CarTrawlerunauthorised charges

M Sep 16, 2018

COMPLAINT - Ref: ES403711070 Palma Airport

Hi there,

I wish to make a complaint about being informed that I would be charged at the Goldcar Desk in Palma Airport for ‘Airport Tax'. As per email confirmation below (on voucher) I expected to pay €5.11 (see screenshot attached). As it was late, and I hadn't the energy to look through my voucher, I agreed to pay this tax as the girl told me that because I was collecting from the airport, and not in Palma, this charge applies. But having checked the documents later this week I realised that this was incorrect, so I decided to email a complaint, unfortunately I sent this to AXA instead of Goldcar.

I called to the desk in arrivals after I returned the car yesterday, to complain about this charge. I was very upset to find out that not only was there an airport tax (this was indeed €5.11), but I was charged a diesel tax, even though I didn't request a diesel car, and I was charged extra insurance too, totalling €250!!!

On arrival to pick up the car, the desk was extremely busy. The girl who served me DID NOT ask if I wanted extra insurance, as this was covered on booking through cartrawlers which meant that Goldcar could charge me an excess, but my private insurance would be my own business. Why would I possibly want to buy two policies. The girl mislaid my visa card, was in a panic, then found it.

On complaining at the desk on my return I spoke with a manager, but basically she advised me that I should always book direct with the company, so I asked why they agree to work with cartrawlers if it's not black and white. I am deeply upset about this.

I would be most grateful if you will look into this for me as I am not happy with this at all.

I look forward to your favourable response.

Many thanks,
Tara Smith

Live Love Laugh
_
From: Aer Lingus Cars
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:46 p.m.
To: [protected]@gmail.com
Subject: Your car hire booking confirmation - Ref: ES403711070

Dear Tara Smith,
Thank you for choosing Aer Lingus Cars for your car rental. We are happy to confirm that your booking was successful.
To pick up your car, please present this email to the supplier at the rental desk. Please also make sure to read this email along with your car hire voucher to familiarise yourself with important information about your rental.

Booking Reference Number: ES403711070

5 Doors

Manual transmission

Air conditioning

Pick-up Location:
You will find our office inside the terminal building situated in the car rental area.

Fuel: Pick up and return full.
Your vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel. To avoid incurring fuel charges, you will need to return it with the same amount of fuel as it had when you collected it. You may be required to leave a fuel deposit reserved or charged on your credit card, this will be released or refunded when you return the car full. Missing fuel will be charged on your return. The price per litre charged by the rental agent may be significantly higher than the price at the local service station. A refuelling charge may also be applicable.

Without these mandatory documents you cannot collect your car

Credit card in the name of the lead driver, with a large enough limit to cover the excess (EUR 1400.00)

Full driver's licence in the name of the lead driver

Valid photo ID (i.e. passport)

Present this email at the desk when picking up your car

Please see your voucher for the full list of mandatory documents
Your voucher

Manage booking

The car hire supplier may ask you to purchase excess insurance at the desk. You should not need this insurance as you are covered if you add our Damage Refund Insurance.

Insurance Policy

Do you have more questions? We can help!

Data Protection Notice: Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the applicable marketing and operating carrier's privacy policy and, where your booking is made via a reservation system provider ("GDS"), with its privacy policy. These are available at http://www.iatatravelcenter.com/privacy or from the carrier or GDS directly. You should read this documentation, which applies to your booking and specifies, for example, how your personal data is collected, stored, used, disclosed and transferred.