Carports.comYou get nothing for your money

I placed an order with a Harry Folger at Carports.com for a steel carport to be erected on my property in Texas. I have his emails assuring me that it only takes two weeks for delivery and that they would erect it in one day. Now, I am not stupid; I heard him when he told me that his company gets 10% of the total order in exchange for writing the order, however after three weeks I have not been contacted by T-N-T Carports who are identified as the manufacturer in the emails from carports.com. For the past week I have called T-N-T daily and left messages at every extension on their voice-mail system. There are no humans there and no one has ever returned my call. I then tried to contact Carports.com, but it's the same story. It's been a month now and nobody returns my calls or emails. Why do they think I'm going to pay them for this 'service'?

Fortunately, I paid the down payment to Carports.com using a credit card, so I'm going to challenge the payment with my credit card company. Perhaps that will get them to respond.

My advice to others is DO NOT place an order with Carports.com; go directly to the manufacturer.

• Eu
    Eugene722 Oct 09, 2012

OMG... I was thinking of getting my carport from them since they had a style with the utility building on the side that no one else offers.. Today is 10/10/12.. Well guess I will check out Eagle Carports or Carolina Carports. Thanks for the heads up.. Will definately check out BBB.org on all these outfits Before I order.. But I heard they can take 1-6 weeks from the time they get your $ before they actually send a crew out to build them. Wonder if they are deliberately extending the date out to 60 days so you can't challenge them on your credit card.. (You only have a 60 day window. ) Maybe getting one pre built from Lowe's is a better Idea... Lowe's I can trust with my $

• Bo
    Bobby S Jan 11, 2010

Wednesday 1/6/10 11:00 am I called their NC office. 'Rose' answered ; will get Laura; Laura, "Let me call my installer and I'll call you right back." She calls back and says they will be on site in an hour, that would be noon. I took the afternoon off from work and went out to the site. At a little after three o'clock a truck and trailer pulls up with three nice young mexican fellows who didn't speak a word of english. I pointed to the 4 stakes I set where I wanted the carport and less than 2 hours later it was done and they were gone leaving a large oil spill in my driveway from their poor old truck. Lots of aggravation but a nice product when they finally showed up.

Comments

• Bo
    Bobby S Jan 06, 2010

12/28 One week after placing this complaint on complaintsboard.com I got a call from Harry Folger.  He said that 'the boss' just told him I had posted an online complaint and that he would get to the bottom of it right away. He called back a few minutes later to tell me that he had spoken with 'Laura' at the manufacturer (TNT Carports) and that she says they never got my order. Carports.com charges 10% of the total cost for one service: to pass your order on to the manufacturer. I got my credit card bill and there's a charge for the 10% down payment ($180.) plus $70. shipping for the 'free side covers'. The covers came and it's just a couple of yards of fabric cut off the bolt. The credit card charge is made out to "TNT Carports, Inc", not Carports.com, the name on the reciept.
    Later in the day Laura calls to tell me that they will be delivering my carport in one week on Monday, 1/4/10.
    On 1/4/10 at 8:00 am 'Maria' called to say they were not able to load on Saturday so they would not be there to deliver the materials until the next afternoon with construction to be completed on Wednesday. 1/6/10.
    On 1/5/10 I took the afternoon off from work and went to the job site. No one showed up or called my cell. Today is Wednesday 1/6/10 and I'm still waiting for that call.