers a range of additional services and benefits. They provide a 100-day/4,189-mile warranty, giving you added protection after your purchase. They also offer a trade-in option, making it easy to sell or trade your current vehicle. Additionally, Carvana has partnered with third-party lenders to offer competitive financing rates.

Customer Reviews and Ratings: Carvana has received positive customer reviews and ratings. Many customers appreciate the convenience and transparency of their online buying process. Their customer service is often praised for being helpful and responsive. However, it's important to read a variety of reviews to get a comprehensive understanding of others' experiences.

Overall Pros and Cons: The pros of Carvana include a user-friendly website, a wide selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, hassle-free buying process, high vehicle quality, free delivery, and a 7-day return policy. However, some cons may include limited physical locations for test drives and the inability to negotiate prices.

Conclusion and Recommendation: Carvana is a reputable online car buying platform that offers a convenient and transparent experience. With a wide selection of vehicles, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service, Carvana is a recommended option for those looking to buy a car online. Their thorough vehicle inspections, free delivery, and 7-day return policy provide peace of mind throughout the buying process.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Carvana customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Carvana?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Carvana Customer Service. Initial Carvana complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Carvana above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Carvana. Discuss the issues you have had with Carvana and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.