[Resolved] Carnival Cruise LinesLoss of earned free interior room offer and loss of 35 percent off offer

Cr Sep 03, 2019 Miami, FL Review updated:

We had 2 staterooms booked on the Elation for the 2nd of Sept, due to the hurricane, I fully understand why it was cancelled and shortened to a 2 day cruise. I chose to just get a credit for a future cruise rather than go on a 2 day cruise to Nassau as i have already been there countless times. My complaint is I cant understand why I cant get the same free cruise offer I was originally given being that i have been a loyal cruiser to Carnival for many many years? I was highly upset when i was told the offer cant be applied to a future cruise. I spent money on a flight and a hotel to get to Florida a couple days in advance only to have the cruise cancelled from the original date of sailing. I would really appreciate it if i can get the same offer i originally signed up for.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Miami, FLMy VIFP Club Number is [protected], Bobby Mitchell is the name, and the Rate Code was F1R, the booking number was 8GML67. The other cabin for a 35 percent discount was booked by Linda Gibbs, her VIFP Club Number is [protected] and that booking number was 8GML56. All 5 of us that were booked in those 2 cabins are trying to rebook the same cruise which sails from Port Canaveral on Nov 16, 2019 returning on the 21st of November. I really hope we can get some kind of compensation for this so we can continue sailing with Carnival because we do enjoy ourselves everytime, but i was highly disappointed upon learning the same offer doesnt apply. We wanted a 5 day cruise, a 2 day cruise would have costed us more money than it was worth. Im thanking u in advance as I have faith that u will honor the free cruise offer plus the 35 percent off offer that we originally booked under.

• Resolution Statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response · Sep 18, 2019

Dear Bobby,

We realize that vacations are more important than ever and we know how much our guests look forward to their cruise. We are sorry to hear that you had to cancel your scheduled cruise due to Hurricane Dorian and the change to your sailing.

Your reservation was made under a specific promotion that is offered to specific VIFP guests or are only specific to certain sailings therefore we are unable to protect those rates. Once you are ready to rebook please note that their might be another promotion applicable to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Guest Administration

Comments

• Bb
      Sep 17, 2019

I was booked on your same cruise and suppose to get cruise credit toward my next cruise. I booked a cruise this weekend and just got an email I still owe on my cruise because cruise credit wasn’t in my account! Credit card company said Carnival has the money, so what did they do with it! I was threatened with cancellation, so I forked out more money and I now paid double for the same cruise and been on the phone for days and Carnival still won’t give me my money back! I doubt I will ever see that money! I’m so sick of Carnival after spending many hours on the phone and still no money! I won’t be able to enjoy my cruise knowing I got ripped off! My advise, book a cruise or trip one month before you leave because any charges over 60 days, the credit card company can’t help you!