Carflexiunauthorised credit card charges

C Nov 29, 2016 Review updated:

I booked a car to be picked up and returned in Nice (France) from 10th until 13th October through CarFlexi.com.
As I often book cars online, my experience is that car rental companies / car rental websites are always trying to get more money out of you so I have been very careful when selecting a service that was ALL IN!
Car picked up and returned without damage and the tank full.
Next thing we get a Euro 228 deduction from our credit card.
Several emails with Firefly later they are arguing that we didn't check the box for crossing borders and for that reason we were charged this upon collection of the car. However, nobody ever made us sign anything and we never agreed to this.
We have handed the case to our lawyer but would appreciate if this could be looked into and hopefully solved in an easier way.
Kind regards,
C. Brienen

• R
      May 07, 2018

We had the same problem!

This company is scam. I rented a car for 5 days in Syros, Greece and they charged me for a premium service worth Eur 68 that I had not selected. Furthermore, they NEVER included the cost of that premium insurance in the voucher nor they sent a receipt for the payment. I only realized of this expense when I looked at my credit card statement.

Their customer service is the WORST! I called their representative in Greece, the guy was not able to explain what the charge was for. He was extremely disrespectful and unprofessional - he even hung up the phone on me! I have booked hundreds of cars all over the world, and this one has been without any doubt my worst experience.

This is one of those companies that can certainly ruin your holidays. Stay away from them! Go with a trusted and well known company.

• M