Carrier United Technologies Logo

Carrier United Technologies

Having problems with Carrier United Technologies?

Carrier United Technologies reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 2, 2008. The latest review Carrier/Bryant Heat pumps was posted on Jun 17, 2021. The latest complaint carrier a/c outside unit warranty was resolved on Jul 17, 2018. Carrier United Technologies has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 15 reviews. Carrier United Technologies has resolved 1 complaints.

Carrier United Technologies Customer Service Contacts

PO Box 4808
Syracuse, New York
United States - 13221-4808

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Carrier United Technologies Customer Service. Initial Carrier United Technologies complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Carrier United Technologies above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Carrier United Technologies. Discuss the issues you have had with Carrier United Technologies and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Carrier United Technologies Complaints & Reviews

Carrier United TechnologiesCarrier/Bryant Heat pumps

08/01/2020
Dear Bryant /Carrier:
I bought two Heat pump/AC systems. For both systems, the outdoor units are Bryant, and the indoor units are Carrier. They were installed by the same contractor Michael Bonsby HVAC, roughly the same time.
One of the systems(System No.1) was installed in my home in Columbia, Maryland on 06/09/2014. It had a water flooding problem in 2015. On 11/07/2015, the system was replaced free by Michael Bonsby HVAC. On 11/21/2019, the system was found short cycling and was found leaking refrigerant. Now it need to be refilled every year.
Another system (System No.2) was installed in my other house in Germantown Maryland on 06/20/2014. It stopped working in April 2019. On 05/02/2019, Michael Bonsby HVAC repaired a refrigerant leaking problem. On 05/21/2020, the system was found leaking again. A contractor estimated more than $6000 for leaking search and repair, which is higher than a new system. I decided to get rid of the system, and replaced it with a Goodman Heat bump AC.
System No.1 was found to leak refrigerant only 4 year and 14 days after installation. System No.2 was found to leak only 4 year and 10 months. Also, the leaking repair by Michael Bonsby HVAC on system No.2 worked for only 1 year.
ACs are supposed to work more than 10 years. It is not normal for them to work only four years. Because two systems have the same problem, I think there are may be something wrong in your product design or manufacturing. I hope your company can send people to investigate what's wrong with your systems.
I have already lost system No.2, and I am trying to save the system No.1. I hope Carrier/Bryant can give me a free leak search, which costs up to $2300.
Attached is the timeline history of my two systems.

Sincerely

Contractor: Michael Bonsby Heating and Air Conditioning LLC
7950 Cessna Ave, Gaithersburg, MD, 20879
Indoor Unit: Carrier Model: FB4DNF0
Outdoor Unit: Bryant Model: 213CNA018
07/25/2015: Water leaking from the indoor unit.
I opened the unit and found the inside coil dirty. I bought coil cleaner and sprayed on the coil. No leaking anymore. Problem seems solved.
After careful inspections, I found out the air filter could not be held in its place. It flew up when the AC fan is on. The filter size is exactly the same ad it is marked on the cover of the UNIT.
In order to find out what's wrong with the filter, I compared it with another heat pump/AC system, which was installed in my another house roughly the same time. In this latter I name it as "Hear bump/AC System No.2". Both system No.1 and system No.2 are installed by Michael Bonsby HVAC, and they are very similar. Both systems have carrier indoor units and Bryant outdoor units. The only difference is that the system in my Germantown is 2.5 ton and the system in Columbia is 1.5 Ton. In the system No.2, the filter is heavy with metal frame and washable. In system No.1 the filter is disposable and has paper frame.
05/05/2015 Contacted Michael Bonsby HVAC for the Filter problem
08/05/2015: I contacted Michael Bonsby HVAC LLC, and explained what's wrong with the system. Michael Bonsby HVAC denied any responsibility. I then filed a complaint against Michael Bonsby HVAC, to Montgomery county office of Consumer Protection case # 45897.
09/04/2015. Mediation by the consumer protection Office
With the help of the Montgomery county consumer protection office, I got a response letter from the general manager Mr. Manny Garcia. Mr. Garcia blamed me for washing and touched the coil. He also implied that I improperly changed the filter to paper filer. I proved with photo pictures that system No.1 came with original paper filter. Also Michael Bonsby HVAC marked the size for filter replacement on the unit cover.
11/10/2015 New Agreement with Michael Bonsby HVAC
Mr. Manny Garcia offer to replace the system for me, for both indoor and outdoor units on the condition that I release Michael Bonsby from further responsibilities and liabilities. I agreed and signed the new agreements.
11/17/2015: System replaced by Michael Bonsby
Michael Bonsby replaced the system for me with a brand new Bryant/Carrier Heat pump/AC system. New systems are the same models as the original one.
11/21/2019: System short cycling
Call Service to Michael Bonsby HVAC Invoice : $212.20
The system is short cycling. I Called Michael Bonsby HVAC for service. The technician Jason stated in the invoice that "the outside unit was tripping out on low head pressure". He added 1 pound R410A refrigerant to the system and the system started to work again.
06/25/2020 . AC system blowing hot air 05/21/2010,
Service Called $200 check #152 Capital one bank. by Mr. Fang Minghe. Kerry Airconditioning LLC, 3454 Harrington Dr. Ellicott, MD 21042.
The AC system had been blowing hot air. I called Mr. Minghe Fang, a Chinese contractor. Mr. Fang said that the system has a refrigerant leaking and refilled it.
Heat bump AC System No.2
Contractor: Michael Bonsby Heating and Air Conditioning LLC
7950 Cessna Ave, Gaithersburg, MD, 20879
Indoor Unit: Carrier Model: FBHCNF030
Outdoor Unit: Bryant Model: 213CNA030
04/20/2019: System stopped working. Michael Bonsby Refused my service request.
In April 2019, my AC system was found not running. I called Michael Bonsby HVAC for service. The lady who answered my phone said my system was not installed by them because she could not found it in their database. I sent a copy of my installation contract and payment receipt to them. Then she said I was on their "No Service List" because I was a bad customer(Because I filed complaint against them for my Heap pump/AC system No.1 in Columbia ). I told her I had to call them because my system has 5 year free labor warranty with them. After talking with her supervisor, she decided to send a technician to my place on 04/28/2019.
04/23/2019: File a complaint against Michael Bonsby HVAC. Case # 19-OC-064221.
From the phone calls with Michael Bonsby HVAC, I was very worried that they would deny their responsibilities, as they did for my Columbia system. I filed a complaint against them to Montgomery county consumer protection office. The case was assigned to Mr. Lasantha Dahanaike, Investigator, whose direct phone is: 240.777.3635
04/28/2019: Michael Bonsby refused to repair my system.
Michael Bonsby technicians came and checked my system. They made calls to their company and refused to repair my AC system. When I asked why, one of the technicians mentioned the general manager name Manny. I wrote an email to Michael Bonsby HVAC to protest. I explained to them that I waived my right for free labor warranty for another system in Columbia( System No.1 ). However, my Germantown system(System No.2) is still covered by 5 year free labor warranty.
04/30/2019 : Montgomery county consumer protection Helped me again.
Mr. Lasantha Dahanaike, Investigator, from Montgomery county made phone calls to Michael Bonsby HVAC LLC. Then Mr. Lasantha Dahanaike called me and let me know that Michael Bonsby agreed to fix the system for me.On 04/30/2019, Michael Bonsby HVAC called me and scheduled to fix my system on 05/02/2019 Thursday Morning 8am -11am. I emailed Mr. Lasantha for the schedule.
05/02/2019: Michael Bonsby HVAC fixed the Refrigerant Leaking problem.
A leak searching was performed. The leaking spot was found in the outside unit. A copper pipe was leaking near the compressor. The spot was very hard to reach.
05/21/2020 AC blowing hot air.
Call Service. GAC service Invoice $109
Service Company: GAC services:
Address: 227 E. Deer Park Dr. Gaithersburg, MD 2087
The GAC service technician stated in the invoice that the system is completely flat. He estimated cost of the following repairs:
1. Leak Search: $2300
2. Coil change Labor only: $2100
3. Refrigerant Change $2000
Total cost is much more than a new system. I decided to get rid of the Bryant/Carrier system and get a new one
05/27/2020 : Get rid of the Carrier/Bryant system
A Goodman new system was bought and replaced the Bryant/Carrier system, by Mr. Fang Minghe. Kerry Airconditioning LLC, 3454 Harrington Dr. Ellicott, MD 21042

06/12/2021
Brea Lopez
BBB Services Specialist
Better Business Bureau
[protected] ext 120

Dear Brea:
I do not agree with the responses from the Carrier Corporation.
I have Carrier/Bryant systems installed in 2 different locations in the 2014. They were the same type of heat bump systems. Both began to leak refrigerant just after 4 years of installations. This is not a coincidence. This fact could be an indication that this type of heat bump systems produced around year of 2014 could all have the same kind of problems. I think the Carrier Corporation should investigate my systems and all other similar systems, to improve their design and production.

It is not normal for a heat bump system to run only for 4 years.

Installation problems could be ruled out because of two reasons.
(1) In April 2019, the heat pump system No.2(installed in Germantown MD ) began to leak refrigerant. Michael Bonsby Heating and Air Conditioning LLC, the installer, performed a leak search. The leaking spot was found inside the outside Unit. Michael Bonsby Heating and Air Conditioning LLC fixed the leaking.
(2) I am managing properties for other people. I ordered 5 HVAC systems from Michael Bonsby Heating and Air Conditioning LLC. The other three:
a. American standard HVAC system installed at 18626 winding creek place, Germantown, MD 20874. Installed in early 2010/
b. American standard HVAC system installed at 5007 Hollywood RD college Park MD. Installed in May 2017.
c. LENOX HVAC system installed in 8310 Osage Ter, Adelphi, MD 20783
Among the five systems installed by the same contractor purchased by me, three systems all in good conditions. Only two Carrier/Bryant heat bump systems leak refrigerant.

Sincerely

Columbia, MD 21045
George Yin

Carrier United Technologies50VGA36--30TP

Purchased this AC package unit 19 months ago. The unit has now been diagnosed with a bad high pressure switch. After spending $6700 dollars for unit and installation. Now costing me $1100 to replace switch. The switch is covered but not labor. This is very disappointing only 19 months in.
    Tried sending emails to Carrier with no response. Thought I was buying top of the line unit.

Carrier United TechnologiesCarrier infinity 96 furnace

Christmas Day [protected]) at 3:00AM awoke to a burning smell and found it was coming from the furnace. The furnace would not start.
      I called for Emergency service. contractors came in at 10:30. After diagnosing, they found it was "A fried Ignition board" The 15 amp breaker in my panel was not tripped. I have kept the parts as evidence and as you can see from the photos there was a significant fire.
      On Christmas day I'm left with a $933 bill to pay, a house that smells like a circuit board bonfire and knowledge that it could have been worse if I wasn't home.

Carrier infinity 96 furnace

Respond

Carrier United TechnologiesCarrier infinity ics 58mvc080-10120 warranty registration 1112001352c

Furnace is INOPERABLE.

We have been struggling with this problem for about a year now.

The furnace initiates it's starting sequence, The inducer motor starts, there is a lot of clicking and finally it fails with ERROR CODE 42.

The inducer motor has been replaced THREE TIMES. ALL other parts on the front of the furnace have also been replaced.

Carrier Infinity ICS 58MVC080-10120
        Warranty Registration 1112001352c

Carrier Corporationair conditioning unit - service

We purchased an AC unit model number 24ACC424A0030011 serial 0817E08039 on March 4, 2017 from Estes Services which cost us almost $7, 000 for our downstairs area and the unit stopped cooling during the month of July 2019. We have run this unit for only two summers and now we are being told that the coil needs to be replaced. We are being asked to pay for the installation of this coil which is totally unfair since the unit is not really that old. The Technician told us that the refrigerant had leaked out so we had to pay to have more refrigerant added until the new coil can be ordered and installed. This too is very unusual for a new Carrier unit. We thought that Carrier units were reliable so we even purchased an additional unit from Estes Services on June 20 2019 for upstairs area thinking that these are good units. We don't feel that we should have to pay out of pocket for anything as the technician mentioned that the coil was covered but not the labor. This is very disappointing and unacceptable for a name brand such as Carrier.

• Ce
              Cemulcahy Mar 24, 2021

Similar problem to above. We purchased four ac units for our new home I may 2015. June 2020 we had to replace one air handler, recharge system because the coil was leaking. This cost us $2883. Now, we are doing the same repair on a second unit for the identical problem: this at less than six years of usage. These units were represented as high quality nits and would be expected to service the Hime for many years. Instead, these two identical 2 ton units have failed. We have two other units, larger, which are problem free so far. Technician indicates that this is a problem with this unit design and is known to Carrier.

Carrier Corporationcarrier ac unit

2 1/2 weeks ago my installed in April and not used till then new Carrier Seer13 unit went out after being run for 3 days.[ It had evidently tested fine in April in 60-70 degree weather.] I called and got svcman jerry, told him furnace wall was starting to sweat and was cold he said turn off unit. Next day svcman came out and said was a bad motherboard. 2 weeks and 2 missed appointments later [they said each time they would be out and did not show] they came out and replaced mboard and left. I have since read that the test of a proper performing hvac system is how it works on hottest days not cool days; it failed on those three 80-85 days never reaching a temp lower than 81. I have a small ranch home 850 sf on crawl, I tried to tell jerry this on the initial call but he was more concerned with getting unit turned off and a svcman out, and in the excitement I didnt push it, thinking maybe it was a minor problem.

My problem is how do I get him to put in a more effective unit for this home, I will not pay for a new unit after using this one for a grand total of 4 days !!! Please help

Carrier Corporationbryant central ac. unit

I have talked to.Carrier about this unit we had installed in 2017. At the time of installation it.made, and still does, sound like an old loud agitator machine, both in and out of the house.
              When I asked the distributor about it I was told to contact Carrier corp., In turn they told me to contact.the distributor. You should have the picture, this just Went back and forth to no avail.
              A service rep. Said I should just.live with.the noise until it dies. Lol
              The service rep said it sounds like the compressor.
              We have spent almost $6000 on this and no one seems to.care because they have their money.
              I don't know how a corporation could run a business without fixing their customers problems.
              I would like a rep from Carrier Corp to come to my house and check out my complaint.

bryant central ac. unit

Carrier Corporationcarrier ac problem

Hello,

I have purchased carrier AC from Flipkart on May 2018 and not completed 10 months getting full noise which is not acceptable. I have been reached to Carrier Customer care for the service from last 2 months but they are not responding properly and not at all taking any responsibility. simply use to tell we are raising complain and assigning technician to assist us but no one use to come for service. I really feel bad as they are making money with non working products and no service.

kindly help me to get it service or replace my AC.

Regards,
                Imran
                [protected]

Carrier Corporation — heating/ac

We built a new house four years ago and the builder had a Carrier heat pump and air conditioner installed by...

Loudon

Carrier Corporation — infinity ac

"Central Air Control" a certify carrier dealer installed an Infinity carrier Unit $$$$. A few months alter...

Carrier Corporationcarrier head with edge thermostat

After having a problem with the heating side of my hvac, my my carrier repairman fixed the unit and ever since the thermostat has not been accurate. He has replaced the thermostat twice and it is still not working properly. Ex. I have the thermostat set at 75 and the temperature inside is around 72. In the winter it's even harder to control, the temperature will go way above the set temperature before it will cut off. If you have any ideal what the problem is please let me know so I can share it with my carrier dealer. Thanks, Tommy

Carrier Corporation — carrier a/c outside unit warranty

My Carrier A/C unit and furnace were installed in July of 2016. This past Saturday, July 14, 2018 my air...

Carrier CorporationHeating systems

I have two top of the line Carrier Infinity ac/furnace/heat pump systems. Their Infinity systems are too damn complicated in any case and in my experience very prone to malfunction. I have had frequent service calls. My installer, who is a good guy, doesn't fully understand the systems, and spends a lot of time on the phone with Carrier. I complained to him about having to pay for his learning curve, and he did refund part of his service charge. Recently I have been having problems with both humidifiers not operating-- it appears to be a thermostat problem. Carrier was totally unhelpful, absolutely refuses to provide me any technical help whatsoever, for something that very likely involves simply rebooting the thermostats. I will have to spend for another expensive service call, for something even my HVAC guy agrees they probably could have talked me through.

• St
                        SteveODonnell Jun 03, 2016

I build a new home in 2006. The builder installed a Carrier Infinity furnace and air conditioner which cost over $11, 000. In June 2011, the blower motor and module on the furnace failed. Carrier would not honor the 5 year warranty because they insisted the warranty began in April 2006 when the builder installed the unit. The house was not completed until October 2006 when I moved in. I thought they should honor the warranty since it was only two months out of warranty according to their start date but they refused. I then tried to argue that the warranty should have not started in April 2006 since it was new construction and the house was not completed until October 2006. Again Carrier refused. To make matters worse, the replacement motor and module has only a one year warranty even though the cost is nearly $2, 000. Consequently, I will never buy another Carrier furnace or air conditioner. When the time comes to replace the furnace or air conditioner, will consider another brand such as Lenox or Trane. The service company that serviced the unit stated they no longer recommend Carrier because of their poor quality and recommended Lenox or Trane.

Carrier CorporationFailure to honor rebate

My 92 year old mother had a Carrier central cooling system installed. Carrier promised a $300.00 rebate. She was capable of running her own affairs at the time. My complaint is that the form to claim the rebate was so constructed as to increase the failure rate of claimants. Even though they redeclared the same rebate each month, you only had to the end of the month of installation to claim yours. Even worse, the front page of the rebate had a variety of information in large, easy to read print as the deadline, a website, etc. What it DID NOT have was the phone number that was required if you did not have a computer. THAT was on the back page, 7 paragraphs down, and in tiny (maybe 2 point type). Further, it was gray, not black and white. It was hard to find and see, and in effect hidden, especially if you are 92 years old. My Mom passed in November of 2009. At some point I became aware she never received the $300.00 rebate. I talked to and wrote Carrier's "customer service" they were not interested. I complained to the BBB, Carrier's position was unchanged. I wrote to the President of Carrier, whose office sent it back to customer service and they repeat the statement that, "their position is unchanged"

• Ji
                          Jimbo 68 Jun 06, 2011

It appears the most recent rebate program from Carrier is also a bit cloudy. For 2011 they are offering a rebate of up to $1250. for "qualified systems". Qualified systems are not identified. You must talk to a dealer. It appears this rebate is a dealer contributing rebate and that a qualified system is up to the dealer to identify and the amount of rebate is also his to determine. This means that rebates can differ from dealer to dealer, based on prices quoted from dealer to dealer, qualified systems can vary from dealer to dealer and the only constant is that the customer will never get a clear picture on savings, if any.

Carrier AC — Warranty services

Terrible experience with carrier air conditioner warranty services. Company is using third party services for...