Caracol Creamfraudulent free sample, unclear business practices

D

Do not deal with this company! I too was led to believe that I would only pay a nominal shipping fee for a "free" sample. I was at work and my husband was home when the package came. Unfortunately he paid the c.O. D. Import fee (I live in canada) of $40.00!!
If I had any idea they were charging obscene amounts for fraudulent free samples I would have sent it back, as I am doing now. I was told nicely that the company wasn't aware of this import fee, but having read these previous posts this is apparently a lie. I also read caracol cream's response about how they are working on fixing those glitches. That was dated in 2017 and it seems like they are pulling the same scam.
The jar that they shipped me was also not properly
Sealed - it had a wafer plastic cover beneath the lid, one that was easily flipped off. So hygiene is also an issue (don't know how many times this cream has been returned?).
I have also included some links that my help with other complaints:

Dj
Richmond, bc
Canada

• I0
    I'm honest Sep 03, 2008

I have been had by Caracol Cream...ordered the 14 day sample which
    was never sent. Company emailed me that package had been sent on
    8/20 by ups...today 9-3-08 I contacted ups and they said a label had
    been printed on 8/20, but the package had not be sent! I emailed the
    company and told them to cancel and received an email back saying
    I was being charged 25% of the monthly cost if I canceled. Apparently
    this was what I agreed to when I ordered. This must have been hidden
    somewhere in the ordering process, because I never saw it.

This company needs to be flagged for deceptive and illegal business practices.
    Wish I had seen this complaint board BEFORE I gave them my credit card number!!

• Po
    Ponddiva Sep 04, 2008

I ordered a 14 day free trail for the cost of shipping $4.95. As soon as I clicked the order button a message came up that my charge card would be charged $59.95. I immediately tried to cancel the order. I got an email back saying my order had already shipped and I would be charged $59.95. I could return the product at my cost and be charged a restocking fee of 25%.

Marie Sep 11, 2008

Do not order from this company. They did the same thing to me. I am disputing this with my credit card company. I plan to write letters to the Attorney General, and B.B.B. They billed me 59.00 for a trail (I got the special shipping $1.99) I cancelled the first week.
    This company is horrible! I had the rudest employee name Tiffany and got no where dealing with her.

• Yi
    Yihong Z. Sep 14, 2008

I ordered a free trail of caracol eye cream for 14 days period. they never send me that. instead, they send me a jar of caracol cream single jar and charged me $59 plus shipment fee.

• Ga
    Gail Turner Sep 15, 2008

The exact same thing has happened to me.

• Gk
    G Kendrix Sep 22, 2008

I ordered the 14day trial before reading the compalints...I can I join the class action lawsuite. These people are determined to keep billing you even after you try to cancel.

• Do
    dorothydesano Sep 26, 2008

DO NOT LIKE PRODUCT. MY FACE IS BRIGHT RED AND ITHCES. DO NOT SEND ME OR BIL ME FOR ANYMORE F YOUR CREAM1 DOROTHY DESANO

• Li
    Lisa Sep 29, 2008

Also scammed by ordering and trying to return to a FAKE ADDRESS. Wish had read the complaints before ordering.

• Ca
    Carol Cardwell Sep 30, 2008

I was doubled billed, no product was shipped. I called and spoke with a agent at Caracol Cream. He said that they were real slow in shipping product, I asked him why they charged my account again when I have not received my first order. I asked him to cancel my order and credit my account with what was taken out of it total amount charged with NO product $133.80. The agent told me he could not refund my money and he could not connect me with anyone that could. There was not a number for refund, and the agent hung up.

• Us
    User4987234 Oct 05, 2008

LADIES!!! Here's an update since my last post on the Class Action Lawsuit. Lots have definitely transpired since then. An article was also written up on Health.com regarding the false claims and scam operations. http://pokedandprodded.health.com/2017/09/29/dont-get-slimed-the-slippery-web-promotion-of-an-anti-aging-breakthrough/

If you go to www.caracol-cream.com now, it is is new web site. You cannot find the fake Doctors Recommended quotes, nor the 2017 Best Anti-Aging cream voted by the American Anti-Aging Association anywhere. Looks like they are cleaning up their SCAM operation due to too many complaints filed to the BBB (which I recommended everyone do...who has contacted me).

Please read the email I received from Jason ([protected]@caracol-cream.com). For your refund...please you should contact him directly. I hope you all find justice soon... :)

*****************

Kim,

My name is Jason and I would just like to let you know I am a senior representative of the company Caracol Cream. I sincerely appreciate your opinion on our company and I have no doubt in my mind that your experience with our company comes with adequate proof and background. I am not going to try and deny these allegations as I have come to realize through my own personal research, I am fully acknowledging our flaws and faults. I do realize that our customer service does have some crucial holes, those of which we are striving to replace for our past, present and future customers.

I want to take this opportunity and apologize for these unpleasant experiences with our company thus far, and offer my assistance in resolving any and all issues your currently have with our company. If you are in need of any assistance that you were unable to receive via our customer support team, I would be more than happy to give it to you.

My second request is for you to pass this message along to any other customers that have personally contacted you through this post. I understand that many customers have felt betrayed by our insufficient customer support and I want to do justice to their complaints by fully addressing them myself personally.

I do understand you are probably very angry with our company, however I do want to point out that we are currently accepting the fact that there were mistakes done, and I feel the only thing reasonable to do is to right these wrongs.

Sincerely,

Jason
    Senior Management Team

• Ba
    Barbara Young Oct 06, 2008

I am having difficulty finding how to return a product. When I get some one on the phone they are no help.

• Cl
    clarise cranford Oct 11, 2008

I refused the trial offer and sent it back unopened. My credit card was charged . Then I was charged $61.73, that was removed and I was charged $70.97 . Scam Scam Scam !!! I am a widow on a fixed income . If anyone has has been successful in get their money back please explain how .
    Thanks, Ana

Chad Bradley Oct 11, 2008

You think that is bad? Read this...

www.goodmaid.com

If you read this you will NEVER use a maid service again!!

First off, I had a hot date and hoped to take her back to my place..."you know, to have some milk and read the Bible".

I can't believe I tried to use this service but I didn't have time to clean up myself. I needed maid service so I thought I would try someone that I found online. Big mistake!!! Even their website is down now. It's now just a bunch of lewd advertisements.

I talked to them and they said they could come out the next day but it would cost me an extra $20 bucks. I guess I'm a sucker.

I left the door of my apartment unlocked so they could get in.

When I got back home, they had left a note on the door saying it was going to cost extra to clean my apartment. WTF!! I already paid an extra $20 bucks for same day service. When I went in they had not even cleaned and you will NEVER believe what I found in the bathroom. You have got to look at the pictures. Prepare to be disgusted. Warning!!! Graphic!!! Not for youth.

I was really upset!! I am on a tight budget anyway. I save most of my money my cigarettes (Benson & Hedges) and I like to eat out once in a while. That's about all the pleasure I get out of life. (well, except for an occasion date)

I have posted pictures of my apartment on this website. When you see these you're gonna see why I was disgusted.

It wasn't all that dirty. I even left some cleaning supplies out and I took my cats to a friends so that they were not in the way.

I'm really pissed!!! I want my $20 bucks back that I payed with my credit card.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers. Chad

chad.[protected]@ymail.com

• Da
    Dan Glaeser Oct 25, 2008

Got cream buy when I went to return the cream the Email Address can not be found not sure on how to send back the cream and canncel my order Whis I would of read about all this before ordering

• Do
    dorothydesano Oct 31, 2008

I just received my american express statement and on it is caracol cream 10/02/08 which i never received because i had sent you a lettter of coplaint and told you NOT TO END ME ANY MORE OF YOUR CREAM so, why am i biled for something i haven't received and don't want to RECEIVE? I will not pay for the cream I HAVEN'T received and DON'T want. Take it off my bill!!! dorothy desano

• Ka
    Katie Feb 03, 2009

File a complaint with the FBI if you truly believe you were defrauded, it will be worth your time to put an end to this companies illegal business practicesl.

• Rh
    rhonda Feb 15, 2009

How do we stop payment or stop the continued charges? They continue to bill my account.

• Le
    leslie Feb 16, 2009

charged want to return no address

• Su
    Susan McKiernan Mar 06, 2009

Carocal Cream offers a free sample jar. You will be charged $59.95 plus $49.5 for that jar

Jane Mar 24, 2009

They claim Caracol Cream treats acne and injuries and it isn't.

• Ro
    Ronald Mar 24, 2009

I have bought a caracol cream jar at http://caracolcreams.com and although my mother says it works reducing wrinkles I bought because they recommend it for acne and after 2 days I haven't seen any result. That doesn't mean it is a scam

• Th
    Thanks from Virginia May 11, 2009

PLEASE DO NOT ORDER THIS CREAM...unless you want a billing nightmare on your hands. I returned the trial product Thursday afternoon (3 days before the 14 day period ended - 3 days!). So what happens that Sunday? I get billed $60 bucks ! But the kicker is that I spent $20 to Fed Ex the jar back to them so that I wouldn't be charged the $60. Now I find out the company policy is to "process" the refund in 3-10 business days! Now isn't that incredible? So Caracol gets access to my money for that length of time, but I don't?!
    Of course I am looking for any attorney that is taking the lawsuit against Caracol for stuff like this. Does anyone know who that attorney is? Let me know. Thanks from Virginia.

• Ju
    jumper12 Dec 16, 2011

A while back I decided to try the 14 day trial offer of the product Caracol Cream. It was $4.95 for the shipping and handling charges, which I authorized. But if you decide you want to cancel any further shipments of the cream, you must send it back within the 14 day time period. After trying the cream I decided no, I really didn’t want this cream. I sent the product back by US Express Mail. Delivery by the next day at noon was guaranteed.

The next day was the end of the trial period, so I figured I was safe from any further charges. But just to be safe I called the company to let them know I was returning the product, that it would arrive before the trial period was over and that I did not want any additional shipments or charges made to my debit card. The sales representative I was speaking to informed me that it woud take 2 weeks to process my return. In other words, they would charge me regardless.

Unless you are absolutely sure you want this product, do not try the 14 day trial period they offer. Either way you will get stuck with paying $59.95. It is a scam because it totally goes against their claims. In order to cancel the order without any additional charges, you would have to immediately send it back right after you got it. And on top of all that, the product sucks. It doesn’t even work. I am completely dissatisfied with this company and will not be ordering from them agin.