Having problems with Canon?

Canon Customer Service Contacts

131 383 (Australia)
1800 882 000 (Malaysia)
+1 800 652 2666 (USA & Canada)
+44 173 722 0000 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 052 400 (Ireland)
+64 800 222 666 (New Zealand)
+43 168 0880 (Austria)
+32 27 220 411 (Belgium)
+420 225 280 111 (Czech Republic)
+45 70 15 5 005 (Denmark)
+358 105 4420 (Finland)
+49 21 513 450 (Germany)
+39 282 481 (Italy)
+31 205 458 545 (Netherlands)
+351 214 704 000 (Portugal)
+41 848 833 835 (Switzerland)
+852 31 912 333 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 922 6000 (Indonesia)
+63 28 849 000 (Philippines)
+65 67 998 686 (Singapore)
+27 126 754 900 (South Africa)
+66 23 449 988 (Thailand)
30-2, Shimomaruko 3-chome, Ohta-ku

17 Quai Du President Paul Doumer, 92414 Courbevoie Cedex, France

Germany
Europark Fichtenhain A10, 47807 Krefeld, Germany

Italy
Strada Padana Superiore 2/b. 20063 Cernusco sul Naviglio (Mi)

Netherlands

ul. Gottlieba Daimlera 2, 02-460 Warszawa

Portugal
Lagoas Park Edifício, 15 - Piso 0 e 1, 2740-262 Porto Salvo, Portugal

Russia
Serebryanicheskaya Naberezhnaya, 29, 8th floor Business Center, “Silver City”, 109028 Moscow, Russia

Spain
Avenida de Europa, 6, Parque Empresarial "La Moraleja", 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid

Sweden
Telegrafgatan 4, 169 88 Solna, Sweden

Switzerland
Richtistrasse 9 8304 Wallisellen

Turkey
Degirmen Sokak Nida Kule Is Merkezi № 18/10, K:2 Kozyatagi 34742 Kadiköy Istanbul

China
15F. Jinbao Building, № 89 Jinbao Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, 100005, PRC

Hong Kong
19/F., The Metropolis Tower, 10 Metropolis Drive, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong

India
7th Floor, Tower B, Building № 5, DLF Epitome, DLF Phase III, Gurgaon 122022

Malaysia
№ 6-2-01, Canon Tower, UOA, Business Park (Tower 6), Seksyen U1, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia

Singapore
1 Fusionopolis Place, № 02-20 Galaxis (West Lobby), Singapore 138522

South Africa
1st Floor, Block C Southdowns Office Park, Karee Street (off John Voster) Southdowns, Centurion

Thailand
98 Sathorn Square Office Tower, 22-24 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

United Arab Emirates
Showroom № 1, Office 1 & 2, Indigo Central Building 6, Sheikh Zayed Road, P.O. Box: 1700

Vietnam
10th Floor, President Place, 93 Nguyen Du St., Dist. Ho Chi Minh
Vietnam

Brazil
Avenida do Cafe 277, 6 andar, Torre B, Vila Guarani, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 04311-002

Mexico
Boulevard Manuel Avila Camacho № 138, Piso 17, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec, Mexico City, Mexico 11000

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Canon Customer Service. Initial Canon complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Canon above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Canon. Discuss the issues you have had with Canon and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Canon Si5 Digital Camera — moisture damage

My 3-mo old Canon sI5 stopped working for no apparant reason; I turned it off and then it wouldn't turn...

Canon USA — warranty coverage

Upon returning my 7 month old Canon Power Shot SD1000 digital camera to Canon's Factory Service Center...

Canon Powershot A720Refused to honor sale on Camera

On 7/13/08 I ordered a camera they had just put on sale, the Canon Powershot A720.

When I got my email order confirmation I noticed that the shipping date was two weeks away. I emailed customer support and was told the item was in stock but would now not ship until three weeks away!

They couldn't explain it any further. I emailed executive customer support and got no response for nearly a week. I finally got a response from a Prem R when I copied the email again to Dell's Customer Advocacy. Prem R claimed to have called me with no success - which was a lie since all of our phones have caller id and none showed any unknown or blocked numbers.

After three days I finally was able to reach Prem R at the number he gave and he claimed that Canon discontinued that model camera and I would have to go the Dell's web site and order another, more expensive, camera or cancel the order. He refused to honor the sale price or even a similar discount on another order. I declined to cancel.

I then checked Canon's web site and also called them and confirmed that the Canon Powershot A720 was a current model that had only been on the market eight months. They couldn't understand why anyone would claim it was discontinued.

I emailed Prem R and others at Dell once again about this. They never replied but did (around 8/4/08) cancel my order without informing me directly about the cancellation.

• Ji
      Jim Hewes Aug 11, 2008

I went to buy one of these on Aug 9 and was told by a salesman at Sears that they didn't have any left and that this model is discontinued.

My guess is that Canon doesn't want to officially announce to customers that it's discontinued, or that a new model is coming, until all the channel inventory sells out.

Sarthak Aug 19, 2008

Ditto with me, I ordered on July16 and they sent a noreply mail on July30 saying my order is cancelled stating, "The manufacturer has discontinued item number A1267635"

Canon Eos 40ddeceptive business practices

This company lists many products from Canon and they display great deals but they don't give you all the necessary details. I ordered an Canon EOS 40D because it was only $499 for the body. If you look most anywhere else you would think that this comes with the cables, batteries, boxes, software, manual, and the like. In fact you literally only get the body. My order never went through because I was informed that the item was not in stock and would not be for many weeks to come. I later received an email telling me my order had been processed so I called to find out what was going on. They told me the website states the item is not in stock. That's not true. They also told me I would have received only the body and none of the necessary peripherals required to operate the camera that any normal person would assume they would get. Furthermore, they told me they are not an authorized Canon dealer yet they list all sorts of cameras and lenses from Canon. Fortunately I wasn't ripped off but this experience reminds me that a deal that looks too good to be true probably is.

Canon — Camera

Ordered a Canon camera from this company on line - was called several days later to be told that the camera...

Canon Cameraone month delay to repair the camera

i took my canon camera to the canon agent in saudi arabia on 10 April 2008 for repair. the camera has not been fixed until today 5 May 2008 because the agent does not have the spare part that is needed. the agent never called me to explain the reason for delay.

i normaly use my camera for business purposes, therefore i suffured from the delay.

the Job no is ( 011462 ) and i can fax you a copy.

• Bi
          Billie Harman Jan 07, 2009

company moved around. Associated with Canon, Rite Aid, Green Dot Yahoo, then never returned $ or sent camera. Web site closed down when I tried to contact them. I sent complaint on your web site but never hear from you either.

• Bi
          Billie Harman Jan 07, 2009

Correction. It wasn't Canon that was the Fraud - it was DIGITAL TECH GEAR that "sold" me the camera on a Yahoo related site, that I had to buy via a loaded Green Dot card ($400) I bought from Rite Aid. I entered the PIN as directed but never received the camera. When I went to their website it had shut down. I complained to Consumer Complaints and have never heard from them either.

• Am
          AmitJind Jun 29, 2014

I purchased camera from this shop keeper and he sold it to me for 967 SD. He told I will get refund of approx 100 SD where I get only 48 SD at Airport. He sold 600D as newly launched camera. I believed his as I heard in Singapore no one cheats. I found later he has cheated with at least 250 Singapore Dollars (SD).

Canon / Pixma Pro 9500 PrinterTerrible service!

Another warning regarding Canon! I bought a new Pixma 9500 on the strength of Amazons description stating that it would run on Windows 98 right upto Vista. I purchased from A.J.Purdey at the lowest price I could find of £500 -a bargain! Assembled printer as per instructions and loaded the software into the p.c. to end up with an on screen warning "Will not work with this operating system" My p.c. runs on Win. M.E. I emailed Amazon protesting that their information was incorrect and received a very apologetic email but it stated that their information came direct from Canon. I emailed Canon who gave me a reference number and asked for a copy of the receipt of purchase. This I duly did and included Amazons web page so they could see for themselves. They emailed back telling me I'd be contacted by someone technical in about five days and that's the last I've heard. I've emailed four times since, each time quoting my ref. number and enclosing the receipt and Amazons web page which is still, after four months, stating this printer will run on all Windows 98 on. I will have to buy a new p.c. and by the time I get to use this printer, the warranty will nearly be out! I have several thousand pounds worth of Canon photographic equipment and have been a staunch supporter of Canon for many years but I would now happily dump it all and re-equip with Nikon if only I could afford to. Canon do not give a damn about any consumer once they have your money. BE WARNED!!

• Mi
            Michael Micallef Feb 01, 2008

That seems to be the attitude of many large companies these days. Nikon is not noted for being the most helpful or no hassle type of a company either. The attitude these days is "pay your money, take your chances and shut up".

• La
            lance mitchell Aug 20, 2018

I am 66 almost impossible for me to do anything confusing too much techo not clear-cut even on utube no clue way over my head it took me 2 months of trying anything everything utube every day trying to get threw bad really awlful instructions I had a samsung plug and play NEVER EVER AGAIN IT SUCKS no cds no nothing booooooooooooooooo!!!

Mansour Mortazie Sep 01, 2018

Poor customer service.
            poor return policy.

Canon Canada — The worst digital cameras!

Canon Canada Inc. 1400 Courtney Park Drive East Mississauga, Ontario L5T 1P7. I purchased the Canon Power...