Menu

I
Author of the complaint
5:46 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Took a SL500 to Carmax in Plano, TX to sell. Got $25, 000.00 for it. Took the deal. Went through all the paperwork, signed in all the places told, got a check (they call draft)and left. I deposit the check a couple days later, and a week after that, I get a call from my bank that the check was returned.

I ask if its stamped NSF. Bank officer says strange, it doesn't have anything stamped on it. So off to call Carmax. Of course this all occurs during the snow storm that hit during Super Bowl. The Plano office is closed due to weather. I call corporate. They are worthless. Finally after I threaten to call the local DA's office and State Attorney Generals office I get a call back from the finance manager at the Plano Carmax.

He goes on to tell me how he saw the mistake, but had no way to contact me. (BS). Long story short, they put a stop payment on my check because where he says that where I was directed to sign the title, was in the wrong spot. So after me telling him what I thought and it was all BS, he could have called or tried, he said he'd see if the Houston Carmax could overnite me a check. I get my bank officer on the phone (3 way) and have the bank officer give the Carmax manager the banks address to deposit the check to rather than to me and then to the bank. The bank is pissed I have a bad check of $25, 000.00 that got returned, so I want them to know it isn't my fault. Everything I did was in good faith.

So ask the manager, why are you overnighting me a new check if my title is still incorrect. His response, "I hope you'll work with us".

I'm still waiting on that check.

More CarMax complaints & reviews

CarMax - they underpay salesmen
CarMax - some facts about carmax
CarMax - scam and cheating
CarMax - it's a den of #s
CarMax - they need to be reported
CarMax - don't trust them
1 comments
R
Mar 21, 2012 7:59 am EDT

i had the same problem at tinley park illinois except it was for 29.000 they advertise they issue you a bank draft this is a lie they give you a regular check mine bounced to then they sent a cashiers check i deposited it they refused to even say it was wrote on their bank its been over 60 days they still have my car and title and all i have are worthless checks

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

241 complaints