CarMax — state inspection
Just had my Virginia state inspection performed at Carmax last week and despite the fact that my car purchased from them one year ago had only 7K miles, with only 2K added by me this year, they found a problem that caused my vehicle to fail the state inspection. Imagine my surprise when they insisted I leave my car with them for several days until a factory part could be delivered, telling me I could not drive with an inspection rejection sticker, and then, my consternation when a local large dealership arranged to repair the supposed problem and then found nothing wrong!!! Oh, and if that's not enough: the alleged failure that cause me to fail inspection according to Carmax is apparently not a state inspection item. I plan on following up with the state. Love the car, but I'll stick with the factory dealership for all maintenance going forward.
More CarMax Complaints & Reviews
- CarMax - be well prepared to enter a nightmare world!
- CarMax - they underpay salesmen
- CarMax - some facts about carmax
- CarMax - scam and cheating
- CarMax - it's a den of #s
- CarMax - they need to be reported
- CarMax - don't trust them
- Carmax Auto Superstores Inc. - sells junk
- www.carmax.com - they didn't return my deposit
- CarMax - automobile