Carrier Corporationheating/ac

T Oct 15, 2018

We built a new house four years ago and the builder had a Carrier heat pump and air conditioner installed by TennAir 1 Heating and Air Conditioning We have had nothing but problems since. In fact we have been given a case #1664543 but after talking to your rep last week (who was very rude) and the installing dealer part of the information has been omitted. We have a dual zone system. I will try to give you the info in chronological order.
1. shortly after moving in the lower level would be cool while the upper level was warm. The dealer thought there was something wrong with the master board in air handler and called for assistance and they had him rewire something? seemed to work for a while.
2. this happened again and went through the same procedure.
3..went away for a vacation and came home to a house that was 95 degrees. Dealer and I determined that a new master board was needed and he got one and installed it. Things worked fine for awhile.
4. about a year ago the unit was not cooling and the dealer determined the master board on the compressor was bad and replaced it. Solved that problem.
5. the unit completely quit shortly after and I tried to get dealer here and he said he was coming but he never showed up. I called an other service company who got it working for me. (I knew the dealer was having some health problems and had heard from my contractor he was out of business. I have since learned that he is still in business.)
6. about 2 weeks ago the air handler was not working again. I called the second service company and he came out and said the 10K/W aux heater was stuck on so disconnected it and ordered a new unit from Carrier Distribution. He came back last week and installed it. He said Carrier would not cover the part.
7. I called customer service and they referred me to someone else (the rude individual) and they confirmed that because someone other than a certified Carrier dealer had installed the unit Carrier could not cover it.
I hope that you can understand why I am frustrated and unhappy with Carrier products and Carrier service and Carrier warranty.
I have one more year left on the warranty and with the history of this unit and the service I get from Carrier I foresee nothing but problems.